Tier Points-One World members

Old Jul 29, 2014, 10:29 pm
Original Poster

Tier Points-One World members

Hi all, first post so take it easy!

I have held an Exec card for a while and whilst not travelling long haul much, since April I have been on quite a few long haul trips for work that has seen my tier points creep up.

I have flown a mixture on One World, and as such, have seen my Cathay tier points show on my account. Im 30 off upgrading to Silver, but I have noticed that I travelled on US in May, and my points havent shown up on my Exec card statement- I tried to claim for them, but as they show in my US Dividend account I cant claim for them- which is a shame as this would send me into Silver..

Any way round it at all to get my tier points added/ showing?

For info I am currently working in Hong Kong and my trip back will put me into Silver, but if I could get the US tier points added before I fly back means at least I would get Lounge access and bumped up Avios..

Thanks

Jason
Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:05 am

Hello and welcome to FT!

Unfortunately as the points have already posted to the US account it cannot be reverted. FF number must be correct before travel.
You could of course ask both US and BAEC for a manual fix, but that is very far fetched.

moderator note:
Also, your post was invisible due to the FT spam filter catching you as a first time poster. This is automatic to prevent a flood of spam on here. Sometimes the innocents get caught too. Apologies
Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:35 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Unlucky for you. Since US and BA are now in one alliance, the obvious recommendation to you is to pick one programme and collect all TPs and miles there.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 1:24 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
You would first need to call US and ask them to uncredit the flight from your US account. Then once that is done, you can retro-claim through BA.com.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 11:10 am

Programs: AA: Life time PLT; HH Diamond
Which FF program to join?

Since US and AA programs will soon be joined, have you considered joining American AAdvantage instead? You will find easier reward availability (in my opinion) at much, much lower miles needed for premium cabins (Just back from
Oz in First at 160,000 miles instead of 300,000 in QANTAS A380 out and BA A380 via HKG back)...
Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by wemyss
Since US and AA programs will soon be joined, have you considered joining American AAdvantage instead? You will find easier reward availability (in my opinion) at much, much lower miles needed for premium cabins (Just back from
Oz in First at 160,000 miles instead of 300,000 in QANTAS A380 out and BA A380 via HKG back)...
Agreed, but the consensus is that there will be a big devaluation of the programme fairly soon - to match DL and UA.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nux
You would first need to call US and ask them to uncredit the flight from your US account. Then once that is done, you can retro-claim through BA.com.
Thanks, will try that route.

regards,

Jason

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.