Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

PYOBP - anyone else noticed that the Barcodes are much smaller now?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2014, 5:50 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

OK, hardly a big thing and a first world issue but I used PYOBP for the first time in ages and saw the barcode is now much smaller than it used to be.

Thinking I had made a printing error/mistake I reprinted it. Same thing happened again. I then printed it at 150% of the size and saw that there was very little difference in the actual size of the barcode.

I hear through the grapevine that this change happened a few weeks ago but it's entirely normal now to see such smaller barcodes.

As BA changed this and I have some wasted A4 paper I demand compensation
Old Mar 27, 2014, 6:03 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Are you sure it's not just your poor vision, to go alongside your ageing sense of humour?

If only I had something useful to contribute to FT threads. At this rate, I'll be the new HIDDY.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 6:21 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Originally Posted by andset1191
Are you sure it's not just your poor vision, to go alongside your ageing sense of humour?

If only I had something useful to contribute to FT threads. At this rate, I'll be the new HIDDY.
Oi! I have 20/20 vision thanks to Laser Eye Surgery and my SOH I suppose is an acquired taste honed over many years although we are all very different in that repsect

HIDDY has a few years left in him yet so you will have to wait a while for that to happen

Back on topic, these smaller barcodes apparently changed a few weeks ago.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 3:45 am

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Actually, this caused a problem at gatwick recently, where the pyobp was not accepted at premium security because the machine couldn't read it, and we had to go back to get a bp printed at the desk. Kind of defeated the purpose of pyobp and premium security, having to queue up twice.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 11:13 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by PETER01
OK, hardly a big thing and a first world issue but I used PYOBP for the first time in ages and saw the barcode is now much smaller than it used to be.

Thinking I had made a printing error/mistake I reprinted it. Same thing happened again. I then printed it at 150% of the size and saw that there was very little difference in the actual size of the barcode.

I hear through the grapevine that this change happened a few weeks ago but it's entirely normal now to see such smaller barcodes.

As BA changed this and I have some wasted A4 paper I demand compensation
Yes, I've had the same problem recently but I think it may be something to do with printer settings. You can solve it by saving the boarding pass as a PDF and then printing it out. That seems to work.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 11:18 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
I've had a problem once or twice when printer settings were fouled up, and the BP didn't scan correctly. Never been sent back to print another.

This is a good reason to also have an e-boarding pass. Belt and suspenders.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 11:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Doc Savage

This is a good reason to also have an e-boarding pass. Belt and suspenders.
Unless you're kinky it's belt and braces.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Two countries separated by a common language
Old Mar 28, 2014, 3:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by HIDDY
I bow to your more extensive experience, HIDDY.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.