Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

WTP --> J upgrade redemption: HKG -- LHR in Oct 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2014, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MPO DM (OWE); UA *G (*A G), HHonors Gold; KLM/AF Flying Blue

Dear All,

I'm a regular CX flyer and a MPO GO (OW Sapphire) and its a pleasure to meet you all on this board. Need to seek your advice on an upcoming BA itinerary of HKG -> LHR -> TXL return in October 2014.

I've booked WTP and am looking into the opportunity of upgrading my HKG <-> LHR legs to J. Been making regular requests via Asiamiles and each time they tell me there is no availability. Unfortunately BA does not allow CX to hold wait list redemptions.

Does anyone know when these seats might be released for upgrade? I used to have KVStool but my subscription has since expired.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 7:38 pm
formerly bdohmen

Programs: Still dealing with the loss of my BA Concorde Room Card
WTP --&gt; J upgrade redemption: HKG -- LHR in Oct 2014

The app cuts off the end of the title so not sure when you are traveling but I often see it pop up in the final days before the flight so just keep checking.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 9:20 pm

Programs: BA Silver/ows, CX AsiaMiles (not even GR anymore!) missing my GO days
You may need to rejoin us back in the CX forum to ask about this. The problem is that I think you can only upgrade a roundtrip using AsiaMiles, and both segments need to have upgrade inventory at the same time. Also, just checking that you've already seen some old posts about the convoluted procedure you need to follow to make sure the upgrade tickets correctly.

I've never been able to get this to work, although some people have. Good luck!
Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Gold
I flew BA LHR-HKG-LHR in December, booked WTP+ and used Avios to upgrade to CW. The redemption seats were not released until 3 or 4 days before travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.