TAM Airlines now available for redeeming.

Old Apr 7, 2014, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Something odd is going on. I did this big piece on TAM for the blog today:

http://www.headforpoints.com/2014/04...s-redemptions/

and when I went online last night to double-check my numbers I really struggled to find seats. Especially ex-Madrid where I found NOTHING.

I then found a Frankfurt flight where availability went from 8 seats to 2 seats then back to 8 seats when I refreshed.

Something very odd going on!

(PS. Ł43 in J ex-Madrid! That is a modest Ł550 less than BA charges in tax from London. Because of the way the Avios pricing zones work, you also save 20,000 ex Madrid.)
Old Apr 7, 2014, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
Something odd is going on. I did this big piece on TAM for the blog today:

http://www.headforpoints.com/2014/04...s-redemptions/

and when I went online last night to double-check my numbers I really struggled to find seats. Especially ex-Madrid where I found NOTHING.

I then found a Frankfurt flight where availability went from 8 seats to 2 seats then back to 8 seats when I refreshed.

Something very odd going on!

(PS. Ł43 in J ex-Madrid! That is a modest Ł550 less than BA charges in tax from London. Because of the way the Avios pricing zones work, you also save 20,000 ex Madrid.)
what about paid flights? i can find anything here either
Old Apr 7, 2014, 10:58 am

Programs: BA IHG
Originally Posted by blackstone82
ive been looking for anything from gru/gig to cwb for any month and havent found anything at all
I'm seeing quite a few GIG-IGU fights now for June/July - which I'm pretty sure weren't there last week.

Also flights GIG-CWB seem to be there (ie checking 11 Jul).

As per my earlier post - can't see any domestics beyond end Jul though (but I certainly haven't checked every route/date).
Old Apr 7, 2014, 11:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cmcbugg

As per my earlier post - can't see any domestics beyond end Jul though (but I certainly haven't checked every route/date).
I'm seeing MAO-GRU availability well into November which seems to dispel the rumour regarding the 6 month max limit on domestic award seat release.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 11:08 am

Programs: FT
anyone know when the form to submit for missing miles will be updated to TAM? looking to get credit for some SDU-CGH flights last week....i know, it is nothing but ever little mile helps.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 11:21 am

Programs: Amex Plat, CX Gold
TAM

Managed to book a couple of flights during the world cup, 10,000 avios plus Ł5.80 tax each one - have to say that impressed me ^
Old Apr 7, 2014, 6:28 pm

Programs: all
Originally Posted by the_seeker1977
Likewise - I'm not seeing any TAM flights at all.

domestic flights seem hard to find while international premium flights are very easy..TAM first/business..

gru-nyc
gru-mia
gru-mex

all easy to find
Old Apr 8, 2014, 9:48 am

Last night at 10pm could see very good availability on the route GIG-IGU all through July, just a few odd days with no availability.

Transferred some Tesco clubcard points into Avios to make a booking, they went through by 10am this morning but now no availability on the above route for the WHOLE of July, not a single seat (can't believe every single one was snapped up within 12hrs?!)

Something very strange going on with Avios TAM redemptions... Also tried calling, but the operator was seeing same (non-)availability as per the website.

Old Apr 10, 2014, 6:56 am

Programs: DL Plat
Just booked JFK > GRU in J for next Feb (No return dates available so we will book through United) Wasn't able to complete the transaction online last night so had to call in this morning who completed the transaction promptly. According to the call center there are currently issues with BA and TAM matching Fare Codes.

We need to book GRU > FLN > GRU but were unable to find any availability yet.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 3:50 pm

Programs: DL Plat
Any update on when TAM releases Intra-Brazil inventory to BA for booking ?
Old Apr 21, 2014, 7:34 am

Programs: all
seems all over the pace..although now you can use united points on azul
Old Aug 4, 2014, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by Nikko5
Last night at 10pm could see very good availability on the route GIG-IGU all through July, just a few odd days with no availability.

Transferred some Tesco clubcard points into Avios to make a booking, they went through by 10am this morning but now no availability on the above route for the WHOLE of July, not a single seat (can't believe every single one was snapped up within 12hrs?!)

Something very strange going on with Avios TAM redemptions... Also tried calling, but the operator was seeing same (non-)availability as per the website.

Trying to book TAM/LAN awards and exact same thing happened recently.... very fustrating.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 4:44 am

Programs: BAEC
Looking at GIG - IGU for December.

Is it likely that these flights have no availability or just not loaded yet?
There is nothing beyond the end of November
Old Nov 10, 2014, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by FlyerGill
Looking at GIG - IGU for December.

Is it likely that these flights have no availability or just not loaded yet?
There is nothing beyond the end of November
I have been watching that route everyday since May. I've not seen any availability come up for Dec yet, but going by when availability for previous months was made available, I would have expected it by now.

I've gone ahead and booked cash tickets as I'm not convinced any availability will come up at all.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by cmcbugg
I have been watching that route everyday since May. I've not seen any availability come up for Dec yet, but going by when availability for previous months was made available, I would have expected it by now.

I've gone ahead and booked cash tickets as I'm not convinced any availability will come up at all.
No sooner had I typed that ... looks like Dec/Jan seats became available on that route on 12 Nov.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.