Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 31, 2014, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
This thread is to help BAEC members use US Airways for travelling, earning and redeeming Avios. Your comments are welcome.

One obvious resource for more information about US Airways is their main Flyertalk presence, which is to be found here:
US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Merger)

The US Airways website:
http://www.usairways.com/default.aspx

The US Airways UK website - this allows you to pay in GBP, therefore avoiding currency conversion fees. Note that if you are a BA Amex PP cardholder you can also book via BAEC by telephone to get more Avios, however there may be a service fee.
http://www.usairways.com/en-UK/default.html
Print Wikipost

US Airways - your BA Executive Club guide

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2015, 4:30 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Sadly this almost always happens to me for any changes for any BA-booked tickets (be it on BA, AA or US). I come across it myself when logging in to my account and the online system doesn't let you rebook - totally useless! If you call with an alternative that would suit you they'll hopefully be able to sort you out though
Old Jan 28, 2015, 1:38 pm

Programs: Silver BAEC, Diamond Hilton Honors, Gold SPG
Disappearing US Airways Avios Redemptions

I am heading over to North America and was planning on using my pile of Avios to make some internal flights given the low taxes.

I had wanted to go from Toronto to Washington DC on the 10 February, I had previously checked and their was plenty of availability, mainly on US airways marked flights.

However, I was about to pull the trigger and all this availability has completely dried up, no direct reward seats available on the day I want to travel and from the scan of dates after, a much reduced availability and no mention of US airways, just AA.

Anyone else experienced this? Anyone have a solution, am I doing something stupid? Is it worth a phone call to BAEC? or is it possible to check some other way perhaps with expert flyer (I don't know my way round it very well).
Old Jan 28, 2015, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
There's a whole thread on this, with a Wiki, over at the US Airways forum.

I haven't read it, and don't intend to, but the temporary termination of all Avios awards on US has been quite the item of conversation on Flyertalk for some time now -- something about systems alignment in preparation of the merger.

The moderators should really move this . . . .
Old Jan 28, 2015, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
See this thread (and the links within) among many recently started:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ng-ba-com.html
Old Jan 28, 2015, 1:56 pm

Programs: Silver BAEC, Diamond Hilton Honors, Gold SPG
Ah thanks guys, happy for moderators to delete this thread
Old Feb 3, 2015, 10:18 am

Programs: BAEC gold
Question on visibility of a US booking. I made the booking on their UK website, and followed the advice up thread to get my BAEC number added which is all good.

I can see my booking on the US website, but is there any way I can add it BAEC MMB or aa.com?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fatblokeflying
Question on visibility of a US booking. I made the booking on their UK website, and followed the advice up thread to get my BAEC number added which is all good.

I can see my booking on the US website, but is there any way I can add it BAEC MMB or aa.com?
For BA, you need the BA PNR(s) (the Amadeus PNR)
For AA, you will need the AA PNR(s) (the Sabre PNR).

These sometimes appear when you make a seat reservation on a BA metal or AA metal flight respectively.

Otherwise you will need to call US to ask.

If there are no sectors operated by BA, then you cannot get it into MMB.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 10:30 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
If there is no BA metal on the flight then it is unlikely you can see it on BA.com. There won't be a ghost entry on Amadeus to allow that to happen. I think it should appear on AA.com if there is AA metal in the journey. You should be able to monitor it via the US app, which allows guest logins.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 11:59 am

Programs: BAEC gold
thanks both, I thought it would be complicated knowing the robustness of the IT. I will try and trust that as the US PNR has my BAEC number and the points will appear in due course !!
Old Feb 3, 2015, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

thanks both, I thought it would be complicated knowing the robustness of the IT. I will try and trust that as the US PNR has my BAEC number and the points will appear in due course !!
Yes this will work fine.

No need for BA to have the PNR for crediting purposes.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 10:17 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Is there a list of US Airways routes that are over 2000 miles that would attract 210 TPs in First? I though I had seen one somewhere, but I could only find a mention of PHL-PHX in this thread.

Is the GC mapper the authoritative source in any event?
Old Mar 30, 2015, 11:22 am

Programs: * Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by mccorry
Is there a list of US Airways routes that are over 2000 miles that would attract 210 TPs in First? I though I had seen one somewhere, but I could only find a mention of PHL-PHX in this thread.

PHL-LAS
PHL-SEA
And I think PHL PHX

Probably the same out of CLT
Old Mar 30, 2015, 11:40 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mccorry

This is quoted from the Tier Point Runs thread

US Airways 2,000+ mile routes (210 TPs in F)
PHX- SJO, BOS, EWR, ANC, HNL, JFK and PHL
PHL- SAN, LAX, LAS, SFO, PHX, PDX and SEA
CLT -SAN, LAX, SFO, PDX, SEA and SMF
DCA - LAS
RDU -LAX
SMF - BWI
There are also once a week flights from CLT to BGI and from ATL to SMF

Sometimes SEA-PHX-ATL will code as the same flight number for both segments, which results in a 2000+ mile segment, i.e. 210 TPs in First.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 11:50 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
There are a few others, such as to Hawaii and across to BOS. But not CLT to PHX, and PHX to Baltimore is 1996 miles!

US used to issue a PDF timetable of their own, but that seems to have been taken offline. The AA one is still available and that has the US services and miles in it:

http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...p#one&anchorEv

And you can seaech via the Schedules section of the oneworld.com website, you will see the Miles if you click the + symbol.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 3:37 pm

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold, LH FTL, FBP, CCG, HH Diamond
Is there no way to get my BA FFP # into an AA booking with US segments? The FFP# shows fine on AA.com, but US has no clue... From what I can tell in this thread, a call to USAir is in order, correct?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.