Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 31, 2014, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
This thread is to help BAEC members use US Airways for travelling, earning and redeeming Avios. Your comments are welcome.

One obvious resource for more information about US Airways is their main Flyertalk presence, which is to be found here:
US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Merger)

The US Airways website:
http://www.usairways.com/default.aspx

The US Airways UK website - this allows you to pay in GBP, therefore avoiding currency conversion fees. Note that if you are a BA Amex PP cardholder you can also book via BAEC by telephone to get more Avios, however there may be a service fee.
http://www.usairways.com/en-UK/default.html
Print Wikipost

US Airways - your BA Executive Club guide

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2014, 1:15 pm

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by albireo
Are you talking about this post :

but that is a US-operated flight if I am not mistaken. I would like to see someone report about the number of tier points actually earned on an AA-operated (and US-coded) flight.
Yes that post. US coded flight operated by AA.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 6:09 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK Elite, AB Gold, Iberia Plata, Best Western Rewards Platinum
So I jut flew LHR-CLT-DFW and will be doing DFW-LHR back on US airways ticketed (Economy H and M class) booking. CLT-DFW and DFW-LHR will be AA operated. Am a BAEC silver.
First time flying US airways mixed feelings. LHR office had no clue about benefits of One World Sapphire members. No upgrade list nothing. Was asked to pay for choice seats in Economy as well (which are just regular economy seats with no extra legroom unlike the Main Cabin Extra in AA). Found the whole disconnect between AA and US very odd. Everything else was OK. The seats were surely more comfortable on the LHR-CLT sector, slightly more legroom than AA and surely more than BA. Found the lack of a movable and swiable head rest a bit odd as this means my head flops around when I sleep. In flight entertainment was good (AA equivalent) and food was good too (better than BA).

Anyway I think for me trying to book a US airways ticket on AA metal is the best option as of today. You get double TPs, Double Avios (till June 30th) and as it is all AA metal you get a free choice of the main cabin extra seats (in my opinion superior to the premium economy cabin in BA, which you have to pay ridiculous amount for). I find it so stupid that as a BAEC silver member I get better perks on AA metal. They even put me on the upgrade list and upgrade me often based on the Sapphire status. I am yet to see an AA flight with its Business and First cabin empty. They ALWAYS fly higher cabins full.
I kinda find BA always lackluster and hit and miss with service. Plus they treat you like rubbish in economy...
Anyway just my first post here. US ticketed... on AA metal... that is the future... Will update when my TPs get posted.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 6:09 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, PriorityClub Platinum, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by cal_dood
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Bennion

Quote:

Originally Posted by cal_dood

Spouse and I have taken combined 10 flights between 9th-16th April on US Airways. Nothing has shown up as yet on BAEC.

4th April our first flight was and so far nothing. Sent a missing points claim in today so lets see if/when I get any reply.

All flights taken between 9th-13th April showed up with posted date of 22nd April. 20TP for each economy segment. The promotional avios also posted. Let's see when the flights taken last week show up.
TPs for flights taken last Tuesday and Wednesday posted too.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 6:32 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Any word yet about the incorrectly low TATL TP earning rates of 70 rather than 140 - has anyone had any of these post yet?
I think we had a positive comfirmation in post 103.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 6:35 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk unileeds

Originally Posted by unileeds
So I jut flew LHR-CLT-DFW and will be doing DFW-LHR back on US airways ticketed (Economy H and M class) booking.
Welcome to Flyertalk unileeds, welcome to the BA Board. Thanks for giving your impressions of the US Airways experience from a BA perspective, most interesting. I hope that you will continue to post here on Flyertalk, so please make yourself at home. I'm a regular flyer with US domestically within the USA, but I have my first transatlantic flight with them from Edinburgh to Philadelphia in a couple of months, and I'm looking forward to that. Once again, welcome on board.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by unileeds
Anyway I think for me trying to book a US airways ticket on AA metal is the best option as of today. You get double TPs, Double Avios (till June 30th) ...
Are you sure about the double TPs? I thought that the introductory offer was double Avios only?
Old Apr 24, 2014, 9:38 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Are you sure about the double TPs? I thought that the introductory offer was double Avios only?
I think they refer to the fact that AA coded trans cons earn only 35TPs, compared to 70TPs on US coded flights operated by AA.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Matthew Bennion
I think they refer to the fact that AA coded trans cons earn only 35TPs, compared to 70TPs on US coded flights operated by AA.
Thanks. That's good, for as long as it lasts.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 11:13 am

Upgrade Offer

I'm booked in economy on a domestic US flight,
just got this offer e-mailed to me.

Would I get TPs/Avios for First?

First Class seats may be available on your flight to
Sit up front for $per person

Would you rather sit in First Class? For your upcoming trip to
Everyone will enjoy more legroom, priority check-in, early boarding and no charge for 1st and 2nd checked bags – a $60 value per person.*

We’re offering you and your group the option to upgrade to First Class for a grand total of $. Add everyone to the upgrade list by midnight MST on

Here's how it works:
• Upgrades are first-come, first-served
• If we have seats available for your group 2 days before your flight, we’ll upgrade everyone to First Class
• We’ll charge the credit card you used to book the tickets after you’re upgraded
Old Apr 24, 2014, 11:46 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK Elite, AB Gold, Iberia Plata, Best Western Rewards Platinum
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Thanks. That's good, for as long as it lasts.
Well that is true. However, you will find that when I was booking this trip I found something interesting.
The same flights ticketed on US was all in H and M class which are 2nd and 3rd tier after Y class (so I in my book not deep discounted or discounted, more like BA H class or AA B class)
But the same flights ticketed AA picked up 4th and 5th tier deep discount Economy bucket but were £2 more than the US £1061 vs £1063 (AA) ... So basically, US ticketed gave me a higher ticket bucket. Not sure why!!

BTW BA did not even offer the fare or flight combinations.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
I'm booked in economy on a domestic US flight,
just got this offer e-mailed to me.

Would I get TPs/Avios for First?
I fear not, but that is just a hunch. Generally North American airlines don't credit these sorts of upgrades, AA certainly doesn't. However it's also true that gate agents in North America have far more leeway in altering tickets, including buckets, and sometimes unexpected things happen. With US being so new to the oneworld alliance, it would be good to hear of what happens in the end.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 1:05 pm

tried to make a Avios booking for a US operated flight. There was award space on US air & AA. Online, the particular flights did not show up, so called up and was told there is no space.anyone else in the same boat?is award space not showing up on US air operated flights on ba.com
Old Apr 24, 2014, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by mrahul
tried to make a Avios booking for a US operated flight. There was award space on US air & AA. Online, the particular flights did not show up, so called up and was told there is no space.anyone else in the same boat?is award space not showing up on US air operated flights on ba.com
I can see availability. For example: PHL to GLA, 2 business class seats available on 2 September (first date I tried too!).
Old Apr 24, 2014, 1:30 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I think we had a positive comfirmation in post 103.
Well spotted, must have missed that one - good news! ^
Old Apr 24, 2014, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I can see availability. For example: PHL to GLA, 2 business class seats available on 2 September (first date I tried too!).
could it be because they have not yet loaded all the routes into the system?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.