T3 GCH Which Lounge?

Old Feb 17, 2014, 2:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
T3 GCH Which Lounge?

I have a gold card and am travelling to Lisbon - I have not used T3 before - I believe there is a galleries first lounge - how does it compare to T5 and can/should I use any other OW lounge? Thanks.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 3:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
It's lovely - the T3 Galleries lounges are spacious and well stocked.

You can also use AA and Cathay Pacific I believe which are close by.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 3:25 am
formerly bdohmen

Programs: Still dealing with the loss of my BA Concorde Room Card
T3 GCH Which Lounge?

Save yourself the trouble and avoid both AA lounges and head to Galleries
Old Feb 17, 2014, 3:29 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Don't go to the AAwful lounges.

GF is very nice, and CX is good too.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 4:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Aklso going to Lisbon (Friday) ex LHR. Travelling Y class with silver card. Is the galleries lounge any good for us lowly Silvers?
Old Feb 17, 2014, 4:13 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by nivsy
Aklso going to Lisbon (Friday) ex LHR. Travelling Y class with silver card. Is the galleries lounge any good for us lowly Silvers?
Better than sitting in Costa with those pesky Bronzes...
Old Feb 17, 2014, 4:35 am

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, TK Elite, Hyatt Platinum
Perhaps a daft question, but can you lounge hop at T3? Are they fairly close together?

Which lounge would you recommend for the best breakfast?
Old Feb 17, 2014, 4:45 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
T3 GCH Which Lounge?

Very close together. Forget AA, but CX is nice with great runway views in F section and wonton noodle soup. BA F lounge has better booze.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 5:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Try both CX and BA. CX is great for the noodles and, depending when you get there, the lounge can be very quiet.

BA Flounge at T3 has, as has been said, good booze.

Do both!
Old Feb 17, 2014, 5:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nivsy
It's excellent.

Bacon rolls galore.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 12:20 pm
Suspended

T3 GCH Which Lounge?

BA's bacon supplier should be shot. Too salty, too fatty. You can do better. At least they got rid of those weird linseed buns they had for a while.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 1:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Silver, Flying Blue Zilch, East Coast Rewards Lots&lots, Miles & More nada
Originally Posted by stickyfingers85
Perhaps a daft question, but can you lounge hop at T3? Are they fairly close together?

Which lounge would you recommend for the best breakfast?
I've never used the BA T3 lounge at breakfast time although I doubt it's much different from the offering in T5. On that basis I would highly recommend the Finnair/CX lounge in T3 for breakfast. Very distinctive, tasty sausages and a few other fry-up style items as well as the noodles others have described. As others have said, they are all close by.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 1:36 pm
Suspended

If you are feeling like a fat boy with a long flight (to HEL or LIS) why not have a (trimmed) bacon sandwich with a grey goose bloody mary, followed by wonton noodles with Tsingtao?
Old Feb 17, 2014, 2:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by cziwkga
I've never used the BA T3 lounge at breakfast time although I doubt it's much different from the offering in T5. On that basis I would highly recommend the Finnair/CX lounge in T3 for breakfast. Very distinctive, tasty sausages and a few other fry-up style items as well as the noodles others have described. As others have said, they are all close by.
I think I had sausages in CX lounges twice and they were much worse than in BA GF. But any CX lounge beats BA GC breakfast.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 5:45 pm

Programs: BA Silver | AA LT Gold | EY Silver | Marriott LT Titanium
I pick either the CX or BA F lounge depending on whether or not I am in the mood for noodles.

The AA lounge is only worth stopping by if you are on an AA flight and need assistance from the AAngels at the lounge (or want to get your security questioning done with before you head to the boarding gate). The AA F lounge is actually decent, but the J lounge/AC is a mess.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.