Search

DFW lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2014, 1:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, PPL/IR
DFW lounges

Hi

Flying back to London next week from DFW on BA flight number, AA metal.

Three of us travelling, 2 silver one bronze, all in business.

Can we use the BA lounge as well as AA? The oneworld website blurb says "travelling on BA only" but does this mean the metal or the flight number?

If we are eligible for more than one lounge, which is best...?

Cheers
Crowe
Old Jul 21, 2014, 2:06 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by crowe
Hi

Flying back to London next week from DFW on BA flight number, AA metal.

Three of us travelling, 2 silver one bronze, all in business.

Can we use the BA lounge as well as AA? The oneworld website blurb says "travelling on BA only" but does this mean the metal or the flight number?

If we are eligible for more than one lounge, which is best...?

Cheers
Crowe

Do you hold any Amex Platinum/Centurion cards between you? The Amex lounge at DFW is probably the best one. If not, the AAdmirals Club is better than the 3rd party BA lounge in my opinion (other than it not having the lady that walks around with pieces of cheesecake)
Old Jul 21, 2014, 2:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, PPL/IR
Originally Posted by darthlemsip
Do you hold any Amex Platinum/Centurion cards between you? The Amex lounge at DFW is probably the best one. If not, the AAdmirals Club is better than the 3rd party BA lounge in my opinion (other than it not having the lady that walks around with pieces of cheesecake)
But I like cheesecake!

No Amex so might stick to AA lounge or have a peek at both and see assuming we can get in.

Thanks
Old Jul 21, 2014, 4:05 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by crowe
But I like cheesecake!

No Amex so might stick to AA lounge or have a peek at both and see assuming we can get in.

Thanks
You should be able to get into the BA Club at D21 - BA metal or code are both good. The only reason for turning you away is if it is full. It's not the best, but personally I would rate it above the AA clubs. However the so-called AA Admirals Club Executive Center, above concourse C, is massive, perhaps the biggest lounge I've seen, and it is worth a visit. Just don't expect too much catering. It's surprising there is a Flagship in ORD but not DFW.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 6:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
Hmmm, the BA shared lounge at DFW is tiny and really a token effort in my opinion.
Certainly not worth getting excited about - there must be better.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 9:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
The BA lounge offerings are better than AA in my opinion - really enjoyed the wine and cheesecake. But the BA lounge is tiny and has been packed every time I've used it.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
You can all use 'The Club at DFW' (a third party lounge used by BA) and/or the AA Admirals Club.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 1:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
The AC is not that bad at DFW, and I'm torn between that and the BA offering. The trouble with the BA lounge, as noted above, is that it gets super packed about 90 mins before the London flights. No seats, very stuffy, etc.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 9:13 pm

Programs: BA GGL+CCR, HHonors Dia, Hyatt Dia
DFW lounges

BA lounge is tiny and packed but with no flagship lounge it is better just than AA lounge.
Just get there early to get a seat!
Old Jul 28, 2014, 8:55 am

Programs: BA Gold
But not that early. Says he who was once there 4 hours early and bored beyond belief
Old Jul 28, 2014, 9:36 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by darthlemsip

This is the advice to follow at DFW.

Amex
AA
BA
Old Jul 28, 2014, 10:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
If flying on BA in Club from DFW-LHR do you have access to the AA Admirals lounge?
Old Jul 28, 2014, 10:57 am

Programs: BAEC
I connected at DFW two years ago. The BA lounge is part of a string of different neighboring lounges. The lounge was independently operated and seemed to lack a BA staff presence. It was very small and crowded. I don't remember what the food was like.

Meanwhile I found the nearby Admirals Club to be very spacious, and it had a nice selection of beers and wines. They were also generous with the premium alcohol vouchers at the time.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 10:58 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by davidrr16
If flying on BA in Club from DFW-LHR do you have access to the AA Admirals lounge?
I was admitted to the AA lounge flying this route in Club, and this was before I was BA silver.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 12:13 pm

Programs: Executive Club (Gold), Marriot Bonvoy (Gold)
I'm doing the same flight the week after next and will head to the Admirals Club - it's not amazing by any means, but the BA lounge is a) very small and b) gets very crowded.

The only thing you'll miss in the Admirals Club is a food offering apart from peanuts - any other food is a paid option there. Both lounges have showers (or access to them), but in my opinion the AC beats the BA lounge just for space and a bit more peace and quiet...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.