Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Checkin agent changed my FF no. Anything I can do to get Avios

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2014, 2:28 pm
09R
Original Poster

Was at JFK (BA178) this morning and agent was adamant that my marco polo gold didn't entitled me the the extra suitcase that I had brought with me. After checking with her supervisor she said she'd "waver the excess charge this one time". After going through security I realised she had changed the FF no. to my CX one. I'd like to earn the Avios on my BA account. Didn't have time to go to the lounge to try a computer as boarding had already commenced and tried calling the executive club but there was a message saying they were experiencing extremely high call volumes and weren't taking any calls (any idea why they're so busy today?). Anyway I'm back in London now and the exec club has already closed. Is there any way I can get the miles on my BA account or is it too little too late?

Thanks!
Old Apr 24, 2014, 2:43 pm

Rightly so. Her signing code has waved a charge of certain amount and I certainly wouldn't want to be questioned by a manager month later about potential fraud when using my signing code. BA DCS is set up in a way that requires the card of which benefits you want to use to be in the booking.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 2:45 pm

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, TK Elite, Hyatt Platinum
I may be wrong but CX Gold is OneWorld Sapphire, which doesn't entitle you to an extra item of luggage on BA

I would imagine that once its been changed and you've taken the flight, the avios is credited to that account. You could try complaining to BA, either via the call center when it opens or the web form

edit: my mistake, it does grant an extra item on BA, sorry
Old Apr 24, 2014, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by stickyfingers85
I may be wrong but CX Gold is OneWorld Sapphire, which doesn't entitle you to an extra item of luggage on BA

[snip]

edit: my mistake, it does grant an extra item on BA, sorry
Maybe, maybe not. It entitles you to a two-item allowance, so if your allowance was one item you would get an extra item. Otherwise not.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 3:33 pm

Did you try to change the FF card number in your booking via e.g. the Finnair website after landing? It is not necessarily too late; at least, it worked for me once. Processing TPs and Avios takes a while...
Old Apr 24, 2014, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by jonnykanzen
Was at JFK (BA178) this morning and agent was adamant that my marco polo gold didn't entitled me the the extra suitcase that I had brought with me. After checking with her supervisor she said she'd "waver the excess charge this one time". After going through security I realised she had changed the FF no. to my CX one. I'd like to earn the Avios on my BA account. Didn't have time to go to the lounge to try a computer as boarding had already commenced and tried calling the executive club but there was a message saying they were experiencing extremely high call volumes and weren't taking any calls (any idea why they're so busy today?). Anyway I'm back in London now and the exec club has already closed. Is there any way I can get the miles on my BA account or is it too little too late?

Thanks!
The benefit is tied to your FF # so if you are looking for baggage allowances as part of your CX program then that's the number they use.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 4:03 pm
09R
Original Poster

I have done it many times at LHR without any problems. Likewise, I use the card for lounge access when travelling on BA and have never had the problem of having the points credited to the FF program of my choice. Will try the finnair trick now, thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.