Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

DME food service "enhancement"; no more hot meals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DME food service "enhancement"; no more hot meals

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2016, 3:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold
Recently I am flying this route regularly in Y and was surprised by the poor food offering like others did.

I gave therefor feedback regarding the food on this flight, to my surprise they called me back one day after to gather some more feedback and they would give my feedback to the right department.

Of course they said they couldn't promise anything but I was surprised by such a quick follow up. At least they try to show that they care about feedback. In this case my thumbs up for the customer service department!
Old May 12, 2016, 6:09 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
To be fair to BA,I can kind of understand their logic,DME catering prices are just outrageous (I know that from speaking to some airline's reps in DME),you would be surprised how many airlines cater for the return flight from their hubs. Even S7 (based at DME) only loads catering one way on their DME-LED flights (1:15 duration) and then loads catering at LED again,thereby extending their turnaround there. Sandwiches in Y and hot meal in J are offered on that flight,so galley space constrains are definately not an issue,it's just DME's prices being unreasonable.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 4:44 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
I'm going to DME in Y in a couple of weeks (out on 233, back on 232). Is it worth requesting a special meal? (i.e. if I don't, will the food offering not only be terribly small, but with no veggie option offered).
Old Sep 4, 2016, 11:09 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by nearlyheadlessian
I'm going to DME in Y in a couple of weeks (out on 233, back on 232). Is it worth requesting a special meal? (i.e. if I don't, will the food offering not only be terribly small, but with no veggie option offered).
There will be a veg option available within the normal offering, just let the crew know if you are sitting towards the back from where the service starts. I don't think the special meals on these round catered flights are particularily good.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 12:14 pm

Take your own supplies. BA catering is now an outrageous joke against the "full service" prices they charge on this and many routes.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 12:22 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
This might give you some idea...

Originally Posted by Ivanerr
As we were being bussed to a remote stand with G-VIIC waiting to take us to Moscow, I was dreaming about that nice steak, a fruit plate and all the other things one can enjoy for breakfast in WT.

No more than 1 hour in flight of a mere 4 hours, I realized that the cost-cutting department raided the plane the night before.

We were left with the diverse choice of a delightfully dry bun with some cheese and two thin slices of tomato or have nothing.

The tea with the intriguing taste of a paper cup was particularly good.

Take kaizenflying's advice!
Old Sep 5, 2016, 12:10 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
Marvellous - thanks folks. Fortunately not paid for this - spoils of a Lloyds 241 and a treat for my dad. But the last time I went to DME it was in F, so wanted to check what the deal was (albeit knowing that things have got bad according to this thread).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.