Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Great offer from the Irish Chamber of Commerce Hong Kong

Old Jul 24, 2014, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA, Hilton.

http://www.irishchamber.hk/

One return flight HKG-LHR CW for BA Gold.
I think membership to the Chamber is around HKD600 and I do not think there are restrictions on joining.

Hopefully of use to someone.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 8:41 am
Suspended

Only 400 HKD for overseas members. I wonder if you could do LHR HKG LHR instead of the other way around. That would make for a pretty good mileage run.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 8:49 am

Blurb doesn't actually say it is a HKG-LHR return.

So could you do Avios out to HKG one way and return before the cut-off on a paid HKG-LHR. Then use the "return" part of the paid ticket six months later? (and come back on avios?)
Old Jul 24, 2014, 9:34 am

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 12:09 am
Old Jul 24, 2014, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Only a "chance", meaning probably some lottery.
The 'free" flight is just the normal award you can get on HKG-SIN from all the avios you will have collected on HKG-LHR-HKG in J.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I would strike a different tone to the previous posters; admittedly the phrase is used such that it sounds as if receiving status is not guaranteed, but I would *not* actually interpret it as being meant quite as rigidly as that.

(I don't know if this is unique to Hiberno-English, but if I said, as a member of the HK Irish CoC, "I'm giving you a chance for claiming BAEC Gold, and here is how you get it", I wouldn't necessarily mean that you may not get the status even if you do what is prescribed for getting the status, but rather: that you may or may not get, only dependent on whether you decide to do what is prescribed. Or stated another way - a chance is provided - and the only uncertainty is whether you actually take that chance.).

But before someone joins the CoC and buys their Club World flight from HKG to LHR before 31.10.2014 - I would advise you to verify this with the CoC.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 1:26 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
At what point will someone email to ask if a flight booked with Avios qualifies...
Old Jul 24, 2014, 1:31 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
is this offer too good to be true ? Me thinks I will stay away !
Old Jul 24, 2014, 1:54 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by HMPS
is this offer too good to be true ? Me thinks I will stay away !
Would be a long way to travel for someone in ORD or LON alright! But HKD600 is not even $80 - if you're in the neighbourhood and were planning a trip that's a pretty attractive punt
Old Jul 24, 2014, 6:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
Would be a long way to travel for someone in ORD or LON alright! But HKD600 is not even $80 - if you're in the neighbourhood and were planning a trip that's a pretty attractive punt
and it's not even HKD600 if you live in ORD or LON. it's only HKD400.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 6:55 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
Originally Posted by BenSenise
and it's not even HKD600 if you live in ORD or LON. it's only HKD400.
Repositioning to HKG is not a problem for some of us who travel in that region.

The offer as it was interpreted first was just " to be too good to be true" .
Old Jul 26, 2014, 1:06 am
Original Poster

Clarified with the chamber.
One CW return before the date for BA gold.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 12:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, MarriotPlatinum (Lifetime Gold), IHG Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist :)) , Hilton Diamond
Someone reported on a separate thread that this CW flight was 29800 HKD per agreement with the Irish Chamber of Commerce. Anyone able to substantiate that? Also is it clear that this must be a return. The wording in the announce says "Fly to London" though later in the add it refers to a round trip HKG-LHR-HKG earning enough for a return to Singapore or BKK.

Last edited by globalentry57; Aug 7, 2014 at 12:12 am Reason: forgot question
Old Aug 7, 2014, 12:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by globalentry57
Someone reported on a separate thread that this CW flight was 29800 HKD per agreement with the Irish Chamber of Commerce. Anyone able to substantiate that? Also is it clear that this must be a return. The wording in the announce says "Fly to London" though later in the add it refers to a round trip HKG-LHR-HKG earning enough for a return to Singapore or BKK.
It is a return.
Your best bet it to contact them.
The 29800HKD is to anywhere in Europe with no stopover in London allowed.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 12:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, MarriotPlatinum (Lifetime Gold), IHG Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist :)) , Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MickV
It is a return.
Your best bet it to contact them.
The 29800HKD is to anywhere in Europe with no stopover in London allowed.
Thanks Mick. I'll do that, and I have a decent reason to join anyway, which helps.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.