Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

DME food service "enhancement"; no more hot meals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DME food service "enhancement"; no more hot meals

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2014, 1:28 pm
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, ex-BD Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by chalf
I indicated in an earlier post that i recently had a flight LHR-DME on the A321
show in MMB as EuroTraveller, not WorldTraveller. The A321 is back to being WorldTraveller for my next booked travel.
I just did OLCI for the above-referenced booking on the A321, and the BP is printed as EuroTraveller. It would appear that BA has officially 'enhanced' the A321-operated services to ET, from WT. This makes for significant inconsistency of product on BA:
1 x 747: F,CW,WT+,WT
1 x 767: CW,WT+,WT
1 x A321: CW,ET

I was also looking at an itinerary DME-USA on BA, and contemplating the attractively-priced buy-up to WT+. However, the convenient timings all connect to the A321-operated services, which [you guessed it] means that for the price of WT+ I would get to sit in ET on the LHR-DME leg. If the price were adjusted appropriately I would not mind (I would want WT+ on the overnight transatlantic, and would be less concerned about LHR-DME), but there is no price differentiation.
Old May 26, 2014, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
You mean:
747 Old F, new CW, old WT+, old WT
747 New F, new CW, old WT+, old WT
767 Old CW, old CW, old WT+, old WT
767 as above but refurbished
321 'strange' CW, no WT+, ET cabin different than all other ET and WT seats

Good thing the 777 doesn't appear once in a while... Yet the shorthaul A321 and 767 do once in a while!
Old May 26, 2014, 4:33 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
We are forgetting the short haul 767 sub too.
Not sure why, but the 747 to DME is almost exclusively NF....
Old Jun 21, 2014, 4:01 pm

Programs: GGLfL
The A321 rotation to DME has me puzzled now.

On tonight's BA234, all the announcements referred to passengers in the Club Europe and Euro Traveller cabins.

No pre-departure drinks.

No newspapers.

No salad, just a tray with starter, main and dessert.

No amenity kits (unless asked).

140 TPs from yesterday's BA235, but all very Club Europe-style service. Has anyone told the crew this is supposed to be Club World?

(And whoever thought banoffee pie makes a nice dessert is seriously deranged).
Old Jun 23, 2014, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; Marriott Plat
I notice there is still a Saturday night requirement for discount fares on this "Euro Traveller" service as well.

Incidentally as a follow up to my original post, I have now started flying EZY on this route. Typically 1/4 of the price, which leaves plenty of ŁŁŁ for buying a hot meal, no Saturday night requirement, and I can just about put up with them for what is essentially just 3 hours in the air.

I would love to return to BA when they fix the mess they have created, but for now at least know what I am going to receive.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 1:41 am

Programs: GGLfL
This flight BA235/234 is incredibly unreliable. Monday's flight was an hour delayed (which is quite common), and today's flight is cancelled.

Are there a heap of A321s broken somewhere?

I thought there were currently more LH A321s than places to send them.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 3:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by Littlegirl
This is very strange as this is a Worldwide route now.

I am hoping that once these midhaul 321s have been containerised that they may be able to round cater like the 767s can. So fingers crossed as this is not a good product for our customers to be served on this flight.

I'm fairly certain that they have now all been finished, maybe 6-8 weeks ago the last one was modified at Gatters.

cs
Old Feb 7, 2015, 4:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, scotpoints
Any update to DME catering in 2015?

Does anybody know if there have been any improvements to the catering on the A321s to DME since last summer? Or is it still just a cold sandwich in ET/WT?

Hoping to fit in a redemption before the rules change, but not sure what class to go for. For the length of flight would be fairly happy at the back, but could go for CW. We could aim for the 747 flight back, but would have to get an A321 flight on the way out.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 5:20 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Answer here, post 1233

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...s-here-83.html
Old Feb 8, 2015, 4:40 am

Programs: BA-GGL, SU-G Agean, G,, Hhonours D, Starwood G, IHG G,
Originally Posted by alastair_actually
Does anybody know if there have been any improvements to the catering on the A321s to DME since last summer? Or is it still just a cold sandwich in ET/WT?

Hoping to fit in a redemption before the rules change, but not sure what class to go for. For the length of flight would be fairly happy at the back, but could go for CW. We could aim for the 747 flight back, but would have to get an A321 flight on the way out.
It's still a stale sarnie in a plastic bag.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 4:37 pm

Programs: BAEC
Does the catering on this route differ between A321/777 or is it always a roll?

Also is it still being flown by MF?
Old Nov 16, 2015, 9:20 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by londonba2014
Does the catering on this route differ between A321/777 or is it always a roll?
It's been a while since I flew 321 on this route but if nothing has changed you get a sandwich on 321 and a roll on 777.

I'm flying 321 on Thursday and will post a picture of the sandwich.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; Marriott Plat
http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...orld-traveller

Wherever and whenever you fly World Traveller you can expect the same top quality food, drink and warm service by our attentive crew, but a few of the cabin design elements may vary by aircraft.
Under "Additional features" on the "Check your flight details" screen when making a LHR - DMR booking in Y:

Complimentary three course meal and drinks
Why are they still advertising a service they haven't provided for the last 18 months?
Old Nov 16, 2015, 11:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by londonba2014
Also is it still being flown by MF?
Yes, DME is a Mixed Fleet route.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 12:50 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by ajbrowc
http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...orld-traveller

Under "Additional features" on the "Check your flight details" screen when making a LHR - DMR booking in Y:

Why are they still advertising a service they haven't provided for the last 18 months?

That is what is so crazy! Could be classed as a form of false advertising.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.