Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ex-EU, weather, and a 001 ticket

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2014, 7:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Rewards, BAPP
Thanks Stifle, good to know.

The "allowable" was probably the wrong word, still tired after a hectic night shift, lots of late incoming flights etc. It was in reference to a post in the turnaround thread by Billinghamn about having to duck under barriers etc
All sorted now though, thanks again
Old Jul 29, 2014, 7:33 am

Programs: BA Gold
I did exactly this this morning- the doorway was manned by a member of staff, but when I explained what I wanted to do, she quite happily let me through. You end up behind the red tensa barrier at the gate. The agent there just wanted to check I had a boarding pass.

I'm not sure you can rely on this, but it sure saved me a load of running/stress...
Old Jul 29, 2014, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Ah, I see. It's probably all fine, they just don't see lots of people doing it.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 9:09 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Has anyone used the left luggage at T5 and if so does it take long to retrieve?
Old Jul 29, 2014, 9:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Old Jul 29, 2014, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Yes. I got the impression nearly no one does it therefore they are surprised when it happens. I was the only one doing it on my full flight the other day.

Incidentally, I got slightly cold at BRU and put on a bright sweater. This had the added advantage of meaning I wasn't recognised on the return. I should have used shades as well.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 1:26 pm

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
I did bru back to back yesterday after coming in from yyz. Lhr to bru around 830, delays of course, i was originally booked on the later flight back from bru around 330 i think for my return rfs positioning flight to lhr but knew delays were piling up. We arrived at gate 7 i think so hot footed down the corridor to try to wrangle back on, followed B connections to the right at end of arrivals corridor, up the escalator, pop out at the fast track bp reader beyond security but quick back through in a jiffy. Did i take a wrong turn or was it because we arrived at gate 7 as i was not expecting security, but then i see my experience mirrors the dashboard guide? I got back on after a lot of typing from the ga as computer didnt like me.

Last edited by jcm9000; Jul 29, 2014 at 1:42 pm Reason: Too long the first time!
Old Jul 29, 2014, 2:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by jcm9000
I did bru back to back yesterday after coming in from yyz. Lhr to bru around 830, delays of course, i was originally booked on the later flight back from bru around 330 i think for my return rfs positioning flight to lhr but knew delays were piling up. We arrived at gate 7 i think so hot footed down the corridor to try to wrangle back on, followed B connections to the right at end of arrivals corridor, up the escalator, pop out at the fast track bp reader beyond security but quick back through in a jiffy. Did i take a wrong turn or was it because we arrived at gate 7 as i was not expecting security, but then i see my experience mirrors the dashboard guide? I got back on after a lot of typing from the ga as computer didnt like me.
On the usual gate you need to turn left literally the moment the jetway ends: as mentioned above it's actually the ramp down from the gate , only as "connections" you are going up it. It comes up so quickly that it is easy to miss.

It may be of course that this is unique to the usual BA gate- others may be able to comment. I can't remember the number of the gate, but it's the one first on the left after starrybucks as you arrive from security.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by sapper188
Yes, it's fine and quite prompt. Don't forget to collect Heathrow Reward points.

[typing on the taxi into T7 at JFK. Gotta love 3's roaming policy]
Old Jul 30, 2014, 1:38 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Thanks, stifle - enjoy your trip.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by kipperman
I did exactly this this morning- the doorway was manned by a member of staff, but when I explained what I wanted to do, she quite happily let me through. You end up behind the red tensa barrier at the gate. The agent there just wanted to check I had a boarding pass.
Interested to know what those of you doing a back-to-back tell the agent? The true ex-EU cash savings story or a shaggy dog?
Old Jul 30, 2014, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Muttley
Interested to know what those of you doing a back-to-back tell the agent? The true ex-EU cash savings story or a shaggy dog?
"I'm returning directly on flight BA xxx"
"Didn't you just come off BA yyy?"
"Yes."

Less is more.

If questions are asked, no need to lie, say it was cheaper, BA are well aware of this.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by Calchas
"I'm returning directly on flight BA xxx"
"Didn't you just come off BA yyy?"
"Yes."

Less is more.

If questions are asked, no need to lie, say it was cheaper, BA are well aware of this.
I thought as much, but I had to ask.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
I did the back to back at BRU Gate 7 again yesterday. Turned left at the end of the jetty and headed up the ramp, to be met by a man in a brown suit and no tie trying to direct me down again. Bleary-eyed as I was off the overnight from SFO, I nearly complied when I realised he was British and a passenger waiting for the flight back to LHR. I had a little argument with him, ducked under the taped off area and went to clean up.

On my return, I decided to watch him - he was hanging about at the desk trying to look officious. I then realised he was hogging the head of the economy line - so he was a DYKWIA, without actually being anyone. He was not happy when he spotted me boarding in the Priority Line!

Incidentally, I've done this now at BRU gates 4 and 7 and it works perfectly well for both.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 6:20 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Calchas
It's a perfectly 'legal' flight, as you suggest, and no one is doing anything wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.