Search

LHR T3 Lounge hopping.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2014, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, EY Gold.
LHR T3 Lounge hopping.

Hi all,

BA Gold/OW Emerald and first time flying BA out of T3. Whilst it's probably not as nice as T5 at least for once I will get to try out a couple other OneWorld airlines lounges instead of the sole BA facilities in T5 which have become par for the course.

So my options in T3 will be the BA First lounge there. The CX First lounge. And the AA Flagship lounge.

Does anyone have any experience of the CX/AA facilities - and whether they are definitely worth a visit (or a miss). Also, how does the BA T3 F lounge compare to it's T5 location?

Thanks in advance.

DD
Old Jul 10, 2014, 7:37 am
Old Jul 10, 2014, 7:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
I would definitely visit the CX Flounge - it's nice and quiet (if you manage to miss the CX flight times) with some decent food (especially the noodles) and bubbles.

I can take or leave AA to be honest.

BA Flounge is also definitely worth a visit. It's quieter than its T5 counterpart. You can always get a seat. Same menu so no difference there. Same selection of drinks (probably better than CX Flounge).
Old Jul 10, 2014, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Dan-Dan Noodles at CX First (and the quieter atmosphers) make that visit worthwhile.

Visiting AA Flagship will make you realize that, on reflection, Galleries (Club or First) are not that bad after all
Old Jul 10, 2014, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
I've tried them all and I think the BA flounge is the best. The CX ones are nice in their own way too.

If all you're doing is working then you might like the AA lounges. In my experience (2 visits) the WiFi has been superb, the rest of this lounge (both Admirals and Flagship) is extremely underwhelming. The AA lounges are closest to the BA gates and the CX lounge the furthest but it's a matter of a few minutes at the most.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 10:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
CX first is a lovely place with dining tables and a great selection of curries and noodles all tasting great. Nice bubbles too.

BA F Lounge in T3 is spacious and well stocked.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 10:30 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I think the point not fully answered already is the comparison to T5 Flounge. The big difference is nothing. Or rather, it's the same core service, but no one in there. It is not unusual to be the only user, and I've rarely seen more than a dozen other users. This means that you may need to ask for some item to be cooked for you, which they will willing do and in a way better than something left for hours on a hot buffet.

If you had less than 90 minutes in the lounge, then I'd stick with BA. If you had a massive noodle craving that may suggest trying out CX, but just ahead of the CX flights their First lounge can get slightly crowded.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 11:24 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
LHR T3 Lounge hopping.

T3 F lounge tops the T5 offering. Quiet, civilised, cool. Not too many people stretching their bare feet over sofas. I usually divide my tine babe tween there and CX F, primarily for the wonton noodle soup. I'm always looking for an excuse to go to HEL or VIE!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.