Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Booked AA flights using Aviois but it is not TICKETED! HELP!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booked AA flights using Aviois but it is not TICKETED! HELP!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2014, 10:18 am
Original Poster

baby's ticket is still not ticketed and AA confirmed it. been calling BA since this morning. It has been 2 hrs & I am still waiting to get a customer service agent on phone!

It has been hrs of waiting on phone before. I have called about this to BA before but they didn't fix it.

Horrible customer service. Won't deal with BA or the Avios ever again!!!!!!!!!!!
If they don't pick calls, I will just book with other miles and file complaint with agencies against BA to get the avios refunded!
that's the only way to deal with them I guess since they don't answer calls from customers
Old Feb 19, 2014, 10:24 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
It has been hrs of waiting on phone before.
That is your choice!! Dozens of people have given you the very wise advice to wait a few days, but you have chosen to ignore them and just come back ranting and raving some more.

Horrible customer service. Won't deal with BA or the Avios ever again!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank goodness for that, I'm afraid I don't think we all have the sanity to be able to go through this palava every time you try to book a ticket.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
If it's just a domestic US ticket, the ticketing of the baby can easily be handled at the airport. In fact, most infant bookings for US domestic flights aren't done in advance, but rather at the airport when you check in.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wrp96
If it's just a domestic US ticket, the ticketing of the baby can easily be handled at the airport. In fact, most infant bookings for US domestic flights aren't done in advance, but rather at the airport when you check in.
this is a ticket with a seat selected. I should have read all the complaints & horror online on travel blogs regarding Avios on AA ticket and lack of customer service with BA
Old Feb 19, 2014, 10:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gfl, GGL
baby's ticket is still not ticketed and AA confirmed it. been calling BA since this morning. It has been 2 hrs & I am still waiting to get a customer service agent on phone!

It has been hrs of waiting on phone before. I have called about this to BA before but they didn't fix it.

If they don't pick calls, I will just book with other miles and file complaint with agencies against BA to get the avios refunded!
that's the only way to deal with them I guess since they don't answer calls from customers

Whilst I do in some way appreciate your anxiety after reading some horror stories about non-ticketed flights, it may be pertinent to give it a day or so.

A lot of forum members who have offered you advice are very, very frequent travelers and they are all saying exactly the same thing (more of less) to you.

We don't know each other but you seem like you are just getting more agitated by repeatedly calling and being put on hold. Why don't you leave it for 24 hours and if the situation remains the same, then make the call.

Hopefully by then the ticket status will have been updated.

Either way I hope that everything works out for you.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
been calling BA since this morning. It has been 2 hrs & I am still waiting to get a customer service agent on phone!

Why have you been phoning BA? This waste of your time is all completely self-inflicted.

Frankly, I'm almost glad that BA isn't wasting its time talking to you when you can't show even a modicum of self-restraint in curbing your obssession over a flight that's still more than a week away.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 11:01 am
Original Poster

After waiting 3 hrs on phone, I got an agent. she said there is nothing wrong with tickets for all 3. I told her record locator for baby still shows"UNKNOWN". She put me on hold and said she will sort this out with AA. She then says ticketed is confirmed and I must be wrong. I asked her to check for herself. She says yeah you are right, it says UNKNOWN. I called AA and the rep says it is not confirmed by BA. They are blaming each other. AA rep suggested me to not deal with them and book with AA directly. They had many problems with AA flights booked with Avios

Last edited by Blueskyheaven; Feb 19, 2014 at 11:09 am
Old Feb 19, 2014, 11:09 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hyatt Plat, Amex Plat.
What happened after she said, "yeah, you are right" Seems like you had an agent that acknowledged the issue and was prepared to deal with it. Or did she just tell you to call AA.

I am now confused on the infant issue. I am not an expert here, but have experience with my own kids. If it is an lap infant, then on US domestics, it just gets handled at the airport (and in my experience, the 10% gets paid at the airport). It is no big deal. But if you have seat, then its not an infant, it is a seat. Doesn't matter who is in it. In that case, I don't know why it would have a separate locator
Old Feb 19, 2014, 11:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
After waiting 3 hrs on phone, I got an agent. she said there is nothing wrong with tickets for all 3. I told her record locator for baby still shows"UNKNOWN". She put me on hold and said she will sort this out with AA. She then says ticketed is confirmed and I must be wrong. I asked her to check for herself. She says yeah you are right, it says UNKNOWN. I called AA and the rep says it is not confirmed by BA. They are blaming each other. AA rep suggested me to not deal with them and book with AA directly.
I am sorry at your frustration but Avios are fantastic value for those of us here in the US. I have booked dozens of rewards on AA with Avios, only had 1 issue when it was the actual day of travel and was sorted at the airport.

