Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2014, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread is archived - there is a Galleries First (Flounge) LHR 2015 menu thread here.

This thread gives the current catering options for the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) in LHR Terminals 3 and 5. This lounge is open to BAEC Gold and oneworld Emerald card holders. Passengers flying BA on a First ticket can also use the Concorde Room. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey. Click here to see the former thread, which covered that turbulent period.

The current catering options in the First lounge can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2014 - T5 only
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options from 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - T3 and T5
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - T1 international flights

For the First and Club lounges in Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, and Aberdeen:
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - see post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangments from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread)

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover in 2013:
New lounge catering contract : BaxterStorey replaces Compass - effective 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - note from BA Executive Club.

BA Champagne & Wine Thread
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads:
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2013 - T5 only
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
Print Wikipost

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2014, 2:21 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
londonElite, where did you have the burger? I have quite a positive review of the burger at T5 up this thread but I just tried the T3 one and found it really rather unpleasant. The meat was entirely different (possibly cooked more and possibly slightly off?) and the whole thing had a somewhat off putting sweet smell to it - possibly something from the bun which I would assume is the same as you get at T5.

Really not nice and quite different from my last one. It makes me regret not having the beef shin which does indeed look tasty.
T5. Yes, it had a slightly old and rancid smell, and that pungent sweet aroma was just sickening. I thought it may have to do with the cheese, but perhaps it was the bun.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 7:20 am

Someone from another thread said the pies have been 'enhanced away' and disappeared from the Flounge. Any truth?
Old Dec 14, 2014, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Someone from another thread said the pies have been 'enhanced away' and disappeared from the Flounge. Any truth?
Well I've not seen them on my last two visits to T5 (both evening flights) and also recent flights from T3.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
They were present and correct last time I popped in.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 2:36 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Had a burger last week during the ATC delays - agree the sweet smell from the bun, not a big fan of this. The burger itself seemed thinner than before although fairly tasty - not the best I've had but not dreadful.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 12:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by headingwest
The salmon sounds intriguing!
Here is not very good photo of the salmon thingies in front of jacket potatoes. Top left to right: veggie pasta, peas and beans, Parmentier potatoes, salmon, jacket tatoes; and below is veggie curry, rice, beef, chilli. Veggie curry was in reality much lighter than it appears to be on the picture.

Old Dec 19, 2014, 10:37 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
OK so I tried a little bit of everything from the warm buffet in the name of research..... and I had missed lunch!

My thoughts in order:

1 - The Lentil and Sweet Potato curry wins hands down. The dish is spicy and tasty and flavoursome. I really enjoyed it and thought it was the best thing on offer!

2 - The Chilli was also tasty - not too hot but good for folks who do not like anything too spicy. A solid dish.

3 - The peas - cooked to perfection (or at least to my liking!)

4 The beef shin - looked great - I found it a little tasteless but it was OK.

5 - The worst thing were the salmon cakes - they were too salty and doughy - although they looked good - I am not sure they fit with a hot plate as they need to be served quickly before they go dry - like the one I ate was!

The salad bar looked good - it is a shame the curried chicken salad has gone, I really like that but good to see a quiche option (even if it does have olives in it!!)

The sandwiches were OK - to be honest none of the filings are to my taste though - however what was bad was an egg sandwich was labeled but was actually chicken - that cant be good for tired vegetarians that dont look too hard!!

Lovely to see mini mince pies and stollen - great Christmas treat! A little bit of cream would have been nice though............

I will bang the presentation drum again though - I prefered the round dishes from previous menu - the current ones look cheap! However, all in all the food options were very good - some were not to my taste but you cannot please everyone. I would encourage anyone who likes spicy things to try the curry - it is really delicious!

Oh and for those monitoring - no pies tonight!

Regards

aks120
Old Dec 19, 2014, 11:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Silver, Flying Blue Zilch, East Coast Rewards Lots&lots, Miles & More nada
Originally Posted by headingwest
The salmon sounds intriguing!
Not sure about the intrigue, but it is tasty and relatively consistent in quality based on my few encounters with it.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 9:06 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
I just noticed that that menu card holders and cards in the LHR T5 GF have been replaced. The old holders are gone and replaced by cheaper looking and feeling paper versions. The paper on the inside is still thick and has a nice feel to it.

The content seems to have changed as well:

- Soup of the day
- BA Burger: Made with British Aberdeen Angus beef served in a milk-glazed roll with red onion marmalade, baby gem lettuce, cherry tomatoes and dill pickle, accompanied by twice-cooked chips. Ask your host if you would like to add crispy back bacon or mature English Cheddar.
- Smoked Scottish Salmon Bagel
- Cafreal Chicken
- Nashi Pear and Oxford Blue Salad
- Macaroni Cheese
Old Dec 28, 2014, 9:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF NB
Originally Posted by El_Duderito
I just noticed that that menu card holders and cards in the LHR T5 GF have been replaced. The old holders are gone and replaced by cheaper looking and feeling paper versions. The paper on the inside is still thick and has a nice feel to it.

The content seems to have changed as well:

- Soup of the day
- BA Burger: Made with British Aberdeen Angus beef served in a milk-glazed roll with red onion marmalade, baby gem lettuce, cherry tomatoes and dill pickle, accompanied by twice-cooked chips. Ask your host if you would like to add crispy back bacon or mature English Cheddar.
- Smoked Scottish Salmon Bagel
- Cafreal Chicken
- Nashi Pear and Oxford Blue Salad
- Macaroni Cheese
I like the sound of the pear and blue cheese salad! I'll definitely be trying that next week when passing through on my way to HNL.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 10:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
it is very tasty, that salad. Just not enough of it.

The new chicken curry is tasty also.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 12:03 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
here's a burger picture (with cheese, no bacon) snapped today:
Old Dec 28, 2014, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Why do they have to give so few chips? :|
Old Dec 28, 2014, 3:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF NB
Originally Posted by stifle
They're nothing to write home about, so not missing out on much. I've actually started asking not to have the chips whenever I order the burger as I never end up eating them.

I may be a bit biased as I work in a bar that does fantastic triple cooked chips.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by stifle
The chips are not very good (it is one of those things which should effectively always not only be twice or three time cooked, but first and foremost freshly fried, and freshly fried is something those clearly aren't!), I'll admit 6 is plenty as far as I'm concerned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.