Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Useful bargain rates, discounts etc for the Sofitel at LHR T5

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Useful bargain rates, discounts etc for the Sofitel at LHR T5

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2016, 1:30 pm

Hotwire are offering a 5* LHR (West) for £79.

Complimentary
Free Internet
Amenities
Airport shuttle
Business center
Fitness center
Restaurant(s)
Smoke-free rooms
Spa services

Does this look like the Sofitel? - if so a really good rate.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA GOLD
Originally Posted by Yorkshire Traveller

Complimentary
Free Internet
Amenities
Airport shuttle
Business center
Fitness center
Restaurant(s)
Smoke-free rooms
Spa services

Sounds unlikely as you don't need an airport shuttle with the Sofitel as it is linked to T5.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by Brighterside
Sounds unlikely as you don't need an airport shuttle with the Sofitel as it is linked to T5.
I think that in the past on hotwire/lastminute they have said airport shuttle but it was the Sofitel. Not sure of any other 5* hotels at Heathrow that this could be. We're not travelling until April but doing some preliminary research and came across this £79 rate which seemed too good to miss but a bit scared to take the plunge!

Last edited by Yorkshire Traveller; Jul 11, 2016 at 1:55 pm
Old Jul 11, 2016, 1:59 pm

Programs: BA GOLD
Have you tried reading the reviews for the hotel - that may make it a bit clearer.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 2:03 pm

Have you tried reading the reviews for the hotel - that may make it a bit clearer.
Good call:

"The fact that it is connected to terminal 5 makes it so easy if you are flying international on British airways. You walk out of the hotel and right into check-in for your flight."

It's the Sofitel! But when adding in the extra Hotwire fees the price comes up to £104.69.

Last edited by Yorkshire Traveller; Jul 11, 2016 at 2:29 pm
Old Jul 11, 2016, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
In connection with something else, I noticed that the current Hotel Hoppa timetable says that you can get a Hoppa from T5 to the Sofitel. Maybe that's what it's referring to?

Perhaps more usefully, it seems that there is also a Hoppa route from T4 to the Sofitel.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 6:11 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Noticed that the lounge in the Sofitel is now available for those with Priority Pass, http://www.headforpoints.com/2016/07...minal-5-lounge

Could be useful as an arrival or pre-departure lounge, or for those staying overnight at the hotel as the lounge includes a breakfast buffet, etc.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 6:49 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Personally I gave up on the Sofitel and went for the T5 Hilton which came out at about £435 for 9 of us (factoring in cashback) including 15 days parking for 2 cars.

I think I can put up with a 10 minute hoppa ride for that!
Old Jul 11, 2016, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Careful - the Hilton T5 (on the other side of the M25) shows up on 5* lists sometimes. It is connected by shuttle (Hoppa) and, more importantly, it is the only other Heathrow area hotel with a spa.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by ratechaser
Personally I gave up on the Sofitel and went for the T5 Hilton which came out at about £435 for 9 of us (factoring in cashback) including 15 days parking for 2 cars.

I think I can put up with a 10 minute hoppa ride for that!
There is an hourly bus from T5 that stops just past the Hilton on the main road. Bus number 60. The advantage over the Hoppa is that the fares are cheaper (£2 one way I think) and the journey is quicker (eight minutes). Just ask for the stop at Colndale Road near the Hilton. Here's the timetable:
http://www.busmap.co.uk/tt4/060C.pdf
Old Jul 12, 2016, 5:51 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by dylanks
Noticed that the lounge in the Sofitel is now available for those with Priority Pass, http://www.headforpoints.com/2016/07...minal-5-lounge

Could be useful as an arrival or pre-departure lounge, or for those staying overnight at the hotel as the lounge includes a breakfast buffet, etc.
Good toknow thanks, will try!
Old Jul 12, 2016, 6:31 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by Yorkshire Traveller

Complimentary
Free Internet
Amenities
Airport shuttle
Business center
Fitness center
Restaurant(s)
Smoke-free rooms
Spa services

Thanks for the heads-up Yorkshire Traveller, had been needing to book a stay for September and had forgotten to check hotwire as well as lastminute. I just booked and this is indeed the Sofitel. Not bad for £105 on a week night.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 12:54 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Iberia Plus
I booked the sofitel T5 for 115GBP for tommorow night, I took another 7gbp off with the code TAKE10. Very reasonable if you ask me!

Oh and trough hotwire!
Old Jul 21, 2016, 8:29 am

Programs: TK *G, UA, AS
Originally Posted by dylanks
Noticed that the lounge in the Sofitel is now available for those with Priority Pass...
The Priority Pass listing (https://www.prioritypass.com/en/Loun...ondon-Heathrow) contains some odd info about hours:

"Opening Hours: 06:30 - 22:00 daily. Access to the lounge is only permitted between 07:00 - 21:30 daily.
Conditions: - Complimentary shower facilities and spa access (open: 08:00 - 21:00 Monday - Friday and 09:00 - 21:00 Saturday & Sunday)"

Hopefully someone familiar with the facilities can clarify: are showers part of the spa, and thus only available from 08:00/09:00 weekdays/weekends?
Old Jul 23, 2016, 4:54 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by ASELdriver
The Priority Pass listing (https://www.prioritypass.com/en/Loun...ondon-Heathrow) contains some odd info about hours:

"Opening Hours: 06:30 - 22:00 daily. Access to the lounge is only permitted between 07:00 - 21:30 daily.
Conditions: - Complimentary shower facilities and spa access (open: 08:00 - 21:00 Monday - Friday and 09:00 - 21:00 Saturday & Sunday)"

Hopefully someone familiar with the facilities can clarify: are showers part of the spa, and thus only available from 08:00/09:00 weekdays/weekends?
Showers are separate from the lounge. It's an executive lounge for the guests (I will be there as a guest with access next month, I wonder if that will change). There are spas elsewhere I've never used, since I've had a shower in my room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.