Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Question regarding a BA flight from LHR to PHL...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2014, 4:44 am
Original Poster

Hey all, I'm new here and had a look around the forum and wasn't sure where to put this thread so I figured I'd post here...

I was recently on a flight from LHR to PHL on British Airways who I regularly, every couple of months fly to and from the east coast of the USA with. This flight in particular seemed to have alot of issues and I'm not getting any response from BA customer relations so I don't know if I'm just moaning or if I have valid points.

Anyways so I boarded the flight in Heathrow, with an aisle seat as I always book an aisle seat as I have a problem with my left knee and can't sit with it bent for long periods of time, and sitting next to me are 2 people who aren't very happy that another member of their family (who was an adult, not a child) was sat towards the front of the plane and not with them, so they complain to a member of the cabin crew and the cabin crew member asks me if I would mind switching seats, I said no under the pretence that I would be swapping an aisle seat for an aisle seat, as the person next to me said. So I swap seats only to find out it's infact not an aisle seat, it's a middle seat. As it was a full flight I decided I'd just let bygones be bygones and get on with it. So as I'm sat there, about an hour into the flight I decide I'll check the inflight live map. Entertainment system was broken and not working correctly. So I contacted a member of the cabin crew to ask if they knew what was wrong, and they said they didn't and would get back to me. They didn't. So we touch down in PHL and get through customs surprisingly quickly only to be delayed for almost two hours at baggage reclaims, so when I eventually get my bag and get to my final destination I open my bag to find that hair product has now somehow been split open and got all over my clothes.

What do you think of this situation? Should I pursue it with BA or just let it go?

Thanks!
Old Jan 28, 2014, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Welcome to FT!

I think your question really has nothing to do with the fact that you were flying to PHL, and therefore does not belong in the Mid-Atlantic forum. I suggest you use the "Report" button at the bottom of your post to alert a Moderator, and then request that your post be moved to the FT BA forum, where you are likely to receive more informed opinions about your situation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.