Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Next BA station....

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2014, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by BApilotinsider
I'd imagine BA will be very hesitant to start KUL if MH continue to destroy yields on the route.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/tr...disasters.html
If they are serious about turning things round that can't go on for long.

But given their previous behaviour in flooding the market to force BA off the route it may be that some kind of agreement would be needed between the 2 airlines (that complied with competition law) before BA invested in this route again. (BA has enough slots not to need to buy one from MH, that could be sold to the highest bidder in the way that many struggling airlines so.)

Last edited by Leavinglondon; Aug 29, 2014 at 5:35 am Reason: addition
Old Aug 29, 2014, 5:54 am

I'd imagine BA will be very hesitant to start KUL if MH continue to destroy yields on the route.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/tr...disasters.html
That Mail article as usual is a load of rubbish. £570 is hardly that low a price: BA is currently selling tickets to all their Asia destinations (except ICN interestingly) for less than that - so they have "slashed" prices too!

Obviously MH has major problems across its network but I wouldn't take anything the Mail says as evidence of that.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 6:08 am

Programs: BA Gold4life, ICH RA, Hyatt Gold and others
Originally Posted by Leavinglondon
If they are serious about turning things round that can't go on for long.

But given their previous behaviour in flooding the market to force BA off the route it may be that some kind of agreement would be needed between the 2 airlines (that complied with competition law) before BA invested in this route again. (BA has enough slots not to need to buy one from MH, that could be sold to the highest bidder in the way that many struggling airlines so.)
I the back of my mind a bell rings that (certainly) once upon a time one of the daily slot pairs used by MH was leased from BA when BA pulled back from asia Is this still the case?
Old Aug 29, 2014, 6:14 am

Not sure I thought that BA only withdrew from KL when MH introduced its 3rd daily flight (now discontinued) so it was unlikely to have leased a slot to MH?
Old Sep 10, 2014, 3:31 pm

Programs: BAEC silver
Was just looking at an old route map of BA. I wonder if the latest destinations in the Caribbean would indicate a spread to old destinations in that area of the world? Perhaps Belize or somewhere like Panama? More bucket and spade growth out of Gatwick perhaps?
Old Sep 10, 2014, 4:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by ACARS
Was just looking at an old route map of BA. I wonder if the latest destinations in the Caribbean would indicate a spread to old destinations in that area of the world? Perhaps Belize or somewhere like Panama? More bucket and spade growth out of Gatwick perhaps?

I suspect BA will expand both long and shorthaul at Gatters in the not too distant future, certainly if no short term solution is found to the capacity issues at Mothership heathrow.

cs
Old Sep 11, 2014, 5:33 am

This is a new city in the mix...

http://www.tennessean.com/story/mone...ight/15417177/
Old Sep 11, 2014, 6:12 am

Programs: BA,EK,SPG
For me, a return to DAC would be most welcome. I know BA dropped this route years ago due to non-profitability but a direct flight to Dhaka is much needed (although BG, the national carrier does this) from the UK.

At the moment the GCC carriers are my only option, and a high number of these are overbooked ex-DAC so there must be scope.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 6:13 am

Programs: BA,EK,SPG
Originally Posted by ekflyer1
For me, a return to DAC would be most welcome. I know BA dropped this route years ago due to non-profitability but a direct flight to Dhaka is much needed (although BG, the national carrier does this) from the UK.

At the moment the GCC carriers are my only option, and a high number of these are overbooked ex-DAC so there must be scope.
....and I could put my 2-4-1 to some good use
Old Sep 11, 2014, 7:16 am

What has Nashville got going for it apart from country music?

I would love to visit St Louis, so fingers crossed.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 2:20 pm

Another nod to KUL...

http://centreforaviation.com/analysi...airways-184576
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:59 pm

Somehow I don't see the SYD flight being moved from SIN. May work if it is to replace on of Malaysian's two daily A380s, but are there enough passengers to fill a 777? Maybe one for a 787?
Old Sep 11, 2014, 4:00 pm

I'm sticking to the next station being located to the West of London and not East.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 4:30 pm

Programs: LH FTL, BA Silver, Thameslink Delay Repay
What has Nashville got going for it apart from country music?
Our HQ for starters, but I don't see our all advance purchase Y travel policy making BA lots of money

Oh, and Taylor Swift!
Old Sep 11, 2014, 5:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
I'm sticking to the next station being located to the West of London and not East.

shame not SW

cs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.