Wiki Posts
Search

TopCashBack adds new direct Avios option

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2014, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI
TopCashBack adds new direct Avios option

UK cashback site TopCashBack.co.uk has added a new conversion option allowing people to take their earned cashback as Avios points – into either the BA Executive Club or the Avios.com scheme.

Details have been announced in two blog posts on the TCB website:
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/blog/br...od-avios/view/
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/blog/an...ethodwow/view/

Cashback from other travel merchants is excluded, but non-travel cashback is fine.

There is a 5% conversion bonus, so you are effectively paying 0.95p per Avios point, so this not the cheapest route to ‘buy’ Avios points – but a welcome addition available on an ongoing basis.

NOTE: You should certainly buy your annual £50 at 0.4p per Avios point going via Tesco first:
http://www.ukpoints.com/2014/05/13/t...s-conversions/
Old May 13, 2014, 4:44 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
Great to have the new option, but is it still not better to convert to Tesco points then to Avios? Perhaps useful is so if you have already used your £50 limit

Maybe Raffles might want to do a piece on this?
Old May 13, 2014, 4:46 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Kip64
Great to have the new option, but is it still not better to convert to Tesco points then to Avios? Perhaps useful is so if you have already used your £50 limit

Maybe Raffles might want to do a piece on this?
There's not really a lot more to say. First £50 - do via Tesco, but this gives you an option if you need more and you'd be paying more than 0.95p via other routes. I'd not be converting via this route unless they were needed though.

I'm sure the regular blogs will cover this tomorrow though.
Old May 13, 2014, 4:49 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by David-A
NOTE: You should certainly buy your annual £50 at 0.4p per Avios point going via Tesco first:
Plus note that Hilton cashback is allowed above Tesco's £50 limit, and has to go to Tesco anyway.
Old May 13, 2014, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Plus note that Hilton cashback is allowed above Tesco's £50 limit, and has to go to Tesco anyway.
Indeed - and as I noted in the blog post that makes the current TCB Hilton cashback an effective phenomenal 13.86 Avios per £ spent.
Old May 13, 2014, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kip64
Great to have the new option, but is it still not better to convert to Tesco points then to Avios?
Indeed, I mentioned that at on bottom line of the post - that route allows you to buy at 0.4p each - although it is capped at £50.
Old May 13, 2014, 5:35 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, Miles and More Frequent Traveler, IHG Platinum
for me this new promotion is certainly not worth it
Old May 14, 2014, 1:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by theflyingstudent
for me this new promotion is certainly not worth it
Same here but I can see circumstances where it would be attractive - eg for those people looking to top off balances to reach a redemption level reasonably cheaply comapred to buying miles.

As well as the better conversion rate, the first £50 of cashback also has the increased flexibility of transferring to Clubcard which can then be used in umpteen different ways from there (not just Avios).
Old Aug 11, 2014, 6:04 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond
TCB has an exclusive offer this week with £3.03 cashback on all shorthaul flights. They normally only pay on longhaul so this is a handy little offer if you need to book European flights this week!
Old Aug 11, 2014, 6:13 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Chandler Bing
TCB has an exclusive offer this week with £3.03 cashback on all shorthaul flights. They normally only pay on longhaul so this is a handy little offer if you need to book European flights this week!
Just checked and mine says £3.15.

http://www.topcashback.co.uk/british_airways_holidays/
Old Aug 11, 2014, 6:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
Are you a premium member? I've only the basic account and it shows as £3.03 for me.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 6:23 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Chandler Bing
Are you a premium member? I've only the basic account and it shows as £3.03 for me.
Ah ha, yes it must be that.

Actually, I forgot my manners with my earlier post and what I should have also added is my thanks for spotting and posting it Chandler Bing ^
Old Aug 12, 2014, 1:43 am

Has anyone tried the BA cashback with Domestic flights only?
Old Aug 12, 2014, 10:10 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, Bronze
Indeed - and as I noted in the blog post that makes the current TCB Hilton cashback an effective phenomenal 13.86 Avios per £ spent.
Can you clarify this Hilton avio deal please? Am I missing a decent way of earning avios?
Old Aug 12, 2014, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by Furton
Can you clarify this Hilton avio deal please? Am I missing a decent way of earning avios?
Book Hilton via TCB and you'll get cashback in the form of Tesco points - which you can then convert to Avios which David-A calculated as 13 per £1 spent (though it will be less for US hotels).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.