Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways Uncovers Fliers' Quirky Habits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2014, 5:30 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...s#.UxkQbcKPPmU

http://www.britishairways.com/assets...0305164244.pdf

New Ipsos MORI research commissioned by British Airways has revealed the range of emotions fliers go through when they travel and the quirks that make them feel comfortable.

Full details in the links above but I liked these bits;

Excitement is a big factor too. The pods that transfer Terminal 5 passengers from the car park to the airport bring out the child in the travellers that use them.

“It’s also about giving us an insight to help us develop the British Airways experience in the future and we’ve already got a number of ideas in the pipeline so watch this space….”

and there is a distinct theme of suspending normal life for fliers with many of them admitting to breaking their own norms and indulging in calorific food, drinking alcohol first thing in the morning

Does my bolding sound familiar to anyone?

The following list is in detail as per the sequences below:

Enjoyment
Conviviality
Belonging
Security
Control
Empowerment
Vitality

Do you have any 'quirky' habits?

Pete

Last edited by PETER01; Mar 6, 2014 at 5:41 pm Reason: additional text
Old Mar 6, 2014, 5:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I notice my 'quirky habit' of becoming very bored on long haul flights doesn't get a mention.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 5:42 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HIDDY
I notice my 'quirky habit' of becoming very bored on long haul flights doesn't get a mention.
I though you liked the watching the 'IFE' ?
Old Mar 6, 2014, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by PETER01

New Ipsos MORI research commissioned by British Airways has revealed the range of emotions fliers go through when they travel and the quirks that make them feel comfortable.

Excitement is a big factor too. The pods that transfer Terminal 5 passengers from the car park to the airport bring out the child in the travellers that use them.

“It’s also about giving us an insight to help us develop the British Airways experience in the future and we’ve already got a number of ideas in the pipeline so watch this space….”

and there is a distinct theme of suspending normal life for fliers with many of them admitting to breaking their own norms and indulging in calorific food, drinking alcohol first thing in the morning

Enjoyment
Conviviality
Belonging
Security
Control
Empowerment
Vitality

Pete
I certainly don't feel like a child after stepping out of the tube station personally (though the tube itself might be a reason why. I still prefer it to driving.)
As for security-LHR security has been at times even more incompetent than TSA (and that in itself is an achievement...) though most (>98%) are good.
Empowerment? I don't feel any more empowered despite being an elite when flying BA...
Old Mar 6, 2014, 10:08 pm

Programs: EK,BA,QR
Yes, flying is a wonderful, uplifting experience indeed. Convivial, enjoyable - such positive superlatives!

All our worries and cares left in the world below, knowing that we will be taken care of every step of the way...........

Not

At least they have a good imagination!
Old Mar 6, 2014, 10:58 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G

Enjoyment
Conviviality
Belonging
Security
Control
Empowerment
Vitality

Pete
Can I get some of those drugs? Alice would be proud.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 11:29 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I have a quirky disdain for fuel surcharges on awards.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 1:45 am

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
I certainly don't feel like a child after stepping out of the tube station personally (though the tube itself might be a reason why. I still prefer it to driving.)
I think this is referring to the T5 Parking Pods. (I don't think the tube brings the same sense of whimsy as these do.)

http://www.heathrowairport.com/trans...ing-terminal-5
Old Mar 7, 2014, 1:48 am

Programs: CX,SQ,PR,QR
BA actually paid good money for this study???
Old Mar 7, 2014, 1:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by AlwaysFlyStar
I think this is referring to the T5 Parking Pods. (I don't think the tube brings the same sense of whimsy as these do.)

http://www.heathrowairport.com/trans...ing-terminal-5
Trying those out for the first time tomorrow and they look pretty cool from the video on YouTube
Old Mar 7, 2014, 2:38 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY
My quirky habit of becoming annoyed at people getting in my way in the terminal as I make a beeline to either the lounge or gate doesn't seem to get a mention, either!
Old Mar 7, 2014, 2:47 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
"At this stage most will arrange the space around them to their specifications."

What is this "space" that they're referring to, and furthermore how does one actually arrange it? It must be a feature in the WT cabin that I've missed so far.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 2:50 am

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Originally Posted by xenole
Trying those out for the first time tomorrow and they look pretty cool from the video on YouTube
I will surely admit that once, when a flight had an overnight delay, I decided to try it just for kicks.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 3:04 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, VS Red, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by AlwaysFlyStar
I will surely admit that once, when a flight had an overnight delay, I decided to try it just for kicks.
I had cycled to LHR but was with someone who had a car in the Business car park so I might have used going to their car as an excuse purely to try the pods.... twice!!
Old Mar 7, 2014, 3:33 am

Oi, I resemble that remark

There's no shame in walking hand in hand with your inner child. And erm, your inner glutton. Did someone say free food?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.