Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Weekend day trip fares

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2014, 6:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
G Class fares still aplenty - heading to CDG with Mrs Our_Kid in a weeks time....
Old Sep 19, 2014, 8:47 am

Programs: BA GGL
I took a day trip to Madrid with some friends on Sunday for £87, so the fares are still available. We booked late Saturday night, during a drunken night out...
Old Oct 13, 2014, 5:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Priority Spire, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Are these fares still available?? I cant find the working thread on the BA Website anymore.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Dominic14
Are these fares still available?
The fares are still published, judging by their existence for both of the first two destinations I looked for (BCN then GVA, by random choice).

If you can't get them when you price the trip, it may be because no availability has been loaded in the relevant booking class (G class), which is another way in which BA can control whether or not you can buy these special fares.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 6:36 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Weekend day trip fares

Check out ATH - eg £120 for day trip on Saturday 29/11 - though only 5.5 hrs between flights.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 4:30 am

Programs: BAEC
I just booked a daytrip up to EDI for just before Xmas (I needed two more BA sectors for Silver). I also found the G class fares to BCN and GLA. They take a bit of hunting for though, and I guess the same advance booking restrictions are still there (only bookable ~3 weeks in advance).
Old Dec 1, 2014, 1:44 pm

Indeed. They still exist. Sometimes difficult to find, but usually available for he target destinations.

One night at 2am, I checked and a same day trip was still available.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by Globaliser
If you can't get them when you price the trip, it may be because no availability has been loaded in the relevant booking class (G class), which is another way in which BA can control whether or not you can buy these special fares.
What is G class?

Looking at flights to Madrid for this weekend - over 3 weeks out there seemed to be lots of availability (at £44 each way) but there after it has varied, some days no flights available at this price but on other days there were - currently Saturday looks good but Sunday does not.

Ended up booking to Nice - and supposedly getting one of the last 3 £44 seats on the return but this is still the fare, a few days later, so there does seem to be an element of checking and checking back, maybe on a couple of routes and days to get something you want.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 3:54 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by Leavinglondon
What is G class?

Looking at flights to Madrid for this weekend - over 3 weeks out there seemed to be lots of availability (at £44 each way) but there after it has varied, some days no flights available at this price but on other days there were - currently Saturday looks good but Sunday does not.

Ended up booking to Nice - and supposedly getting one of the last 3 £44 seats on the return but this is still the fare, a few days later, so there does seem to be an element of checking and checking back, maybe on a couple of routes and days to get something you want.
G is a discount economy fare bucket used for group/package bookings, and the fare bucket these fares book in to.

So when you say '3 seats remaining' it means that flight has G availability of 3. BA manages fare bucket availability, so it can change at any point even hours until the flight.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by Aus_Mal
Indeed. They still exist. Sometimes difficult to find, but usually available for he target destinations.
I found some £88 availability to Madrid in the Autumn - if it's of interest, I did a trip report post on the blog describing how we got on:

To Madrid For Lunch
Old Dec 14, 2014, 10:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by our_kid
G Class fares still aplenty - heading to CDG with Mrs Our_Kid in a weeks time....
what's G class?
Old Dec 14, 2014, 10:57 am

sorry - read above.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by continentalclub
I found some £88 availability to Madrid in the Autumn - if it's of interest, I did a trip report post on the blog describing how we got on:

To Madrid For Lunch
If Iberia is operated on a leg of this fare, do BA every offer POUG on it?
Old Dec 14, 2014, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dicksbits
I don't think so—it isn't BA's plane to fill up.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 2:21 pm
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
IB does offer online and airport discount upgrade offers, but they do not attract higher avios/TP's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.