HKG F Lounge in BA First

Old Sep 16, 2014, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by phol
I only went in the old one once so I don't remember the layout.

There are two entrances at either end. The main entrance is as you turn right directly after security. There is another entrance at the far end next to gate 16 that they declare closed from time to time, but they will let you in if there is someone manning the small desk there (90% of the time there is).
I only went in by chance on my last visit after ducking out of the KA lounge as it was very close to the departure gate. I must confess though I only went to the old BA/QF lounge once previously as I thought it was poor in comparison to the Wing.

I just don't like the ambience in the redone wing and from a more genuine restaurant type layout in the old Haven it has now morphed into something much more like a works canteen. Disturbingly (since this is CX) service seems on a par with the hit and miss service in the T5 CCR.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 8:25 am

Programs: Mucci des Epices Exotiques, BAEC Gold,EK Gold,SPG,Marriott,Club Carlson
When people talk of the "new cabanas" do you mean since the overhaul of the Haven in the last couple of months? I hope not, these were my favourite part of the lounge! I had to sit outside the Haven to eat last time I was there (in the main seating area which I think used to be J?) and presumed the Haven restaurant area was all they were touching...
Old Sep 16, 2014, 10:21 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Globaliser
However, my views may be coloured by the fact that after a visit to Hong Kong for the reasons that I go there, the thing I least want to do in either of the lounges is eat.
I can't let that comment go by without requesting more information! This weekend I was sound asleep in the Champagne area within 10 minutes of arriving at The Wing due to a 4am finish in Amazonia the night before Amazingly I didn't drop my glass...

Back on topic, I do remember an amazing meal with great service in The Wing a few years ago, and an amazing cabana. I haven't looked at the cabanas since the refit as I don't want to be disappointed.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by To Eat.To Drink
When people talk of the "new cabanas" do you mean since the overhaul of the Haven in the last couple of months? I hope not, these were my favourite part of the lounge! I had to sit outside the Haven to eat last time I was there (in the main seating area which I think used to be J?) and presumed the Haven restaurant area was all they were touching...
new cabanas with the 'day room' concept from a while ago (and where you get disorientated by a sea of black). Nothing has changed in the last few months.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 12:27 pm

Programs: Mucci des Epices Exotiques, BAEC Gold,EK Gold,SPG,Marriott,Club Carlson
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
new cabanas with the 'day room' concept from a while ago (and where you get disorientated by a sea of black). Nothing has changed in the last few months.
Thanks. The reflective black surfaces are weird; keep having to check you are not walking into a wall/mirror. Cabanas are great though, and I managed a little kip on the sofa last time, using towels and dressing gown as blankets...
Old Sep 22, 2014, 12:36 pm

How long before the flight can you check in when flying in F?
Old Sep 22, 2014, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Barnaby100
How long before the flight can you check in when flying in F?
ITCI let's you check in at any time from circa 05:00 IIRC
Old Sep 23, 2014, 4:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
You can only take in guests flying OW (as is also the case with the CCR). The only exception to this that I am aware of is that CX also serves
LX with their lounges.
Just seeking some clarification, OH and myself are flying back in First with in-laws in CW. Are we able to guest them both into The Wing First Class Section?

OH is Silver and I am Gold.

Ta

Lee
Old Sep 23, 2014, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LeeT
Just seeking some clarification, OH and myself are flying back in First with in-laws in CW. Are we able to guest them both into The Wing First Class Section?

OH is Silver and I am Gold.

Ta

Lee
You have guest rights as a First class passenger. Each F class pax is entitled to one guest. (as well as any guesting rights you may have with your gold card.)
Old Sep 23, 2014, 7:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond
HKG F Lounge in BA First

Is there a spa available in Hong Kong for first passengers? Flying BA back home in December.

Thanks
Old Sep 23, 2014, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by francismc
Is there a spa available in Hong Kong for first passengers? Flying BA back home in December.

Thanks
There are no spas as part of any lounge service offering.

The CX F lounge has cabanas - day rooms with huge tubs and both waterfall and rainfall showers. But that's about as good as it gets.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks
CX used to have a pay spa but abandoned it a while ago.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 3:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond
HKG F Lounge in BA First

Thanks for the quick replies
Old Sep 24, 2014, 8:11 am

Programs: BAEC foot soldier
Interestingly, we came off the turbojet cat from Macau into Hong Kong tonight and the and the chap manning the BA desk said they were using the QF lounge. As we are travelling in F we had a look but then went to the Wing where IMHO the general set up is much better. Good bar, decent service and a decent hot offering.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 8:50 am

Programs: CX (elite) and a few others (non-elite)
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
You have guest rights as a First class passenger. Each F class pax is entitled to one guest. (as well as any guesting rights you may have with your gold card.)
The class guesting privileges and status guesting privileges are not cumulative. You can use one or the other, but not both

Is there a spa available in Hong Kong for first passengers?
Yes, indeed - but not free, and not in any airline-operated lounge. There are various pay spas dotted through the airport.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.