Search

Lounge Access Query

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2014, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF, KLM, BA
Lounge Access Query

Hi, all.

I'm contemplating a trip from BNE to ABZ next year. I did the trip last year solo, but next year it would be with my mum who is in her 70's. I'm contemplating travelling CW on BA.

This would involve either travelling business class on QF codeshare to SIN or HKG and then BA metal to LHR, or flying QF domestic to SYD and then BA16 to LHR.

If I book via SYD would a BA codeshare in business still get domestic business lounge access in BNE before flying to SYD?
Old Jul 19, 2014, 8:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold
the OneWord lounge rules suggest so:

oneworld lounge access for First Class or Business Class customers
Indulge yourself before departure in a wider range of airport lounges when you fly First Class or Business Class with any oneworld member airline.
Customers flying First or Business Class have access to the equivalent class of lounge regardless of their frequent flyer status. First Class passengers may use a Business Class or frequent flyer lounge if a First Class lounge is not available.
First Class passengers may invite one guest to join them in the lounge. The guest must also be travelling on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld airline.
Connecting between oneworld marketed and operated flights:
First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa).
Lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.
You must be prepared to show your boarding pass or itinerary showing travel in First or Business class on the international long haul flight, in order to access the lounge before your international short haul or domestic flight
Old Jul 19, 2014, 9:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
If she's connecting she should indeed have lounge access, though I'm not sure wether it will be business class lounge or Qantas club.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 5:59 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by weegraeme

If I book via SYD would a BA codeshare in business still get domestic business lounge access in BNE before flying to SYD?
QF domestic business lounge is accessible if you are booked in Business, i.e. BA codeshare on QF metal for a domestic flight would still in business.

If you book the QF domestic leg separately in Y, I am not sure if you can get into Domestic Business lounge though, unless you are OWE in which case you can definitely get into the Domestic Business lounge.

But BNE domestic lounge (or BNE international lounge for that matter) isn't particularly fancy or interesting. Don't go out of your way to spend time there. It's not just a jaded view of a frequent flyer, it's pretty genuinely boring.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 8:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF, KLM, BA
Originally Posted by GadgetGal
the OneWord lounge rules suggest so:
Thanks, GadgetGal. I'm only a lowly QF Bronze, so I hadn't even thought of OneWorld rules.

Originally Posted by themapelligroup
If she's connecting she should indeed have lounge access, though I'm not sure wether it will be business class lounge or Qantas club.
Thanks, themapelligroup.

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
QF domestic business lounge is accessible if you are booked in Business, i.e. BA codeshare on QF metal for a domestic flight would still in business.

If you book the QF domestic leg separately in Y, I am not sure if you can get into Domestic Business lounge though, unless you are OWE in which case you can definitely get into the Domestic Business lounge.

But BNE domestic lounge (or BNE international lounge for that matter) isn't particularly fancy or interesting. Don't go out of your way to spend time there. It's not just a jaded view of a frequent flyer, it's pretty genuinely boring.
Thanks, LTN Phobila. If we were just flying BNE to SYD, I probably wouldn't worry with business as it's only a 1 hr flight. I'd just travel in Y and save the extra dollars. Qantas has a good domestic on time track record. But if I was going to book flights, I'd probably fly to SYD a day earlier. By the time you add in a hotel room and travel to / from the airport, the savings would be significantly reduced anyway, so it'll be QF business if we go that way.

Last year when I went over, I got upgraded to CW from SYD to SIN. That was my first time in SYD intl terminal and had no idea where the intl business lounge was, so I didn't get to try it. Is SYD intl business lounge better than BNE? It won't be the only deciding factor, but it'll have some bearing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.