Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Please vote for the dates that best suit you (multiple selections possible)
Saturday, 4 October
41.30%
Saturday, 11 October
34.78%
Saturday, 25 October
67.39%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jul 6, 2014, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Yahillwe

Date now confirmed: Oct 25,2014

Activities: (please add your name to the appropriate suggestion here in the wiki or post in the thread and someone will update it for you).

Friday 24 October

Drinks/Tour of Cellar at the Four Seasons George V ("GV") Start 18:00 Ends: 18:45 Limited to 8 people max.

Attendees: 9 Cellar Tour Places remaining: 0 No further places left, sorry!

B7e7US
GadgetGal
IAMORGAN???????????
Oenophilist
pommyboi+1
Yahillwe (drinks only)

Dinner at Spring. (following after GV session) No attendance limit.

Saturday 25 October

Walking Tours of Paris: (Story of Paris told through a walking tour of its bridges)

The many bridges at the heart of Paris span the centuries and tell a vivid tale of the city from its origins to the present day. Using them as an Arianne’s thread to meander along the Seine, we will be looking with Dr.Kelly Spearman at the bridges both as they are now and as they were at the time of the Roman-Celtic Lutecia, reading from them an account of the growth of France's capital.
Each bridge’s past is woven with a multitude of social realities, historical anecdotes, people’s customs, tales and traditions, and is inexorably linked to the highlights of architecture such as the Palais de la Cité, the Conciergerie, and Notre Dame, as well as being directly associated with great urban creations such as the Place Dauphine.
The political and cultural legacy of landmark bridges such as the Pont Neuf, the Petit Pont or the Pont au Double, will become clear to us, as will the tales of many other stone jewels over troubled waters, which still every now and then yield up evocative objects recovered from the mud of the Seine.

Morning Tour, Start 10:30 Ends 13:00 Cost: 12.50 Euro/person Limited to 20 people max.
Meet At: Pont des Arts on the Left Bank end, opposite the Institut de France.
If using the Métro, nearest stations: Louvre/Rivoli or Odéon.
Note: Comfortable walking shoes, a small bottle of water and some inclement weather gear are recommended.

(Lunch: Participants might like to envisage lunch near to where we will be ending our tour, along the Seine at the restaurant “La Tournebičvre” (65, Quai de la Tournelle 75005) facing the south side of Notre Dame with its beautiful stained glass windows. Excellent service, wonderful food and the set menu prices remarkably reasonable!)

Attendees: 6 Places left: 14

pommyboi+1
Yahillwe

Afternoon Tour, Start 15:00 Ends 17:30 Cost: 12.50 Euro/person Limited to 20 people max.
See above for meeting point and additional comments

Attendees: 16 Places left: 4

B7e7US
BotB
Mrs. BotB
FlyingB1975
IAMORGAN
KARFA
LondonAndy
London_traveller
mario
matthandy
Moomba
onobond
papabear
Mrs. papabear

The Main DO Events

Pre-Dinner Champagne and Wine Reception
19:00 to 20:30
Les Caves Legrand Filles et Fils, Galerie Vivienne
15 Euros per person cash
Entrance for Galerie Vivienne at 4 Rue des Petits Champs, 75002 Paris, France
http://www.caves-legrand.com/en/

Evening Meal

TP3
by BA_pics, on Flickr

[B]Attendees: 27URGENTLY REQUIRES CONFIRMATION PLEASE!

B7e7US
BotB
Mrs. BotB
cedricgerald + 2
FlyingB1975
GadgetGal
IAMORGAN
KARFA
LondonAndy
London_traveller
mario
matthandy
Moomba
Oenophilist
onobond
papabear
Mrs. papabear
pommyboi+1
rxfleming + 1 (Nadia)
TravellerFrequently+1
visualAd +1
Yahillwe

Flights:

See this post for the Party Planes, Trains and Lounges Guide

Please post your details in the wiki or the thread or PM BotB if you wish to be included...

