Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

GCH "enhancement": denied priority boarding [at TLV]

GCH "enhancement": denied priority boarding [at TLV]

Old Jun 27, 2014, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1. People needing assistance
2. F and Gold
3. J and Silver
4. General Boarding by rows

Bronze should NOT get any form of priority boarding.

Of course this will never happen due a combination of management unwillingness (doesn't directly add to the bottom line) and staff inertia (all status/premium pax deserve to be dragged down to the lowest common denominator).
Old Jun 27, 2014, 2:34 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by bjorns
I agree with the other posters that think prenium pax should have priority over status pax in non premium classes.

I find it quite anoying when there are only about a dozen pax in CE, but the priority boarding que is larger than the general boarding que.

I think BA have extended priority boarding to way to many people, so that prority boarding has become close to useless.
I have to say I agree. If it weren't for the overhead locker space I'd rather board as one of the last few to be honest, and I'd happily do so in F as there is rarely any hand luggage stowage space anyway, but for CE it doesn't work.

I think CE, F and CW should board before the status based priority queue - and I'd say this even if I were travelling in ET.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 2:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by bjorns
I agree with the other posters that think prenium pax should have priority over status pax in non premium classes.

I find it quite anoying when there are only about a dozen pax in CE, but the priority boarding que is larger than the general boarding que.

I think BA have extended priority boarding to way to many people, so that prority boarding has become close to useless.

bjorns
Does this mean that going forward GCH should not be eligible for F check in desks? What would happen if a F ticket holder would need to wait for a GCH flying Y?

BA just needs to be consistent.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 2:38 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Priority Boarding does not necessarily mean boarding first, just boarding with priority ahead of those without priority.

I don't think the OP was not given priority over non-status passengers in their cabin.

Originally Posted by SukiB
Despite how many of us here think priority boarding should be, and the pecking order etc, the policy is clear.
What is the policy?
Old Jun 27, 2014, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by 81romeo
Does this mean that going forward GCH should not be eligible for F check in desks? What would happen if a F ticket holder would need to wait for a GCH flying Y?

BA just needs to be consistent.
The one and only time I tried to use the F check-in desks at Heathrow, I was turned away. I showed my Gold card, but the gentleman was very insistent that I was not allowed to use them...

There were no other people waiting to check in when I arrived.

I never tried again!!
Old Jun 27, 2014, 2:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by nux
Priority Boarding does not necessarily mean boarding first, just boarding with priority ahead of those without priority.

I don't think the OP was not given priority over non-status passengers in their cabin.

What is the policy?
I was not given priority over non-status passengers. Why do you mention "in their cabin"? Is this included somewhere in BA Policies?
Old Jun 27, 2014, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was not given priority over non-status passengers. Why do you mention "in their cabin"? Is this included somewhere in BA Policies?
Meaning you were sent to the end of the queue and boarded as one of the last passengers?

If they invite oneworld status customers to board before the general call for boarding is made, then you would have received priority boarding - even if you were forced to cede priority to those travelling in a higher cabin class.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 2:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Silver, Marriot Silver
Scrap all priority boarding by class and status and lets line everyone up by the price people paid for their ticket.
I wonder how many discounted J's would then line up behind the WT+ folks.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alwaysTravelling
Scrap all priority boarding by class and status and lets line everyone up by the price people paid for their ticket.
I wonder how many discounted J's would then line up behind the WT+ folks.
That's a fantastic idea.

With so many of the American FFPs turning to revenue-based rewards (earning rates based not on mileage flown, but on the cash price paid), then having to line up in this order for boarding would be a further incentive for status-conscious pax to fork out more ^
Old Jun 27, 2014, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by V10
Ah yes, the nth Law of the BAEC FT Forum - the proposed level (cabin, status, tier points, avios) at which a defined benefit should be given is immediately below the level personally attributable to the proposer.
+1

You missed the...."and try to pass it off as an objective position by constructing an argument with a 1mm veneer".
Old Jun 27, 2014, 3:02 am

Programs: BA Silver
Boarding should be by the colour of the top you are wearing, ordered by the colours in the visible spectrum

I'd love to see if it encouraged more people to dress in red.

However, anyone who wears a colour not visible to the human eye gets priority boarding ahead of the above. Not sure if anyone would notice...
Old Jun 27, 2014, 3:07 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
whilst i agree with the OP that he (and i ) did not receive what is advertised.

It was clear when i flew out of TLV recently that there were 3 lines.
one for F / J
one for Status
one for the rest.

and staff announced this 3 or 4 times.

Also on short haul, adding bronze to priority boarding really has crippled it! IMO
Old Jun 27, 2014, 3:08 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I think GCHs being able to use F check-in should be scrapped. In fact at large airports like LHR T5 it might be a good idea to set aside one or two of the F check-in desks for GCHs.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 3:09 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by stewaran
whilst i agree with the OP that he (and i ) did not receive what is advertised.
What is the advertised benefit, other than the undefined "Priority Boarding"?
Old Jun 27, 2014, 3:15 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by nux
What is the advertised benefit, other than the undefined "Priority Boarding"?
The fast-track signs at the gates list eligible passengers. It makes no distinction of any priority within that. The default should therefore be that anyone eligible can use the lane.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.