Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No lounge at LAS.....?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2014, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, EI Gold Circle Prestige, Marriott Platinum.
No lounge at LAS.....?

Just checked in and am informed that there are no lounge facilities available to me. Flying First to DFW and then onto LHR. Not much fun to be had for the next couple of hours.... :-(
Old Apr 11, 2014, 11:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, VS Gold, IHG Plat, HH Gold.
Hmm,

I had the same prob on a *A F ticket IAD - ORD - ZRH. No access to ANY lounge at IAD - only at ORD according to UA.

Bizarre policy in the US where only frequent flyers have lounge access for domestic F even if connecting to International F.

JAT
Old Apr 11, 2014, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

There is a Club at LAS in Terminal D ( pay for entry) as well as the United Club ( if you have a Priority Pass you can get in )

Also if you have an American Express Centurion/Platinum card you can access the Centurion lounge. ( other Amex cards are allowed in for a fee)

Most US first class tickets do not come with a lounge access right ( generally for AA you need to be on a transcontinental flight)

Regards

TBS
Old Apr 11, 2014, 11:59 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BA5942
Just checked in and am informed that there are no lounge facilities available to me. Flying First to DFW and then onto LHR. Not much fun to be had for the next couple of hours.... :-(
I presume you are on AA so terminal 1 concourse D? In which case there is no AA lounge anyway. There is a priority pass lounge (The Club) located in behind Juice Express and Las Vegas Fruits & Nuts.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 12:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, VS Gold, IHG Plat, HH Gold.
Can you get in The Club lounge with a BA Silver card - or in other words, which lounge do the BA flights use?

JAT

Last edited by JAT74L; Apr 11, 2014 at 12:31 pm
Old Apr 11, 2014, 12:43 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
They use The Club. Horrible little lounge, size of a shoe box, crowded, and with an even more sparse selection of refreshments then the usual domestic lounge. Walked in, took a look, turned around and left. Last 2 trips didnt even bother going in, had a burger at Carls instead.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 1:28 pm

Programs: BAEC
The Club used by BA was ok for my flight last month.

Ok, so it's nowhere near Galleries standard and did get fairly full, but staff were attentive, the food selection was good and there was plenty of drink available.

Note that this is not the same The Club as the PP. Version in the other terminal(s).
Old Apr 11, 2014, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by JAT74L
Hmm,

I had the same prob on a *A F ticket IAD - ORD - ZRH. No access to ANY lounge at IAD - only at ORD according to UA.

Bizarre policy in the US where only frequent flyers have lounge access for domestic F even if connecting to International F.

JAT
AA does give access on domestic F when connecting to international J & F - if there is a lounge. The OP's issue is there is no AA lounge at LAS. If there was one, he would have access.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 1:48 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by bafan
... Note that this is not the same The Club as the PP. Version in the other terminal(s).
It is the same! In T3 The Club Lounge will accept PP at all times and oneworld cards for those flying on the BA flights (which depart from T3).

AA flights depart from T1 so no oneworld privelidges at The Lounge in T1, you can pay $50 at the door or use PP, Lounge Pass or Lounge Angel.

The Amex Centurion Lounge is far superior and that has a $50 fee for access to Amex cardholders (or complimentary for Amex issued Plats and above).
Old Apr 11, 2014, 1:49 pm

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
The Centurion lounge is by far the best there... if you have access...
Old Apr 11, 2014, 1:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by avm2806
Agreed. If you have access to it this would be the one to go for.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by avm2806
Flying back from Las Vegas with BA next Sunday, how easy is it to get to/from The Centurion Lounge from BA's gates?
Old Apr 11, 2014, 2:09 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by longpause
Flying back from Las Vegas with BA next Sunday, how easy is it to get to/from The Centurion Lounge from BA's gates?
It's a bit of a hassle. You'd need to check in at T3 and clear security to the E Gates. Go down to the transit and take the train to the D Gates where you will find the Centurion Lounge up the stairs near Gate D1. Allow about 15 minutes for the transit.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 2:19 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
It is the same! In T3 The Club Lounge will accept PP at all times and oneworld cards for those flying on the BA flights (which depart from T3).

AA flights depart from T1 so no oneworld privelidges at The Lounge in T1, you can pay $50 at the door or use PP, Lounge Pass or Lounge Angel.

The Amex Centurion Lounge is far superior and that has a $50 fee for access to Amex cardholders (or complimentary for Amex issued Plats and above).
If you're flying BA you can't get access to The Club in the other terminal - they only accept PP and Star Alliance
Old Apr 11, 2014, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, EI Gold Circle Prestige, Marriott Platinum.
Thanks to all for the replies..... Just confirmed what I understood to be the case, no lounge accepting One World status. I have no PP or anything else and didn't fancy forking out for the Club so just toughed it out with the great unwashed of LV ;-)

Sending this from 31,000ft, nice of *A to provide WiFi...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.