Wiki Posts
Search

LHR T3 Lounge advice

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2014, 5:32 am
Original Poster

LHR T3 Lounge advice

Hi all,

I am off to Lisbon tomorrow, my first time from T3 since I made Gold. I'm hoping that means there are OW lounge options for me other than BA? I think I've seen a Cathay one mentioned in the past and maybe AA?
Does anyone have recommendations about the best lounge at T3? This will be purely leisure so I'm interested in having some lunch and a few glasses of bubbly!

Many thanks!
Old May 8, 2014, 5:52 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by bja200
Hi all,

I am off to Lisbon tomorrow, my first time from T3 since I made Gold. I'm hoping that means there are OW lounge options for me other than BA? I think I've seen a Cathay one mentioned in the past and maybe AA?
Does anyone have recommendations about the best lounge at T3? This will be purely leisure so I'm interested in having some lunch and a few glasses of bubbly!

Many thanks!
Feel free to run around them all, but overall most people prefer either the GF or the CX F lounge. They have different strong points so if time is limited I suggest sticking to those two, if you have lots of spare time then look around them all. The AA lounges are generally inferior to the others.
Old May 8, 2014, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Thankyou!

I'll focus on CX F and GF then.

How many other OW lounges are there?!
Old May 8, 2014, 6:38 am

Programs: BA Gold
Thankyou!

I'll focus on CX F and GF then.

How many other OW lounges are there?!
Only AA, BA & CX - both with separate J and F sections
Old May 8, 2014, 6:42 am

Programs: BA Silver, Thameslink Delay Repay
Leaving AA aside (fast WiFi though ) leaves you with a choice of BA and CX. And between those, to be honest, the difference is much less marked when it comes to the F lounges compared to the J lounges.
Old May 8, 2014, 6:46 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
For lunch, there's no point in going to AA, though they do some hot food in Flagship, it's not a patch on the CX and BA lounges. CX is best for noodles, but if there is a HKG flight going around that time it can get crowded. The best for alcohol, food range/variety, personal space, peace and quiet is going to be BA's Flounge.
Old May 8, 2014, 6:52 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
we were in GF last week for breakfast.

Absolutely wonderful - hardly anyone in there, lovely buffet - all food hot and fresh.

definitely recommend a while there.
Old May 8, 2014, 6:55 am
Original Poster

That's brilliant, thank you.

I'm pretty good at eating so maybe I'll nip into CX F for a noodle starter and then head to BA F for mains and dessert! And then settle there for the rest of the time.

Are the two lounges close?
Old May 8, 2014, 7:05 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
That's brilliant, thank you.

I'm pretty good at eating so maybe I'll nip into CX F for a noodle starter and then head to BA F for mains and dessert! And then settle there for the rest of the time.

Are the two lounges close?
Your plan is similar to my usual plan when time allows

They are not far apart, a few minutes walk at most. T3 has a fairly compact core of passenger services and lounges with long fingers for the gates. It is 10-15 minutes walk to the furthermost gates from the BA lounges.

Remember that while the buffet layout at T3 may look meagre compared to T5, much more is available on request. The staff to pax ratio is much more favourable in GF T3 than GF T5.
Old May 8, 2014, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flatlander
Your plan is similar to my usual plan when time allows

They are not far apart, a few minutes walk at most. T3 has a fairly compact core of passenger services and lounges with long fingers for the gates. It is 10-15 minutes walk to the furthermost gates from the BA lounges.

Remember that while the buffet layout at T3 may look meagre compared to T5, much more is available on request. The staff to pax ratio is much more favourable in GF T3 than GF T5.
Great!

What sort of things are available on request?! Is there a more extensive "To Order" menu than at T5?

Thanks again.
Old May 8, 2014, 7:20 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
What sort of things are available on request?! Is there a more extensive "To Order" menu than at T5?
It's the same as Flounge T5 but they won't populate the hot buffet if there are only a few customers, it would be a bad waste of food. Cold buffet is generally laid out. They will cook the rest of the buffet to order, however, in addition to the waiter order menu.
Old May 8, 2014, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It's the same as Flounge T5 but they won't populate the hot buffet if there are only a few customers, it would be a bad waste of food. Cold buffet is generally laid out. They will cook the rest of the buffet to order, however, in addition to the waiter order menu.
Thanks as always for the information and guidance. If anyone sees me rolling between the two lounges at T3 tomorrow ("just one more noodle......"), feel free to say hi!
Old May 8, 2014, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Also have a look at these recent threads:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ight=lounge+t3
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ld-lounge.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ght=t3+lounges
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...ghlight=lhr+t3
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ight=lounge+t3
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...champagne.html
Old May 8, 2014, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Thank you, I will study them tonight!
Old May 14, 2014, 10:09 am

Programs: BA Gold
Best lounge for a BA gold in LHR t3

I'm flying with CX tomorrow from T3.

Which lounges are recommended? I've been in the BA first lounge before, which I liked, and as far as I can tell, I can also use the CX and AA lounges as well?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.