Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Useful bargain rates, discounts etc for the Sofitel at LHR T5

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Useful bargain rates, discounts etc for the Sofitel at LHR T5

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2014, 1:42 am

Programs: BA Silver
This deal is still running until the 31st of March. Use code "TRIALTOPSECRET" for the 10% discount.
Be careful, it shows as a 5 star Heathrow hotel, correct number of Trip Adviser reviews, but when you go through the booking it changes it to a 4 star, but it is the Sofitel. Just paid £87.80 for June
Old Mar 20, 2014, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by stoneman
This deal is still running until the 31st of March. Use code "TRIALTOPSECRET" for the 10% discount.
Be careful, it shows as a 5 star Heathrow hotel, correct number of Trip Adviser reviews, but when you go through the booking it changes it to a 4 star, but it is the Sofitel. Just paid £87.80 for June
Just to note that the current code is good for 4,000 uses and will expire on 31st March; it came out on the 14th March so it's probably had a fair bit of use already. LM are also running fairly regular one-day codes at the moment, too - I try to keep the blog and the website updated with them.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 7:00 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by continentalclub
Just to note that the current code is good for 4,000 uses and will expire on 31st March; it came out on the 14th March so it's probably had a fair bit of use already. LM are also running fairly regular one-day codes at the moment, too - I try to keep the blog and the website updated with them.
Thanks for the update. I did mean to credit your blog for giving out this info but kinda forgot. Was excited about getting the deal, thanks again
Old Mar 20, 2014, 8:33 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for posting - changed to an earlier flight in May and took advantage of this - £94.50 minus (potentially!) 12.6% TopCashBack!
Old Mar 20, 2014, 8:58 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
If any one is looking for LGW (or has any other suggestions), lastminute.com also occasionally offers the Sofitel Gatwick as a secret hotel. It's not the only 4* on offer but is again given away by the review score (unlike the Hilton which has their review score hidden).

However I believe that Hotwire has the LGW Sofitel more widely available, at a lower rate (have seen as low as £63). I haven't booked it yet, but I believe the risk is removed by the Sofitel being the only hotel they rate as 4.5* in their non-opaque offering.

You can get 6% quidco from Hotwire. Or they also have a $25 off promotion running for first use of their app with it think would be usable. (Be aware that the US site initially gives the rate ex-taxes but it will total the same.)

For some reason I've never seen the LHR Sofitel on Hotwire, but it's worth a look as they would probably match the lastminute.com rate gross, and better it with the $25 discount.

Last edited by pauldb; Mar 20, 2014 at 10:24 am Reason: Removing a potentially-misleading contraction to lmt.com
Old Mar 20, 2014, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by LondonAndy
Thanks for posting - changed to an earlier flight in May and took advantage of this - £94.50 minus (potentially!) 12.6% TopCashBack!
Note that lastminute seem to be getting wise and not permitting cashback claims when combined with their own 10% discount.

I've lodged an appeal with quidco, but it will take time.

Also, pauldb references lmt.com Note there's an outfit called lmtclub.com that does discount rates but you need to sign up as a member. This is distinct from lastminute.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 10:25 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
Also, pauldb references lmt.com Note there's an outfit called lmtclub.com that does discount rates but you need to sign up as a member. This is distinct from lastminute.
Thanks - have removed my abbreviation.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 11:23 am

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
Excellent!

I just booked two rooms in May for £89 each
This forum once again proves to be very valuable ^
Old Mar 20, 2014, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by stoneman
Thanks for the update. I did mean to credit your blog for giving out this info but kinda forgot. Was excited about getting the deal, thanks again
Oh, you're welcome - I hadn't realised that's where you'd picked the info up from, but thank you for being my reader! ^
Old Mar 20, 2014, 1:43 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Any way to get the discount if travelling with 2 children? When I search for 2 adults + 2 children it shows junior suites only for 280 pounds, no secret deal.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by neuromancer
Any way to get the discount if travelling with 2 children? When I search for 2 adults + 2 children it shows junior suites only for 280 pounds, no secret deal.
When I booked this (the first time round) the site didn't seem to allow children at all. Two adults was fine, one adult and one child was no good.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 2:06 pm

I booked the Sofitel for September through BA and paid £88,
That was last week
It was the best deal at the time on all the websites I searched.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by Sards
I booked the Sofitel for September through BA and paid £88,
That was last week
It was the best deal at the time on all the websites I searched.
Weekend or mid-week?
Old Mar 20, 2014, 4:04 pm

I booked a Friday night, although the same price was available for any day before and after that date
Old Mar 21, 2014, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by Sards
I booked a Friday night, although the same price was available for any day before and after that date
The cheapest September Friday nights at the T5 Sofitel are now £109 with British Airways, which is £11 cheaper than Accor's rate for the nights that it's available. If you're an Accor Platinum and you want to guarantee your status benefits (such as they are), you may be better off on the Accor rate at that differential though - and if you Quidco (other cashback programmes are available) then the incremental cost of the direct booking diminishes further.

If you're UK VAT registered and it's a reclaimable stay, do remember that only the Accor direct rate is recoverable at 20%, too.

That said, BA is often a good source of extremely competitive rates; lately I've seen the Eden Roc Miami and the Shangri-La Bar al Jissah (to name just two) at steep discount through BA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.