You really are getting yourself into a panic on this one. I'm sorry I find it hard to believe that you would spend 3 hours waiting for someone to answer. There are extremely friendly and helpful BA agents on this forum you could reach out to. Unfortunately given the way you have reacted so far, they may not be too willing to help.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Purim
What happened after she said, "yeah, you are right" Seems like you had an agent that acknowledged the issue and was prepared to deal with it. Or did she just tell you to call AA.
she said She doesn't know why it is not showing ticketed on AA and I should have this fixed with AA. But she herself put me on hold and saiD she would sort this out with AA.

I am now confused on the infant issue. I am not an expert here, but have experience with my own kids. If it is an lap infant, then on US domestics, it just gets handled at the airport (and in my experience, the 10% gets paid at the airport). It is no big deal. But if you have seat, then its not an infant, it is a seat. Doesn't matter who is in it. In that case, I don't know why it would have a separate locator
she said She doesn't know why it is not showing ticketed on AA and I should have this fixed with AA. But she herself put me on hold and saiD she would sort this out with AA.
because BA website wouldn't allow me to pick a seat for infant UNDER 2 & tells me to purchase as a children if I want seat for the infant.
When I entered the DOB, it shows invalid or something. Says children is supposed to be 2 to 12 or something.
Couldn't book it online without entering the DOB.
This is why I had to book on phone.

Regarding 2 separate record locators issued by AA:

There was misspelling on baby's name and I had to contact AA & BA to fix it. AA fixed it but gave separate RC for baby, since then baby's ticket never got confirmed by AA. AA says BA didn't confirm it.

RC for the 2 of us is fine, it is ticketed.

Last edited by Blueskyheaven; Feb 19, 2014 at 11:20 am
Old Feb 19, 2014, 1:48 pm

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
because BA website wouldn't allow me to pick a seat for infant UNDER 2 & tells me to purchase as a children if I want seat for the infant.
When I entered the DOB, it shows invalid or something. Says children is supposed to be 2 to 12 or something.
Couldn't book it online without entering the DOB.
This is why I had to book on phone.

Regarding 2 separate record locators issued by AA:

There was misspelling on baby's name and I had to contact AA & BA to fix it. AA fixed it but gave separate RC for baby, since then baby's ticket never got confirmed by AA. AA says BA didn't confirm it.

RC for the 2 of us is fine, it is ticketed.

Others know the systems better than me, but AA and BA have different booking systems and see things differently in the computer. I suspect that the name change will have been an unnecessary change in the circumstances. What it has done is to complicate things further and when you call up with the (unwarranted) urgency that you are showing here may make reps to do things which might not be necessary. The new record locator will be linked to your present one as you will need to be seated with the baby.

Honestly, stop panicking. Sitting on hold for hours isn't going to help. Wait a day or two and then establish the quietest time of the day to call the service centre if necessary. There will be a quieter time. I also advise against calling both centres alternately, I'm not sure it will help. You're just adding to the customer notes against the booking which may lead to more confusion than necessary.

Finally, don't use the internet as a way of accurately gauging how good or reliable a product or service is. There will always be more bad anecdotes than good, and being anecdotes, none of them are strictly reliable.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 4:43 pm

Resurrecting an old thread but with some new information, for those that are panicking like this fellow was. I booked an AA flight MIA to LIR on the phone (since BA.com does not know about the airport LIR) nearly two months ago and it has been showing up "unknown" status ever since. Booking is for November, so no rush to resolve it, however, had to call AA on another matter today, so brought it up with them. They advised that it would have to be resolved by BA and offered to transfer me! I was on hold for less than a minute before BA answered, so apparently AAdvantage reps can allow you to bypass the queue if it has to do with their flights. Issue hasn't been resolved yet, but thought that the AAdvantage bypass might be of help to some.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 10:39 pm

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by farnorthtrader
Resurrecting an old thread but with some new information, for those that are panicking like this fellow was. I booked an AA flight MIA to LIR on the phone (since BA.com does not know about the airport LIR) nearly two months ago and it has been showing up "unknown" status ever since. Booking is for November, so no rush to resolve it, however, had to call AA on another matter today, so brought it up with them. They advised that it would have to be resolved by BA and offered to transfer me! I was on hold for less than a minute before BA answered, so apparently AAdvantage reps can allow you to bypass the queue if it has to do with their flights. Issue hasn't been resolved yet, but thought that the AAdvantage bypass might be of help to some.
That is useful to know.

Did you ring the published AA UK tel number (0844 499 7300)? Or the AA freephone number in the US (+1 800 4337300)? I assume they go through to the same place. Worth knowing that the 0844 number is chargeable but if you use Skype you can dial the (+1 800) number free of charge.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 6:52 am

I used the 1-800 US number for AA customer service, who sent me to AAdvantage, who sent me to BA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.