Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 16, 2014, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
British Airways Lounge, Amsterdam - lounge 40
Opening hours: 05:30 hrs (but 06:15 Sundays) to 21:15 hrs.

This thread gives information about the new British Airways lounge in Amsterdam Airport (Schiphol), opened on Wednesday 17 December 2014. The lounge is on the roof terrace and is some distance from the usual BA gates at the end of Pier D (D26).

There is now direct access to the lounge from and the temporary rooftop access route, referred to in posts in this thread before number 295, has now been closed. The lounge can be reached via Departures 2 and after passport control passengers should proceed, on the same level, to the left and look for the lounge signage. The lifts are behind the Travel book store, near the window. More details in this post and a set of photos in post 310.

Photos of the new lounge here, here and here. The official BA photos are here.
Print Wikipost

New BA lounge in AMS from Nov 2014

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2014, 5:25 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Still a building site around the AMS lounge when I passed by on Tuesday - experienced the KLM Crown lounge and it made me pine for GF at LHR...
Old Oct 3, 2014, 8:08 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
This can only be good news. Whilst there's nothing wrong wrong with the old lounge, it's way behind others especially given frequency of flights.

I hope it'll end up being something like the BRU lounge which I quite like (though BA can't like BRU much given time of the last flight back but I don't start on that one again....).
Old Oct 3, 2014, 10:09 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
It's a depressing place for sure. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. There is one regular there, whom I assume works in HR, frequently is having phone calls at full volume about who they are managing out this week or how they can do a bit extra on someones bonus to give them the 25k they think they want.

And you are so pressed in together that there is little escape.

I find the pubs / bars worse though
Old Nov 14, 2014, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air France/KLM Flying Blue Silver, BAEC Gold, Eurostar Carte Classique,
Originally Posted by se17
Is there any news when this refurbed lounge in Amsterdam may open?

I noticed in BA's emailed magazine thing that they referred to 'refurbished lounge openings in October' for AMS and also (I think) Cape Town.

I'm there in a couple of weeks so was hoping - the present one is pretty depressing!
The best friend of the NMWOTL has mentioned the 3rd of December as the official opening day for the new lounge. They expect some VIPs to open the lounge (KPN perhaps?)
Old Nov 14, 2014, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by Arne1972
The best friend of the NMWOTL has mentioned the 3rd of December as the official opening day for the new lounge. They expect some VIPs to open the lounge (KPN perhaps?)
I understand VIP, but what do the other acronyms mean?
Old Nov 14, 2014, 1:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
I understand VIP, but what do the other acronyms mean?
A very similar acronym was decoded in post #15 - Nice Man Who Owns The Lounge! (I guess you weren't asking about KPN...)

I'll be passing through in mid-December so I'm hoping to be able to check out the new setup. Presumably if there's an opening date, someone must be able to reveal if the new lounge is indeed on the floor above, or elsewhere...?
Old Nov 22, 2014, 2:43 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Expected opening date has moved to 16 December 2014.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 3:14 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Prospero
I think that might be wishful thinking. I was in the AMS lounge earlier in the week and the lounge agent said she will be amazed if it opens in January! Apparantly there's not even a floor down yet
Old Nov 23, 2014, 5:02 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond
Ah good, so it wasn't just me who noticed the nice man who owns the current lounge is a bit on the sourpuss side. He certainly managed that doing me a favour look when he let me in and was obviously bored with having to tell people where the loos are (out of the lounge, across to the stairs, down the stairs, blah)
Old Nov 27, 2014, 5:29 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
I think NMWOTCL thought I was barking mad this afternoon when I asked him if he had any paperclips and if I could perhaps have just one!

Anyway apparently the new lounge will be one level above the current lounge so really "upstairs", and near the panorama terrace or something like that???
Old Dec 12, 2014, 5:10 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by Prospero
For all you nay-sayers.. just looking at an upcoming ex-AMS booking on MMB, and get a lounge 'more info' popup:

Originally Posted by ba.com
New lounge at Amsterdam airport

11 December 2014

The new lounge at Amsterdam airport is now open, please follow the signage at the airport to the new location.
and then, immediately above that, in the same popup:

Originally Posted by ba.com, being confusing
Amsterdam Lounge update

11 December 2014

The British Airways lounge at Amsterdam airport will be closed from 13:00 on 16 December. The new lounge will open on 17 December at 13:00, please follow the signage at the airport. Should you be travelling through Amsterdam airport whilst the lounge is closed, please speak to a member of British Airways staff who will be able to offer you a voucher to be used at the airport.
I will be there, waiting for it to open, next Wednesday... expect a live TR!
Old Dec 14, 2014, 4:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Looking forward to it. I am off to AMS for Christmas and back on the 28th so it will be good to have advance warning!
Old Dec 14, 2014, 6:12 am

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
I visited the BA AMS lounge on 3 Dec 2014. It was surprisingly my first visit to the particular BA lounge (though I have been to AMS a number of times), so I thought it's actually the new lounge...! It also looked Galleries lounge-inspired to me, so I thought the renovation had been done...
Old Dec 14, 2014, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by Dark Blue
I visited the BA AMS lounge on 3 Dec 2014. It was surprisingly my first visit to the particular BA lounge (though I have been to AMS a number of times), so I thought it's actually the new lounge...! It also looked Galleries lounge-inspired to me, so I thought the renovation had been done...
It had a refurb a few years ago.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 6:59 am

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
Sitting in the lounge now. Letter on the reception desk says it will open in "early December". When we checked in asked when it would open and the agent smiled wrily and said "in the next week". We will be here just after Christmas so look forward to trying it out....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.