Crossrail and LHR T5

Old Jul 4, 2017, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Spotted on my twitter stream this morning as it was announced by HAL. An improvement on the original plan of crossrail only serving T23 and T4, but in the new plan out of the 6ph to LHR only 2 will go to T5.

https://your.heathrow.com/elizabeth-...sted-services/
Still not ideal, but a significant improvement, particularly for departing passengers. ^

For example from my perspective, I'll be able to pick a particular train from Farringdon to T5 without the need to change. On arrival, I guess I will often end up changing at T2/3 to avoid a long wait.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 5:25 am

Programs: BA Gold; Swiss Blue
Originally Posted by Morland
Looks like the deal has been done, and there will be 4tph on Crossrail to T5. Haven't seen this reported elsewhere, but this was retweeted by London Reconnections, who normally know what they're talking about.

http://www.metro-report.com/news/new...w-airport.html
Error in the quoted article:
Planned rail services to Heathrow from December 2019

Elizabeth Line 6 trains four serving Terminals 2 & 3 and Terminal 4, and four serving Terminals 2 & 3 and Terminal 5
4 + 4 = 8 not 6
Old Jul 4, 2017, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by SWISSBOBBY
Error in the quoted article:

4 + 4 = 8 not 6
I think that article is wrong. According to the LHR press release linked about it will be 4 + 2 = 6.

However they say they hope to add an extra 2 sometime in the future to make 8 total.

Does anyone know if there will be an easy interchange for T5 passengers between HEX and Liz Line at T2/3, as there is now for T4?
Old Jul 4, 2017, 5:35 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Ldnn1

Does anyone know if there will be an easy interchange for T5 passengers between HEX and Liz Line at T2/3, as there is now for T4?
I was under the impression that the crossrail trains will use the HEX platforms at the T2/3 station.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 5:39 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
I was under the impression that the crossrail trains will use the HEX platforms at the T2/3 station.
Yup same tracks and stations - the station at T5 has unused extra platforms ready for the western rail link
Old Jul 4, 2017, 5:40 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
or to put in another way, per hour

Terminal 5
4x HEX
2x Crossrail
6x Piccadilly

Terminal 4
4x Crossrail
6x Piccadilly

Terminal 2/3
6x Crossrail
4x HEX
12x Piccadilly
Old Jul 4, 2017, 5:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
It's the western access from Reading that I'd be most happy to see. Sadly unlikely in my flying lifetime.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 5:59 am

Also confirmed that oyster / contactless will be available on Elizabeth line services to all stations at Heathrow - though they haven't announced what fare yet. Not clear whether zone 6 fare (as per Piccadily line) will apply or whether use of Elizabeth line from the airport will be at a higher fare.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 6:03 am

Programs: BAEC (although I might just cut up the card)
Originally Posted by DrGee
It's the western access from Reading that I'd be most happy to see. Sadly unlikely in my flying lifetime.
Well, it's likely you could go crossrail from Reading to H&H then on to Heathrow. As per connect today, but hopefully cheaper.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by rcspeirs
Also confirmed that oyster / contactless will be available on Elizabeth line services to all stations at Heathrow - though they haven't announced what fare yet. Not clear whether zone 6 fare (as per Piccadily line) will apply or whether use of Elizabeth line from the airport will be at a higher fare.
I would have been very shocked had oyster/contactless card not been accepted on crossrail. It's part of the TfL network and there are countless connecting passages between crossrail and the tube along the line.

Pricing will be interesting, but whatever the price set it will be cheaper than HEX!
Old Jul 4, 2017, 6:10 am

Programs: BA Gold; Swiss Blue
If I have read correctly Oyster/Contactless will be available on HEX too...

From May 2018, new ticket readers will be installed at Heathrow, meaning passengers using Heathrow Express and TfL Rail between Paddington and Heathrow will be able to use pay as you go Oyster or a contactless device.
The new ways to pay for journeys to the airport will mean more convenience and flexibility for passengers. Passengers travelling on the Heathrow Express will benefit from easier on-the-day ticketing and can still purchase tickets in advance online from as little as 5.50.
Can we get tickets on the HEX so cheaply today?
Old Jul 4, 2017, 6:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by r00ty
Well, it's likely you could go crossrail from Reading to H&H then on to Heathrow. As per connect today, but hopefully cheaper.
I've never used that route and don't know anyone that does. The Railair bus is quicker (on most days). Maybe Crossrail will improve timings though. A quick check has it at possibly a little over 30 minutes but the change is still inconvenient.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by SWISSBOBBY
If I have read correctly Oyster/Contactless will be available on HEX too...

Can we get tickets on the HEX so cheaply today?
I think I have managed to get a 5.50 ticket but that is the 90 advanced purchase for weekend only. It's 12.10 for a weekday 90 day fare. I am assuming any walk on crossrail fare is still going to be significantly cheaper than HEX.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 6:34 am

I think I have managed to get a 5.50 ticket but that is the 90 advanced purchase for weekend only. It's 12.10 for a weekday 90 day fare. I am assuming any walk on crossrail fare is still going to be significantly cheaper than HEX.
One would hope so. My guess is there will be a supplement for Elizabeth Line versus the standard Zone 6 fare though. Maybe a flat airport entry/exit supplement like at MAD or JFK airtrain.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 7:35 am

Programs: # Neodymium #
I can see HAH lobbying hard for Crossrail to not undercut HEX significantly.. In fact, there may already be a pricing agreement in place to allow the integration of systems.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.