Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Richard Quest - BA1 versus...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2014, 3:11 am
Original Poster

Richard Quest - BA1 versus...

As a long time lurker and BA crew member, I thought I'd finally get involved and join the conversation.

Regardless of how you feel about Mr Quest, I saw this interesting analysis of the main business class competition on the LON-NYC route, including CWLCY:

http://edition.cnn.com/video/data/2....iref=allsearch

The postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent British Airways’ positions, strategies or opinions
Old Jul 18, 2014, 3:48 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Welcome to Flyertalk! Interesting video. Bit gimmicky jumping across TATL in the opening segment - I hope he had lots of clean white shirts!
Old Jul 18, 2014, 4:04 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome Flystar

Welcome Flystar to Flyertalk, and welcome to the British Airways forum in particular. I'm always impressed when crew spend their spare time contributing here, it's a tribute to your dedication that you carry your professionalism this far. But it's great to see you, and I hope you'll feel as welcome as the rest of our virtual crew (probably the only staffing rota that's increasing in number!).
Old Jul 18, 2014, 4:19 am

Programs: BAEC , M&M , VIRGIN FC , FLYING BLUE
very interesting despite how I feel about Richard quest
Old Jul 18, 2014, 4:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
It's great to see another BA crew member coming on board ^
Old Jul 18, 2014, 4:49 am
uk1
Suspended

OT'ish ...... as an aside .... Quest bases himself in the IC when in Singapore and he was chatting to my wife a few months ago in the Club Lounge and as usual CNN was on the TV. It was quite odd to have him on the screen and chatting to her.

She (a comparitive midget) said to him when she noticed the screen - "you are so much taller in real life" and he said to her - "and you are so much shorter".

He was there for an extended stay, always working in the lounge and always enjoying a chat and holding the door open for her. He seemed to us to be a perfect gent.

Old Jul 18, 2014, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Welcome onboard Flystar.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 7:41 am

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by jacobitetraveller
very interesting despite how I feel about Richard quest
welcome and i agree too.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 8:20 am

Programs: OneWorld, Star Alliance, SkyTeam, AMEX
Originally Posted by mkjr
welcome and i agree too.
What's exactly wrong with Richard? Do you know him personally? Has he done you harm?
Old Jul 18, 2014, 8:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by uk1
OT'ish ...... as an aside .... Quest bases himself in the IC when in Singapore and he was chatting to my wife a few months ago in the Club Lounge and as usual CNN was on the TV. It was quite odd to have him on the screen and chatting to her.

She (a comparitive midget) said to him when she noticed the screen - "you are so much taller in real life" and he said to her - "and you are so much shorter".

He was there for an extended stay, always working in the lounge and always enjoying a chat and holding the door open for her. He seemed to us to be a perfect gent.

She doesn't look that short to me in the food pictures.

Nice story....I actually like RQ.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 9:03 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by HIDDY
She doesn't look that short to me in the food pictures.

Nice story....I actually like RQ.
I have never cooked my wife. Yet.

There could be a whole thread .....

The daftest aside is the IC Vienna lounge. We always seem to end up there in the middle of OPEC. Or perhaps thay always go when they know we are going.

So after the meeting they all converge into the IC lounge for lots of drink and merriment, nibbles and banter and all the people on the CNN screens being interviewed are all the people around you. Very odd.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by uk1

"Hello, Mr. President! You look much smaller on television!"
--Chauncey Gardner in "Being There"
Old Jul 18, 2014, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Enjoyed the video reports. I like RQ, too.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 9:36 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by ysolde
Enjoyed the video reports. I like RQ, too.
I didn't like him before he held the door open for my wife and smiled. She gets so few smiles these days. And no one opens the doors apart from me, and I evidently don't count. It is only his voice I object to. It sounds like someone has swallowed sandpaper. But this doesn't make him a bad person. If that is he continues to be nice to my wife. Otherwise he is on his own.

Old Jul 18, 2014, 9:38 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Thanks for the link Flystar. To my mind it emphasizes the unique selling point that BA have with CWLCY.
That new united lounge looks good.

Mr Quest has a certain inimitable style, and I must confess to being a rather large fan!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.