Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2014, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: US @ DEN
Please list any issues/queries here. Updated to post # 87 plus 129.

iOS

Problem :
-upgrade button doesn’t work. It delivers MMB section but no upgrade ability (says to use normal website)
-seat map doesn’t work (just shows random symbols, not sure if iOS or Android related)
-BEY is in the "Europe" category rather than Middle East
-FDH: an extra "f"
-passbook error fails to download boarding pass - details here.
-On the flight status pages, there is no way to refresh the flight status to view latest information - surely you should be able to swipe down to refresh?
-Wifi password page lists closed BA lounges - Nairobi, Istanbul, Mumbai.
- app doesn't seem to update booking details when a return flight is changed via TA after outbound flown, second time I've experienced it recently (resolved when I check-in for booking via ba.com, albeit with a big of a lag - 5 mins+)
- Unable to download terminal maps because hard-coded server name no longer exists
- Ability to download mobile BPs is tied to phone clock showing 24 hours before departure whereas on connections and same-day returns the BP can be available before this.
-Business UK status not showning fast track status.
- The app fails to redirect to AA correctly to change seats on a BA booking
- receiving between 13-15 notifications per OLCI on notifications screen for each flight (testing ios10).
- App shuts down audio playing on other apps when certain BA app pages are loaded, including award search.
- The iPad app does not show the current year's tier points once you retain GGL. A panel on the My Account page, that I assume shows progress to the next tier, simply says you have retained GGL.
- as guest, Wallet boarding pass does not show oneworld status

Query :
-will gate numbers and baggage carousel numbers for non UK airports be displayed?
-Does the timer that determines how soon after departure time the "your next flight" section is updated work? And does this adjust with delays to the flight?
-where did the airport maps go?
-no pictures on the new destinations

Feature Request :
-Facility to add membership card to Wallet
-Booking of awards within the app
-GUI menu button move to left hand side
-synch across devices so if checked in on PC then ability to directly get BP
-gate number displayed on BP
-display booking class in MMB section under further details. (currently this only works using the upgrade button and then clicking on the flight segment in question)
-consistent UI (some sections are new and some revert to mobile site GUI)
-swipe to go back one step as per Apple standards
-change style to tabs instead of home screen and hamburger system
-weather shown should be for date of arrival (if less than 2 weeks away)
-HHA missing info (household account)
-resize add a booking on my bookings screen (too much real estate)
-contact us shows general contact info and not status specific info. (Gold line example)
-opton to turn off the return fares from London bit on bottom of home screen
-A hopeless request, but can it not be made to work with iOS6?
- For those of us who use both iOS and Android, minor request but can we have 'My account' list Avios and TPs in the same order (Android shows TPs then Avios, iOS shows Avios then TPs)
- Similarly can the menu be consistently either top left or top right on both (top right IMHO)
- Can it show LT TPs (at the very least in Full account details, if not on the main page with current Avios/TPs)
- Can it show GGL status on boarding passes please - if ba.com does, so should the app
- Add functionality to allow tracking of your bag (i.e. showing the last point of scan within the baggage tracing system) similar to that on the US Airways app.
- Add a CCR card display please.

Android

Problem :
-Flight Status, by Route & by Airport.
-The airport master data is loaded as :London, United Kingdom, LCY, City Airport
London, United Kingdom, LGW, Gatwick
London, United Kingdom, LHR, Heathrow
Which ever one you choose, it displays as "London, United..", so you can't tellwhich airport you've selected.
-upgrade button doesn’t work. It delivers sorry all available seats have been sold (incorrectly)
-changing seat button doesn’t work (may just be current BA.com issue related)
-seat map doesn’t work (just shows random symbols, not sure if iOS or Android related)
- Issues with reloading bookings after flight has been changed

Query :
-Android Widget no longer seems to exist. Is this intentional?
-version needed to upgrade app? (4.0.2 or earlier compatibility)?
-old boarding passes, are they still available? - yes, just go into previous bookings(EDIflyer)

Feature Request :
-Executive Club contact details (with the appropriate number for logged-in user's current tier)
-Booking of awards within the app
-add to calendar feature should allocate time according to flight duration not a fixed 1 hour
-smoother scrolling
-better contrast when Silver status and text at top of app window (white text)
- For those of us who use both iOS and Android, minor request but can we have 'My account' list Avios and TPs in the same order (Android shows TPs then Avios, iOS shows Avios then TPs)
- Similarly can the menu be consistently either top left or top right on both (top right IMHO)
- Can it show LT TPs (at the very least in Full account details, if not on the main page with current Avios/TPs)
- Can it show GGL status properly please - if ba.com does, so should the app

Print Wikipost

The British Airways iPhone & Android App

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2014, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by BA App Official
Hi all,

The latest version of the iPhone app (version 5.5.) is now available on the App Store.

