Search

Lowest ever Gold CIV?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2014, 7:04 am
Suspended
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Lowest ever Gold CIV?

I had a quick look at the manifest yesterday, and noted my CIV as a Gold was 17.
My younger brother, who has flown fewer flights than me (also Gold), had a score of 38!

We had wondered why his meal choice was taken a few people before mine!

Truthfully it made absolutely no difference to the service.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 7:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Originally Posted by andset1191
I was away to say - I doubt the CC distinguish on the basis of CIV thingy-mig-bobs.

I never quite understand the burning need of some people to know what their CIV is. I couldn't give two hoots!
Old Jul 29, 2014, 7:09 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Are you sure it wasn't 37?

The CIV range for Gold is 36-96.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l#post22932232
Old Jul 29, 2014, 7:09 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
I had a quick look at the manifest yesterday, and noted my CIV as a Gold was 17.
My younger brother, who has flown fewer flights than me (also Gold), had a score of 38!

I thought 17 was the Silver level. Have you recently changed tier (or are about to)?
Old Jul 29, 2014, 7:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
I think andset1191 became Gold a few months ago - IIRC from his latest TR.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 7:12 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Lowest ever Gold CIV?

CIV 17 Gold does not sound right to me.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 7:19 am
Suspended
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I thought 17 was the Silver level. Have you recently changed tier (or are about to)?
I moved up to Gold at the beginning of June - 17 was my number when Silver too it appears not have changed since becoming Gold.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 7:20 am
Suspended
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by LondonElite
CIV 17 Gold does not sound right to me.
I thought not either, but then thought I can't really complain that a number I shouldn't have seen wasn't high enough - that would probably find its way into the Christmas collection of "most stupid complaints ever".
Old Jul 29, 2014, 7:22 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Lowest ever Gold CIV?

I think by your next flight you'll have moved up to 36+
Old Jul 29, 2014, 7:26 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I thought not either, but then thought I can't really complain that a number I shouldn't have seen wasn't high enough - that would probably find its way into the Christmas collection of "most stupid complaints ever".
A bit of me wishes you would try, just to see how BA word the reply. It would be funny if they gave you some Avios for hurt feelings and diminished fraternal bragging rights. But indeed the answer is that the CIV is calculated on a rolling basis and it can take up to 3 months for the correct figure to show.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 7:34 am
Suspended
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
A bit of me wishes you would try, just to see how BA word the reply. It would be funny if they gave you some Avios for hurt feelings and diminished fraternal bragging rights. But indeed the answer is that the CIV is calculated on a rolling basis and it can take up to 3 months for the correct figure to show.
Yes - said brother actually hit gold 3 weeks after I did as well
Old Jul 29, 2014, 7:42 am

Naughty, naughty, naughty checking the manifest
Also naughty Crew having the manifest openly available

This whole CIV score is far too important for some Card holders, but as others said, yes Gold starts at 36, so you are still on your Silver CIV, but I am sure it will be updated in due course.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 8:02 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
But indeed the answer is that the CIV is calculated on a rolling basis and it can take up to 3 months for the correct figure to show.
Actually, the rolling basis is referenced against c-w-s and he had a bit of a 'lull' a few weeks ago so everyone's CIV took a shuddering drop. It will take a few weeks to recover and BA are beefing up their systems to deal with such unforeseen circumstances in future.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 8:05 am

Programs: OS FTL, BA Silver, Thameslink Delay Repay
Originally Posted by BotB
Actually, the rolling basis is referenced against c-w-s and he had a bit of a 'lull' a few weeks ago so everyone's CIV took a shuddering drop. It will take a few weeks to recover and BA are beefing up their systems to deal with such unforeseen circumstances in future.
Surely if c-w-s had a "lull" and he is the reference value, then everyone else's CIV should have skyrocketed?
Old Jul 29, 2014, 8:20 am

Programs: BA Silver
What would a matched bmi refugee GCH who has only just done enough flying in the last year for bronze have as their CIV? Lower than the OP I would imagine. Perhaps that is why I never get "the talking to" from the CSM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.