Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 16, 2014, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
British Airways Lounge, Amsterdam - lounge 40
Opening hours: 05:30 hrs (but 06:15 Sundays) to 21:15 hrs.

This thread gives information about the new British Airways lounge in Amsterdam Airport (Schiphol), opened on Wednesday 17 December 2014. The lounge is on the roof terrace and is some distance from the usual BA gates at the end of Pier D (D26).

There is now direct access to the lounge from and the temporary rooftop access route, referred to in posts in this thread before number 295, has now been closed. The lounge can be reached via Departures 2 and after passport control passengers should proceed, on the same level, to the left and look for the lounge signage. The lifts are behind the Travel book store, near the window. More details in this post and a set of photos in post 310.

Photos of the new lounge here, here and here. The official BA photos are here.
Print Wikipost

New BA lounge in AMS from Nov 2014

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2015, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by opalfruit
They have it setup in such a way that at the top of the escalator there's a person manning the fast track entrance, and that leads you to a semi-dedicated security scanner - which is fine. Once you're through that, there are Fast Track signs through the passport check - next to the Privium lane - except once you get to the front of that the Passport officials bark at you to get into the regular queue, and that there isn't a fast track for passports - despite the signage.

This happened to me on two consecutive days the other week, before and after fogmageddon. If they're not going to run a Fast Track, then cover the signs up and close the lane....
Why is there passports for connections? Are you entering the Schengen zone here?

Last edited by Calchas; Nov 11, 2015 at 1:39 pm
Old Nov 11, 2015, 1:27 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by Calchas
Why is there passports for connections? Are you entering the Schengen zone here?
Sorry, I hit reply on the wrong post. This isn't anything to do with connections - just the new centralised security above Lounge 3.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry, I hit reply on the wrong post. This isn't anything to do with connections - just the new centralised security above Lounge 3.
Confusion unwound
Old Nov 11, 2015, 2:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by darthlemsip
Yep. Was very grateful of it when coming home from a stag do recently
any tips on finding it?

When one comes up the escalator and turn right, where is fastrack?
Old Nov 11, 2015, 2:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by Calchas
Yes, but not for connections (but I don't suppose many BA pax are connecting at AMS?)
You've clearly not been taking advantage of any QR ex-AMS fares!

Having said that, G-pier connections is really quiet when QR arrives, so you can waltz through security pretty swiftly

Ex-AMS however, and i agree it's now a total zoo. The trick with fast track passport control appears to be to barge your way to the front no matter what swear words are being thrown at you by the rest of the queue...
Old Nov 11, 2015, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kt74
The trick with fast track passport control appears to be to barge your way to the front no matter what swear words are being thrown at you by the rest of the queue...
One reason I stopped using AF/KLM was this was their idea of fast track
Old Nov 11, 2015, 3:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by JezQuiggley
any tips on finding it?

When one comes up the escalator and turn right, where is fastrack?
Opalfruit has described it well, though I've never been made to move queues at passport control.

It is rather easy to miss, but once you know where it is you'll be fine
Old Nov 11, 2015, 6:04 pm

Once you're through that, there are Fast Track signs through the passport check - next to the Privium lane - except once you get to the front of that the Passport officials bark at you to get into the regular queue, and that there isn't a fast track for passports - despite the signage.

This happened to me on two consecutive days the other week, before and after fogmageddon. If they're not going to run a Fast Track, then cover the signs up and close the lane....
No such barking when I used it (26 Oct).
Old Nov 12, 2015, 10:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by darthlemsip
Opalfruit has described it well, though I've never been made to move queues at passport control.

It is rather easy to miss, but once you know where it is you'll be fine
Oh thanks, missed his post

will check it out, this might help a lot
Old Nov 28, 2015, 2:05 am

Programs: BA Gold
I'm sat near the entrance to the BA Lounge at AMS, awaiting a flight to LCY.

In the past twenty minutes, I've heard the following pearls, regarding the lounge's distance from civilisation:

"I've walked so far, are we in England yet?"
"Do I get a badge for covering that kind of distance?"
"Are we still in the same time zone in this lounge?"

I'm starting to feel a little sorry for the poor woman at the front desk who is still politely laughing at every quip.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 4:15 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by crablin

In the past twenty minutes, I've heard the following pearls, regarding the lounge's distance from civilisation:

I'm starting to feel a little sorry for the poor woman at the front desk who is still politely laughing at every quip.
I haven't been in AMS since September......is is STILL the slightly shorter temporary walkway to the lounge ?
When I last went through the main level smelt distinctly funky...as if they were unblocking all the sewers .

Last edited by missdimeaner; Nov 28, 2015 at 4:16 am Reason: Fat finger syndrome
Old Nov 28, 2015, 5:40 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by crablin

How do you think those of us who use (KLM/SkyTeam) Lounge 52 on a regular occasion feel. Of course, if you are departing F-pier that works out decently enough.

I am still mourning the loss of the Privium ClubLounge; since it had private non-Schengen immigration processing that "dumped you" right at D-pier. Alas, that is no more with central security. (not the lounge, but the immigration/exit flow)
Old Nov 28, 2015, 6:29 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
I used to go through AMS a lot, but these days tend to only do so around 4 times a year. However the last 2 or 3 times have been real eye openers. I realise there is a lot of building work and renovation going on, and I think we need to wait until that's done, but what used to be my favourite airport has become distinctly unpleasant.

Security: I used fast track and it was ok, although I got pulled for a secondary search, but that's not a big deal and it was done reasonably quickly, if not particularly efficiently. Probably a slight improvement on the Gate security of old.

Passport control: an absolute joke. Poor signage, chaotic queueing, slow, e-gates not working. Absolutely pathetic.

Lounge: the setting is nice and the views are good. But the food and drink (I have never seen any sandwiches either in new lounge or old so clearly this an offering limited to certain times and days) is disappointing and the worst of any BA Lounge that I have been to in the last few years. I can forgive the hassle of getting there because this is only temporary.

Boarding: this was one of the few plus points- properly enforced, unlike LHR, where I am regularly treated to all sorts of variations of Priority Boarding other than what most of us understand to be the correct variation.

Sort it out Amsterdam.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 11:57 am

Programs: BAEC
I finally braved the five mile walk to the new AMS lounge on Sunday morning. It was a shinier version of the crappy old one - warm bottles of water and plastic wraps biscuits and muffins. Not a single warm food offering.

Why the sam hill did they even bother?
Old Dec 13, 2015, 1:23 pm
Suspended

I still can't find fast track security

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.