We've added gate notifications for British Airways flights departing from London Heathrow Terminal 3 and Terminal 5.

Nick

Thanks Nick very fast I must say. Will come in handy for us BHD/DUB based folk that have been finally given membership to T5 ^
Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:41 am
Company Representative - British Airways
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chucko
Nick,

Any plans to update the app for the BB10 OS (I have version 1.0.12.0 of the app installed)? I still have the problem with it returning search queries for flight info as "flight not found", and it similarly won't update tracked flights.
Hi chucko,

There are no immediate plans for an update on the BlackBerry app.

Could you please send me a private message with BlackBerry model number you're using and I'll raise this as a bug.

Warm regards

Nick
Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Britsinvade
Does anyone with any connection to the app team know if functionality will be added to the app to add multiple future bookings to the app (for those of us who are based on partner OW programs).

I'm London based AA OW Emerald but use BA for all my european routes and have 3-4 flights booked on BA at any one time. However, I can only ever have 1 single booking saved in the app at one time. Would be great to add multiple reservations (as I now have to fish our booking codes from emails for my next flight just so I can use mobile boarding!)

App in general is great though - much nicer than some partner airlines... (IB)
Hi Britsinvade,

Thanks for your kind words about the app.

Unfortunately the ability to add multiple bookings without an Executive Club account isn't in our plans at the moment.

Warm regards

Nick
Old Oct 29, 2014, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by angatol
Will you be retaining feature parity between the versions? i.e. will this be coming to android too? It would also be nice if you would allow passbook retrieval for android as there are lots of apps that support it on android; it's not just an iphone feature.
Hi angatol,

Our aim is to maintain feature parity between iOS and Android. Though some features will go live on one before the other.

Passbook on Android isn't something we have planned at the moment.

Warm regards

Nick
Old Oct 29, 2014, 11:38 pm

Programs: BA bronze card, NHS Blood Donor silver card
Hi angatol,

Our aim is to maintain feature parity between iOS and Android. Though some features will go live on one before the other.

Passbook on Android isn't something we have planned at the moment.

Warm regards

Nick
Hi Nick,

I think I may have asked before somewhere several pages back on this thread - but could Google Now integration be on the cards as an Android equivalent to Passbook?

cheers!
Old Oct 30, 2014, 12:09 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
Hi all,

The latest version of the iPhone app (version 5.5.) is now available on the App Store.

We've added gate notifications for British Airways flights departing from London Heathrow Terminal 3 and Terminal 5.

To receive a gate notification, you must be logged into your British Airways account and have gate notifications turned on from the Settings screen.

Notifications can only be received when you have a data connection.

There may be times when notifications are delayed by network conditions, so please don’t rely solely on them. Please remember that it is your responsibility to get to the gate on time.

We beta tested this feature with the help of Flyertalkers. Thanks again to those of you who took part.

Warm regards

Nick
Nick

The welcome screen to the new version of the app says notifications are for T5 only (it doesn't reference T3, which you have recently added following the app trials).
Old Oct 30, 2014, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by chucko
Nick,

Any plans to update the app for the BB10 OS (I have version 1.0.12.0 of the app installed)? I still have the problem with it returning search queries for flight info as "flight not found", and it similarly won't update tracked flights.

Until I saw this I had no idea there was a BB10 version of the app. I just run the Android app on my BB10 phone and it works fine. I can't see the point of running what seems to be a bit of a flaky port. Try the Android app directly.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 9:09 pm

Hi all,

Our new Windows Phone app is now available on the Windows Phone Store.

The app has been fully redesigned and has the same core features as our iPhone and Android apps:

- Personalised home screen
- Check-in
- Download mobile boarding passes
- Book flights
- View your upcoming bookings
- Check flight status
- View your Avios and Tier Point balances.

The app is compatible with Windows Phone 8 and 8.1.

Warm regards

Nick
Just downloaded my first boarding pass on the new windows app.

