Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Concorde Room Access

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2014, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

BA Concorde Room Access

If I fly JFK-LHR in BA First, then connect to LHR-FRA on BA Club Europe, do I get Concorde room access?
Old Apr 4, 2014, 5:15 pm
eae
In memoriam

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/GfL
Originally Posted by yerffej201
If I fly JFK-LHR in BA First, then connect to LHR-FRA on BA Club Europe, do I get Concorde room access?
Yes, both at JFK and LHR.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 5:16 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

You will indeed. Hold on to your inbound boarding pass and present it at the reception along with your onward boarding pass.
Rudyroo likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 5:18 pm

Yes. Have a grand time.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 5:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
yes, on the assumption that you are connecting on the same day without a stopover in London.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KenJohn
yes, on the assumption that you are connecting on the same day without a stopover in London.
Originally Posted by BOShappyflyer
Yes. Have a grand time.
Originally Posted by Prospero
You will indeed. Hold on to your inbound boarding pass and present it at the reception along with your onward boarding pass.
Originally Posted by eae
Yes, both at JFK and LHR.
Thanks everyone!
Old Apr 4, 2014, 9:02 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
BA Concorde Room Access

And depending on how much time you have you can also go airside after landing and sample the concord breakfast area in the arrivals lounge.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 10:49 pm

Programs: BA GGL
To be honest, I'd recommend going straight to the main lounge in Departures. It's so much nicer...
KeaneJohn likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
To be honest, I'd recommend going straight to the main lounge in Departures. It's so much nicer...
I would agree
Old Apr 5, 2014, 1:24 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
There are some photos in this thread that illustrate the direct route after Flight Connection's security search. It's not well signposted.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ction-lhr.html
Old Apr 5, 2014, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Thanks again everyone. Just booked YVR-JFK-LHR-FRA-NRT in CX F BA F BA J JL F, it will be quite a fun experience with lots of hours in the Concorde Room.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 2:21 am
LE2

Programs: BA Silver
I was wondering if I will have access to the JFK Concorde Room during my connection LHR-JFK-YVR.

I'm arriving from LHR to JFK on BA First; however,outbound from JFK to YVR on CX First. Flights arrive and depart from the same JFK terminal.

I know that I can fly into LHR on BA First and connect to a IB Business flight and still have access to the LHR Concorde Room.

I was wondering if JFK Concorde Room has the same type of policy.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 2:29 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by LE2
I was wondering if I will have access to the JFK Concorde Room during my connection LHR-JFK-YVR.
I've not done it personally, but I know of people who have and I saw someone successfully doing it at T7. However the agents' body language was "we're not supposed to do it, but in your case we will". That passenger I would presume to have a very high CIV with BA. The IB one is interesting, obviously it's the same company as BA, whereas CX is not, and as you say custom and practice is that they are allow access in T5. However having seen the book it is supposed to be IB only if the passenger has a BA codeshare on it, not a direct IB booking.

You would definitely have Flounge access at T7, however.
Old May 3, 2014, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by yerffej201
I contacted BAEC with a similar question as I would be arriving into LHR in First (BA metal)and continuing my journey to NCL (on the same day) and I have been informed that I will not have access to the CCR.

The response was as follows:

Dear Mr Passy777

Thank you for writing to the Club about accessing lounges.

The Concorde lounge is only available for passengers travelling in First.

As you are flying a domestic sector, you can only access the Galleries Club T5A & T5B lounge at London Heathrow airport.

I hope I have been able to clarify your particular concern.

Please let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Regards
British Airways Executive Club

I was under the impression that as long as I produced my inbound First boarding pass at the entrance to the CCR, I would have access to it.

I fully explained that I would be arriving into LHR in First prior to my domestic sector (on the same day), so either I have misinterpreted the access requirements or the BAEC agent has got it wrong.

Hopefully it was just a lazy answer - it did take over two weeks for a response!
Old May 3, 2014, 3:41 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by passy777
I contacted BAEC with a similar question as I would be arriving into LHR in First (BA metal)and continuing my journey to NCL (on the same day) and I have been informed that I will not have access to the CCR.

The response was as follows:

Dear Mr Passy777

Thank you for writing to the Club about accessing lounges.

The Concorde lounge is only available for passengers travelling in First.

As you are flying a domestic sector, you can only access the Galleries Club T5A & T5B lounge at London Heathrow airport.

I hope I have been able to clarify your particular concern.

Please let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Regards
British Airways Executive Club

I was under the impression that as long as I produced my inbound First boarding pass at the entrance to the CCR, I would have access to it.

I fully explained that I would be arriving into LHR in First prior to my domestic sector (on the same day), so either I have misinterpreted the access requirements or the BAEC agent has got it wrong.

Hopefully it was just a lazy answer - it did take over two weeks for a response!
The agent was wrong, simple. Did you sent the query to YouFirst? They usually provide the correct answer on the same day!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.