Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EDI on the TV (BBC Documentry)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2014, 11:15 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by gw76
Given it was recorded a good while ago, Im guessing the "real" American chose not to start any routes.
Quite possible - although the US-AA merger was first announce in Feb last year (I'm guessing this was filmed last Spring/Summer?) and the US route was announced in Nov so I don't know how much forward planning there was between AA/US over routes. Mind you given the way the interviewer was going on to the AA guys about their pronunciation I wouldn't blame them for saying no!
Old Apr 18, 2014, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by andset1191
........ I found the regional accent narration painful.
I'm glad I wasn't the only one.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 1:05 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Bump

The second and final part is on at 9 p.m.

Tonight there is a full scale emergency and the opening of the new BA Lounge.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 1:15 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by PETER01
The second and final part is on at 9 p.m.

Tonight there is a full scale emergency and the opening of the new BA Lounge.
I thought from the preview last week the most exciting thing happening this week was a new shop opening in the duty free. Truly riveting stuff.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 1:26 pm

Last weeks show was awful. The accents were really driving me round the bend.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 1:46 pm

Programs: Gold, Some red card and some hotel cards.
And they will never be "the Worlds Best airport" like they want to be if the keep charging people Ł1 to just drop someone off....
Old Apr 24, 2014, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by SonTech
And they will never be "the Worlds Best airport" like they want to be if the keep charging people Ł1 to just drop someone off....
They must make a fortune from that. It's a constant flow of traffic.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by Lan44
The accents were really driving me round the bend.
Accent? - What accent?
Old Apr 24, 2014, 3:46 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Originally Posted by Lan44
Last weeks show was awful. The accents were really driving me round the bend.

Erm! Some of us live in Edinburgh! And talk like that!

Old Apr 24, 2014, 3:55 pm

Programs: BAEC , M&M , VIRGIN FC , FLYING BLUE
i just don't get this thing about the accent

from what i could hear there were many accents from working class Edinburgh through to Australian

please don't criticize people because of the way they speak

i seem to be in the minority here in thinking that the programme was not brilliant but not as bad as many here seem to portray it

it was a huge PR exercise for Edinburgh airport and as far as i am concerned it did the job it was meant to do
Old Apr 24, 2014, 4:16 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by jacobitetraveller

from what i could hear there were many accents from working class Edinburgh through to Australian

i seem to be in the minority here in thinking that the programme was not brilliant but not as bad as many here seem to portray it

it was a huge PR exercise for Edinburgh airport and as far as i am concerned it did the job it was meant to do
Exactly. It was fine. At the end of the day this is a regional television documentary about an important piece of local infrastructure made with the full support of its owners. It was never going to be revelatory. It was however, reasonably interesting (the Jet2 737 being converted to take cargo being a highlight for me) and as a management nerd I appreciated the behind the scenes look at how things were actually run.
As for the accents. Well... maybe I'm blinkered by having grown up 20 miles from the airport but... they sounded like most people in that part of the world do. Honestly people in Scotland have put up with Sarf Landan accents for years without batting an eyelid. It's your turn now!
Old Apr 24, 2014, 4:30 pm

Programs: BA Silver

Such comments have given me a chuckle though I'm surprised there is such a blatant show of insularity on a forum frequented by people who are apparently well travelled.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 7:53 pm

Working class Edinburgh? That's called Glaswegian.

Interesting show. A wee bit different than when the sheep crossing the road made me late coming in from the Balerno side.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 12:04 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
I liked how the editing at the start made it seem like the 'emergency' was a madman in a fluorescent jacket on the loose with a shotgun.

I agree that the jet2 thing was interesting. Any FT'ers spot themselves at the BA lounge opening?
Old Apr 25, 2014, 12:27 am

Programs: BA Blue
Could have been worse and been from ABZ instead - here are some people going offshore, Management consider but decide against a second baggage carousel, not enough taxis out the front etc etc.

At least I might then have been on the telly chatting up the lovely ***** in the BA Lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.