Worked fine except that the 'bag drop opens', 'clear security by' and 'gate closes' are all reporting as '01/01'. Now ... I suspect if I clear security by the 1st of January for my flight tomorrow ... it might not go down well.

Departure is displayed correctly as 23:05 though.

It also doesn't have an operating airline on it ...
Old Nov 12, 2014, 2:10 am
Original Poster

Hi MPH1980,

We've published a new version of the Windows Phone app (version 2.4.0.1).

This latest version fixes the issue of bag drop, security and gate open times not being shown correctly on the boarding pass.

The app should be available in the Windows Store within a few hours.

Warm regards

Nick
Old Nov 12, 2014, 2:24 am

Hi MPH1980,

We've published a new version of the Windows Phone app (version 2.4.0.1).

This latest version fixes the issue of bag drop, security and gate open times not being shown correctly on the boarding pass.

The app should be available in the Windows Store within a few hours.

Warm regards

Nick
Thanks Nick - not flying for a week or two now - but I'll check it out next time I do.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
When are we getting the Spectrum app? Must still have more active users than Windows Phone. Please support the original 48k Spectrum as it fits into hand luggage better than the more recent +2/+3. Windows Phone users could then be supported via this app

On a serious note, I'm finding the notifications on the iOS app very helpful. I'm looking forward to future developments with the app and appreciate the fact you're getting FlyerTalkers involved in the beta process. It's in our interests that the app works well as ultimately it benefits us.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 4:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
On the presentation of IAG capital marked day it's shown on the slide about future improvement of passenger experience what seems to be a BA iPad app: are you developing it?
Old Nov 12, 2014, 4:31 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
From the design perspective, I am not a big fan of the "Menu" button being in the top right of the screen. Was that a decision made thinking that most people are right handed so that it would be more friendly there?

Also, may I ask when the app will be updated for the new iPhones?
Old Nov 12, 2014, 9:48 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Hi Nick

Re. the Android app - are any bugfixes due in the near future? It's just I had a major fail with it last week that necessitated (shock horror!!) me having to get a paper BP! (haven't had one of those in years )

Basically I had a flight on a Tuesday and one on a Thursday. Whenever I went into the app it would show the BA plane, then refresh to show the Thursday flight and then after about 20s refresh to show the Tuesday flight. It did this consistently whenever I went into the app, not just the first time I did so.

I checked in OK and received my mobile BP.

However when I then arrived at LHR and was queueing for the gates to enter security the app stubbornly refused to load the Tuesday flight - it kept just referring to the Tuesday one! The EE network was being particularly flaky at the time, but surely as the next flight I had & with the BP downloaded to the phone it should have shown up?

As I say I ended up haivng to go to a SSCI machine and print a paper BP but it'd be great if you were able to fix this bug.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Hi Nick

Re. the Android app - are any bugfixes due in the near future? It's just I had a major fail with it last week that necessitated (shock horror!!) me having to get a paper BP! (haven't had one of those in years )

Basically I had a flight on a Tuesday and one on a Thursday. Whenever I went into the app it would show the BA plane, then refresh to show the Thursday flight and then after about 20s refresh to show the Tuesday flight. It did this consistently whenever I went into the app, not just the first time I did so.

I checked in OK and received my mobile BP.

However when I then arrived at LHR and was queueing for the gates to enter security the app stubbornly refused to load the Tuesday flight - it kept just referring to the Tuesday one! The EE network was being particularly flaky at the time, but surely as the next flight I had & with the BP downloaded to the phone it should have shown up?

As I say I ended up haivng to go to a SSCI machine and print a paper BP but it'd be great if you were able to fix this bug.
Best bet is to take a screenshot as soon as you have the boarding pass and stick it in your pictures app. That means once you've got your boarding pass you no longer have to rely on the app not playing up. That said, I've never seen the bug you mentioned on either the Android or iOS versions of the app.

I do find iOS a more convenient platform for holding boarding passes. iOS passbook saves boarding passes (independent of the app so no need to take a screenshot), tickets, etc and will show them as appropriate and they're accessible with a single swipe from the lock screen. So at the airport my BA boarding pass and Heathrow Rewards card show up on the lock screen. At Paddington my HEX ticket (if purchased via the app) will show on the lock screen, etc. Passbook originally seemed like a pointless gimmick but it's actually quite useful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.