Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 23, 2014, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread is archived - there is a Concorde Room (CCR) LHR 2015 menu thread here.

This thread gives the current catering options for the Concorde Room (CCR), which is airside by South Security. This lounge is open to passengers flying BA on a First ticket or Concorde card holders. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey.

The current catering options in the CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. The current (August) JFK CCR menu is shown in post 176.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options from 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - T3 and T5
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - T1 international flights

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, and Aberdeen:
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - see post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangments from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread)

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover in 2013:
New lounge catering contract : BaxterStorey replaces Compass - effective 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - note from BA Executive Club.

BA Champagne & Wine Thread
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads:
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2013 - T5 only
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2014

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2014, 5:57 am

Programs: Budding BA Bronze, MPC Gold
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
May I make a suggestion, well actually two suggestions?

1) If you want more than one egg, you need to ask! Eggs Benedict is a misnomer. It should be called Egg Benedict. If you simply ask for Eggs Benedict, you get a single Egg Benedict.
Ah of course, I think I've only ever had one egg wherever I've had it. Even two muffins sometimes but still one egg

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
One true enhancement I can think of for the chef is to soak the onions in cold water for 20 min. Those red onions taste rather strong, and a little too much so. By soaking it in cold water, it takes the 'sting' out but leaves the flavour there.
My partner will happily eat raw red/white onions likes apples so I’ll definitely recommend the salad to her then!

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Mar 19, 2014 at 6:06 am Reason: Fixed the broken quote
Old Mar 19, 2014, 6:07 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by yokozuma

My partner will happily eat raw red/white onions likes apples so I’ll definitely recommend the salad to her then!
Not a salad. It's on top of the smoked salmon as garnish. The strong 'sting' of the red onion overwhelms the salmon a little bit too much.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 7:15 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
Originally Posted by Lolbert
Had lovely scambled eggs and smoked salmon for breakfast in the CCR yesterday and will be doing so again tomorrow. Much improved from previous offerings!
As I was travelling with my wife on Monday and she wanted lunch, I didn't have my standard Monday late morning scrambled eggs and smoked salmon.

I was quite happy with the way it was, but if it has improved I'm not the one to complain.

I'll try it when I'm next in the CCR.

bjorns
Old Mar 19, 2014, 9:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
Anyone know what champagne choices there are at the moment in the CCR and Galleries F?
Old Mar 19, 2014, 11:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
GF - there's Tatty (white and pink) and sometimes, if you are unlucky, Casltelnau.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 11:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Grande Annee
Anyone know what champagne choices there are at the moment in the CCR and Galleries F?
LPGS in the CCR and the Rose Tat..
Old Mar 19, 2014, 2:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
LPGS in the CCR and the Rose Tat..
Thank you.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 1:27 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Had dinner in the CCR this evening and, quite honestly, it was the best thing I have eaten anywhere in a long time!!! I had the pork belly and chorizo stew with the fondant potatoes from the Concorde Roast menu and the carrot puree from the Sea Bass menu. What a combination! It was sooooo delicious...

[IMG]
Pork belly with fondant potatoes and carrot puree

I also had a great evening chatting to the manager of the lounges for a couple of hours and I am so impressed by his passion for the company and his enthusiasm! He really seems to care about improving the whole customer experience and ensuring that every passenger has the best visit possible. From my conversation with him, I'd say that we will see some serious improvements over the next few months.

Oh, and just to make my evening even better, I've just been upgrade from CW to F
Old Mar 31, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by bjorns
As I was travelling with my wife on Monday and she wanted lunch, I didn't have my standard Monday late morning scrambled eggs and smoked salmon.

I was quite happy with the way it was, but if it has improved I'm not the one to complain.

I'll try it when I'm next in the CCR.

bjorns
The scrambled eggs have always been rather tasteless I have found, I think because they use the powdered variety rather than real eggs. I always have poached eggs to try and avoid this problem but the results can be variable.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 2:09 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey

Oh, and just to make my evening even better, I've just been upgrade from CW to F
Nice! Looks better than the offerings we had!

Enjoy your trip

aks120
Old Mar 31, 2014, 2:28 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Honestly, it was on a whole different level!! It was so delicious
Old Apr 29, 2014, 1:46 pm

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
CCR food

Back to this old chestnut! I was in CCR last night and had tomato, mozzarella and basil followed by the mushroom risotto (washed down with a Willamette Valley pinot noir). Really excellent - bravo CCR!

I was on a Y class day trip from GVA and found that we now get M0As in GVA (G-MIDT)!
Old Apr 29, 2014, 1:48 pm

Programs: BA GGL/GfL, A3 Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Gold
CCR food

I agree - a different league from where it was 6 months ago.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 1:51 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by morges1
I was on a Y class day trip from GVA and found that we now get M0As in GVA (G-MIDT)!
This is code for what?
Old Apr 29, 2014, 1:52 pm

Programs: BA GGL/GfL, A3 Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Alinlondon
Quote:

Originally Posted by morges1

This is code for what?
A much discussed and (un)loved ex-bmi aircraft.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.