Hotels:

Chain Hotels:

Accor:

Mercure Paris Opera Garnier
LondonAndy (12.6% Topcashback rebate, net cost just over Ł100! About 1.0km from KARFA's and the BotB's hotels)

Sofitel Paris le Faubourg
BotB / Mrs. BotB

Hyatt:

Hyatt Paris Madeleine
LondonElite

IHG:

IC Avenue Marceau
IAMORGAN (BOGOF)

SPG:

Le Méridien Etoile
onobond

paris-hotel-louvre
KARFA
Papabear
Mrs Papabear

Hotel Saint-Louis Saintonge
rxfleming + 1 (Nadia)

Hotel Crayon Rouge
GadgetGal

Others that are possible:

http://www.hotelcrayon.com/en/#//2, this hotel looked really cute and is in one of the nicest areas of Paris, full of young people. Away from the Latin area.

http://www.les-jardins-du-luxembourg.com/en/ is another recommendation from stimpy

An excellent FT link by nicolas75 to further info about Paris including hotels (last updated 2012). http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/franc...need-know.html
Print Wikipost

Paris DO - 25 October 2014

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2014, 1:55 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by LondonAndy
Train, TRAIN ().

Do you think this is TrainTalk?

Off to Rail UK Forums with you!
^ lol

We could always do the DO in a way that a day trip is possible and then another version that involves hotels.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 2:24 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Yahillwe
Too bad.

have no idea when I will be traveling next, I know that I will be going to Greece the end of the month. BUT you could always come and visit me here.
What a splendid idea. My wife has been nagging me to take her to Paris for quite some time and this presents a perfect opportunity (excuse ) to do so - I'll PM you in a few weeks' time once I can find dates in my diary. ^^
Old Jul 6, 2014, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by PETER01
Yahillwe,

I'm glad you started this thread and just name a place where drinks/food can be consumed in a central (ish) location! That's all you have to do apart from choosing a date

I'd love to come to Paris but I can only do the

4th Oct
25th Oct

Would it be worth considering having a Paris Do nearer the end of October or beginning of November so there is a bit of a break between the Bristol Do and your one?

Pete

Then how about you post the suggestion on the WiKi, and we'll see how many can come.

I would like to take over a resto, if we have enough people coming I can try and find a place.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
What a splendid idea. My wife has been nagging me to take her to Paris for quite some time and this presents a perfect opportunity (excuse ) to do so - I'll PM you in a few weeks' time once I can find dates in my diary. ^^
Great news, let me know.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 2:54 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Mrs BotB and I would love to attend a Paris DO in Oct please, we'll come as long as you don't choose 21-23 Oct. (I have to be at a conference somewhere else then).

Looking forward to it already. ^
Old Jul 6, 2014, 2:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold
September is a very busy time for me, any weekend in October works right now ^
Old Jul 6, 2014, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BotB
Mrs BotB and I would love to attend a Paris DO in Oct please, we'll come as long as you don't choose 21-23 Oct. (I have to be at a conference somewhere else then).

Looking forward to it already. ^
Very glad you'll be coming. And don't wear that yellow jacket…… please.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GadgetGal
September is a very busy time for me, any weekend in October works right now ^
Great, finally am doing something about a Do. We need to let London_traveler know.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 12:47 pm

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Originally Posted by LondonAndy
Train, TRAIN ().

Do you think this is TrainTalk?

Off to Rail UK Forums with you!
You did see that picture of 737 fuselages on trains, right? Well, there were on on a train before they slid off into a river.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
If I'm in Europe, I'm there. Can't say until last minute etc. but I will do my best !
Old Jul 8, 2014, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

So glad that you might make it. A real FT legend.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Have I missed anyone?

So ladies and gents, would you like me to organize a dinner and drinks, or just drinks?

Other stuff I have no idea how to organize, but I can try to arrange for interesting museum tour, if anyone is up to it, or a walk around the city…

What would you like to do, help me out with suggestions, please.

And of course if it is dinner, then you'd like french food????
Old Jul 8, 2014, 5:40 am

Programs: BA gold
So ladies and gents, would you like me to organize a dinner and drinks, or just drinks?

Other stuff I have no idea how to organize, but I can try to arrange for interesting museum tour, if anyone is up to it, or a walk around the city…

If it is early October, it is possible I might be around... if so, I will go to the Do. So put me down as a "maybe" please but won't know until mid/late September if I can go.

French food sounds good Yahillwe. ^
Old Jul 8, 2014, 5:48 am

Have I missed anyone?

What would you like to do, help me out with suggestions, please.

Shopping,
Lunch
Shopping
Touristy visiting bit ( museum. Art gallery)
Shopping
Dinner
Bed
Old Jul 8, 2014, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sards
Shopping,
Lunch
Shopping
Touristy visiting bit ( museum. Art gallery)
Shopping
Dinner
Bed

Sounds like a perfect day to me, easily arranged.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.