Reload this Page >

A trip report to HNL - a lifetime dream and a Gold Card renewal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A trip report to HNL - a lifetime dream and a Gold Card renewal

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2014, 2:03 pm

Great pics. Did you do the heart of the Missouri tour? I thought it was well worth the extra $25pp to have a look inside the engine rooms and gun turrets etc. I also thought the USS Bowfin was really good too.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
I've now uploaded the plane and hotel photos from the second half of the trip - in posts two and three. I think I also managed to get the lava-across-the-road shot the right way round

Originally Posted by xenole
Your photos have pretty much covered everything so I can devote more time to flying

Do want to visit Pearl Harbor so just need to figure out how to get from Honolulu to Hawaii without wasting too much time in doing so.
Seeing an active volcano will be good.
Pearl Harbor is definitely worth a visit, and you can easily spend a whole day there. We did 3 / 4 main "attractions" (didn't do the submarine) and we left just as they were closing up.

Originally Posted by KARFA
Excellent photos LondonAndy. Did you walk around to the north side of The White House? You can get a lot closer on the north side.
Yes, we did. The Sofitel is just round the corner from the North side of the White House so we had to wander back that way.

Originally Posted by Lan44
Great pics. Did you do the heart of the Missouri tour? I thought it was well worth the extra $25pp to have a look inside the engine rooms and gun turrets etc. I also thought the USS Bowfin was really good too.
We just ran out of time. My father was a chief engineer on a ship, so would have liked to do the tour, but we just about managed to fit in the Arizona, Missouri and Aviation museum in the day - too much to see, too little time!
Old Aug 9, 2014, 1:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ExpatExp
Fascinating! Where was this?
In Volcano National Park as part of the Crater Rim Drive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.