Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Flyertalk British Airways London DO - Friday 28 March - all welcome

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2014, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Friday 28 March 2014

The Do will officially start at 6.30 pm
The Buffet will be available from 7.15 pm.
The Wine Tasting Session will start at 8.00 pm.

Guy's Hospital
Great Maize Pond
London SE1 9RT

List of Attendees . You can read more here about the Food details, and the Drinks List which is more comprehensive.

Nearest Station: London Bridge, served by mainline trains as well as Northern and Jubilee underground. Take the exit which is clearly signed Guy's Hospital and follow the green floor signage to direct you.

Head to the main entrance and take Lifts A in the Tower Wing (The Purple Zone as per the attached pdf below), all the way to the 29th floor. The Robens Suite is the only venue on that floor so if you get lost you should get a prize! You can find the Hospital site map here:

http://www.guysandstthomas.nhs.uk/re...s/guys-map.pdf

On exiting the lift you will be greeted by two Dragons. Of course entry is entirely FREE but if we could please ask those who are indulging in the Buffet, Wine Tasting option, or both, to bring along the correct amount of cash as that would be very much appreciated. All Debit/Visa/Mastercard's are accepted at the Bar but Amex Cards are not accepted.
Print Wikipost

Flyertalk British Airways London DO - Friday 28 March - all welcome

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2014, 7:56 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
I've only been to one DO, the penultimate BMI one in late 2012.

It happened to fall on a night when I had a flight out of LHR the next day, so all it cost me was an extra couple of quid on the tube for a stop in zone 1. That said, I probably would fit another one around a weekend (we don't get out much in Norfolk, y'know, so London is still a magical place of wonderment for us) if the dates fell right because I did gain some valuable knowledge from it. If ever you want to know the best arrival time to the minute for the TG 1st lounge in BKK, or just how water damaged your passport would need to be before Thai immigration decided to lock you in a cell for a year, just ask Oxon Flyer ...

There is an enormous amount of knowledge floating around these events. Most of it will be absolutely no use to you whatsoever, and you may well find it just a little strange or anorak-ish, but amongst that you should be able to pick out a couple of gems that really will relate to something you are going to be doing. For that reason alone, at some point everyone should at least try to attend one.

Would I fly from SFO to attend? No, of course not, so probably Sgt Ryan is making exactly the same decision almost all of us would and isn't so much different.

Sadly, whilst I am flying to SIN the following day, I won't be staying overnight this time due to other commitments so won't be able to double my attendance record . Now, if someone could just ask the best time to arrive at the OW BKK lounges for me ...
Old Mar 4, 2014, 8:03 am

Programs: Mucci, BA, Hilton.
Would love to make this but will be in the air on the way to the sevens.

Coincidently there seems to be quite a few of us in HKG at the same time. Perhaps we can all meet for a drink(s)
Old Mar 4, 2014, 9:18 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
@Sgt Ryan : one of the fringe benefits of coming to a do is that you can often pick up some really, er, interesting / useful tips and tricks that aren't necessarily discussed in open forum .....
Old Mar 4, 2014, 9:39 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
I'll be there with +2 (both RAF Pilots!)
Old Mar 4, 2014, 9:48 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
How much are the food tickets?
Old Mar 4, 2014, 10:16 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by GodAtum
How much are the food tickets?
£40 each, just slip it in a brown envelope to me and help yourself to the food.

Seriously though, it's free entry and around £6 pp for the Buffet (not compulsory though!) and around £10 for the food + wine tasting session if you fancy doing both.

That is still to be finalised though which cws will announce later but it gives a rough ball park figure. Hope this helps.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 1:21 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Please put me down as attending, I'll try to bring Mrs. BotB along as well.

We'd be up for the wine tasting if that is still available.

Look forward to attending and seeing new and dare I say it 'old' faces
Old Mar 4, 2014, 2:38 pm

Smile

I so wanted to come to this do, to check you all out before the jersey do
But I'm flying from lhr at 11:15 the next day to ebb!

Any chance of being guested into flounge or CCR??
Old Mar 4, 2014, 2:47 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Sards

Quite possibly.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 3:10 pm
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sards

Quite possibly.
Sards is a wonderful guest to accompany you in the lounge. Spent a good few hours in her company just before Christmas and had a great chat. Unfortunately I'm flying out of LGW that afternoon otherwise I would have helped.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 3:31 pm

Programs: BA, SQ, VS, Lifetime Diamond Club Appreciator, Mucci
I'll be there!

Looking forward to it
Old Mar 4, 2014, 4:51 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Drat! Hospital appointment in another country that afternoon prevents me attending. It would have been nice to put a few faces to names.

Have fun.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 4:58 pm

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue
Originally Posted by antichef
Drat! Hospital appointment in another country that afternoon prevents me attending. It would have been nice to put a few faces to names.

Have fun.
Mildly ironic given the venue. Shame you can't come though - and that applies to everyone who's said they can't come.

I do wonder what the rest of FT will think if we carry on having our do's at hospitals. It may be suggested that we have a collective drinking problem.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 5:07 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Ironic, yes. But you want to see how strange a look you get when appointments are being listed and you fix a date saying you will fly in for that - when they think you are resident in the country
Old Mar 5, 2014, 2:32 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
I'm in! Looking forward to it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.