Wiki Posts
Search

pretzels in lieu of nuts....

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2014, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Accor Silver, HHonours Silver, Carlson Gold, BA Blue
pretzels in lieu of nuts....

Flew back from ANU in CW last week and was offered pretzels instead of the usual nut selection with 1st drinks round.

Is this an 'enhancement' or merely an ad-hoc substitution?
Old Jul 12, 2014, 10:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
They might be a better choice on an aircraft tbh due to the amount of nut allergies / perceived nut allergies around.
cs
Old Jul 12, 2014, 10:29 am

Programs: BAEC , M&M , VIRGIN FC , FLYING BLUE
well I don't like nuts so would be delighted with pretzels
Old Jul 12, 2014, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cornishsimon
They might be a better choice on an aircraft tbh due to the amount of nut allergies / perceived nut allergies around.
cs
good point, although after tasting them I think Ive developed an aversion to 'sour cream and chive' flavourings
Old Jul 12, 2014, 10:30 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata, Turkish Elite... oh yeah, and of course: Starbucks Gold :P
I might not hope so... i love the nuts!
Old Jul 12, 2014, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Although they may have been made aware that someone on the aircraft had a severe nut allergy? In that case it's fine.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 10:42 am

Don't panic, it's not an "enhancement". It just means that there wasn't enough nuts loaded exLGW for the return flight and they used the WT+ pretzels instead.

No Avios redeemable
Old Jul 12, 2014, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Ha I wasn't going to go for the 'how many avios do I deserve?' I just missed picking bits of macadamias out of my molars for 7 hours
Old Jul 12, 2014, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by flipper118
Although they may have been made aware that someone on the aircraft had a severe nut allergy? In that case it's fine.
We don't make concessions for pax with nut allergies. We don't provide nut free meals and we don't make announcements to ask people to refrain from eating nuts. The reason for this is that there will be nut particles everywhere on that aircraft from previous flights so it wouldn't make a difference. Also, I reckon we might be opening ourselves up for legal trouble. It's not that we're not sympathetic, we just can't guarantee the environment being nut free.

We don't serve peanuts on any flights to/from LGW and probably most flights to/from LHR.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yesitsme
We don't make concessions for pax with nut allergies. We don't provide nut free meals and we don't make announcements to ask people to refrain from eating nuts. The reason for this is that there will be nut particles everywhere on that aircraft from previous flights so it wouldn't make a difference. Also, I reckon we might be opening ourselves up for legal trouble. It's not that we're not sympathetic, we just can't guarantee the environment being nut free.

We don't serve peanuts on any flights to/from LGW and probably most flights to/from LHR.
Is this true? Out of the 20+ CW flights I've taken to and fro LON over the past 6 months this is the 1st time I haven't been offered a 'nut bag' with 1st beverage.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 11:44 am

We serve nuts, but not peanuts. Most often we have cashews, macadamias and almonds etc.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Yesitsme
We serve nuts, but not peanuts. Most often we have cashews, macadamias and almonds etc.
Indeed, unlike peanuts, the almond and cashews used in the J bags do not tend to be very volatile (and allergies are not nearly as frequent as to peanuts anyway) so I would be surprised if it were the case.

Don't rub it in re-macadamia, how I miss the time when they were serve in J! But now it's only F sadly...
Old Jul 12, 2014, 12:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Goodness me, it's nuts or prezels, and for the price you pay does it matter/ if you can afford the ticket for goodness sake go to a local supermarket at your point of departure and get what you want..nuts or prezels they are likely to be unhealthy , in a packet and not worth more than 49p!!
Old Jul 12, 2014, 12:28 pm

Programs: BA silver
Oh good- I get the pretzels then on Friday Nivsy- it is an important discussion
Old Jul 12, 2014, 12:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
am speechless Fiona!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.