salzburg query

Old Jul 24, 2014, 4:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
salzburg query

I will be flying from Salzburg to Gatwick on Sunday.

The flight departs at 14:05. I'm bussing to the airport from the depths of the Austrian countryside, with the bus scheduled to arrive at the airport at 12:53.

Is this cutting it a bit fine? Or will I have plenty of time to clear security etc, even allowing for possible bus delays?

I'm in CE with hand luggage only.

Vielen Dank,

Hector B
Old Jul 24, 2014, 7:44 am

Programs: BA GGL/GfL, A3 Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Gold
salzburg query

That sounds about perfect to me, I wouldn't worry.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 7:48 am

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
You should be fine (although be grateful you're not travelling with me!). It is quite small and there is no lounge to linger in (although BA give you a voucher which you can spend in the outside bar on top of the terminal watching the aircraft).
Old Jul 24, 2014, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Thanks both.

Is the rooftop bar which Tuff mentions airside or landside?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 9:35 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
salzburg query

Timing is fine, and Austrian busses are seldom late
Old Jul 24, 2014, 9:39 am

The roof terrace bar is landside, but the airport is tiny, so you should be absolutely fine. Even if you were to arrive at 13.45 for a 14.05 flight, you'd be fine (assuming hand baggage only).
Old Jul 24, 2014, 10:29 am

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
It's a while since I was there but ISTR there's not much airside. So I'd definitely go to the bar landside if there's time!

Sometimes security can block up quickly if there happen to be tour groups run by one of the German travel companies - the rest of the time it's very smooth.

In winter I would allow much more time for any road transport to reach the airport in case of snow conditions.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Timing is fine, and Austrian busses are seldom late
+1
Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by h15t0r1an
It's a while since I was there but ISTR there's not much airside. So I'd definitely go to the bar landside if there's time!

Sometimes security can block up quickly if there happen to be tour groups run by one of the German travel companies - the rest of the time it's very smooth.

In winter I would allow much more time for any road transport to reach the airport in case of snow conditions.
You are correct that security can occasionally be busy, even in the summer if you have some charter flights but even then you would be unlikely to miss your flight once you have checked in 1h10 before your flight and other people likely to check no earlier would probably also be held at security if that were the problem.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.