Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA to sell OF on 744s as J [inc removing F from PHX, LAS & YVR]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA to sell OF on 744s as J [inc removing F from PHX, LAS & YVR]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2014, 5:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I just booked a J redemption LAS-LHR for next year in june, currently we are both silver and have selected 2a/k. However we will drop to bronze in feb of 2015 and was wondering if we will be kicked out of these seats at that time. As ours is a redemption i dont think we can remove FF info, and was wondering if anyone could check to see if they are booted out if they remove there status from the booking if in the forward section.

Thanks, i would rather have upper deck seats if we will loose these closer to departure.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 3:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Silver;Hertz Gold 5*;National Exec Elite;BA Bronze;AA-PLT
As a Phoenix resident now preparing for my Last First , a question occurred to me - what happens now to the FLounge in PHX? Does it truly now become a Gold Lounge?

Now that F will soon be gone, my GUF2s have become rather devalued (as a business traveler who flies J)...unless I route through LAX, which is no fun given the scrum that is TBT security...
Old Jul 15, 2014, 4:35 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by rockfan
As a Phoenix resident now preparing for my Last First , a question occurred to me - what happens now to the FLounge in PHX? Does it truly now become a Gold Lounge?

Now that F will soon be gone, my GUF2s have become rather devalued (as a business traveler who flies J)...unless I route through LAX, which is no fun given the scrum that is TBT security...
Are BA actually removing First? Could this just be an operational constraint and that when new aircraft come online, like the 787-9 with a smaller F cabin, they will begin to start selling it again...?
Old Jul 15, 2014, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by destere
Are BA actually removing First? Could this just be an operational constraint and that when new aircraft come online, like the 787-9 with a smaller F cabin, they will begin to start selling it again...?
I'm sure that's a possibility, but how many years will that take, before the last (nine? at last count) mid-J OF 744s are retired? I'd love to see the 789 into PHX, but not holding my breath
Old Jul 24, 2014, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by Roger
I had already found Front Cabin and moved our outbound revenue seats in CW to 2AK ...
Strange thing. I needed to check feeder flights as there was a timing change ... all of 10 minutes. I also saw that the LHR-CPT flight details were red, indicating a change. Our 2AK had changed to row 17.

However, I could have moved the request back to 2AK but preferred 2A/3A which is what we now have.

Oo er.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by mgl243
I also mentioned EU261 as this is a downgrade and therefore should be a refund of 75% of Avios spent. I was informed that as BA had given adequate notice none of this was applicable.
Utter rubbish. There is absolutely no suggestion anywhere in the regulation that whatever notice is given allows the airline not to offer the 75% for the downgrade. The compensation exoneration when informing passengers more than two weeks ahead of time strictly pertains with financial compensation in the case of cancellation. Maybe BA do not have a copy of EC261/2004 and one should send them the web link?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 6:09 pm
Suspended

I thought i'd mention here that as of the spring schedule 2015, the 86/87 YVR (summer only) rotation has F tickets. In fact, i've been seeing 5 F award seats available most days that i look. they disappear quite quickly though. the change of date seems to occur at 17h00 pacific time which is (IIRC) 01h00 british time.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 7:06 am

Programs: BA Silver
This worked out quite well for us. We had 2 241's to LAS. Not really the dates I wanted but had to grab what I could get. Called You First and was allowed to change the dates to whenever I wanted and re routed via LAX so that we could experience the 380 on the return.
Also mentioned the inconvenience and would BA like to do something for us. Received an email 4 days later offering 10k avios each as a good will gesture.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moneypooraviosrich
Also mentioned the inconvenience and would BA like to do something for us.
You mentioned it was inconvenient for the dates to be made as convenient as you wanted with the choice of aircraft you wanted?

Not cricket in my humble opinion.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by rockfan
BA no longer operate their own F and J lounges at PHX. BA now use the third party 'The Club at Phoenix' lounge, which is actually the old BA lounges. I'm not sure whether the separate F section is still operated.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 8:53 am

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by Jenzo
I just booked a J redemption LAS-LHR for next year in june, currently we are both silver and have selected 2a/k. However we will drop to bronze in feb of 2015 and was wondering if we will be kicked out of these seats at that time. As ours is a redemption i dont think we can remove FF info, and was wondering if anyone could check to see if they are booted out if they remove there status from the booking if in the forward section.

Thanks, i would rather have upper deck seats if we will loose these closer to departure.
When Mrs DMF and I were in this position, I had selected upper deck seats when I was Silver and was back to blue by the time of the flight (no bronze then) I did nothing to the booking at all once the dreaded drop had taken place and our seat selections stuck.
This was a few years ago now but from comments on the board this still seems to be the case, hope this helps

DMF

-----------------------------------------------------------

A scorpion in Sweden?
Old Jul 30, 2014, 2:04 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, UA Premier Platinum
On the issue of who gets to choose seats in the old F cabin, 1A and 1K still seem to be reserved for Golds. I managed to bag 1A for myself but it wouldn't let me select 1K for my OH. But 2A was acceptable.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 8:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Does anyone have a list of the 747s that still have Old First? Tried to have a look here but couldn't see a list.

Cheers
Old Jul 31, 2014, 8:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
http://ftdashboard.net/fleet/index.htm
You should be able to tell from there davidrr16
Old Jul 31, 2014, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by Genius1
BA no longer operate their own F and J lounges at PHX. BA now use the third party 'The Club at Phoenix' lounge, which is actually the old BA lounges. I'm not sure whether the separate F section is still operated.
When last I was there, just after the old BA lounges turned into "The Club", the F lounge was still separate from the J lounge, and given the physical layout they could not be readily combined into one space.

No doubt, I'll find out as things change/evolve in the future...was just engaging in idle speculation (as FTers are wont to do )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.