Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2014

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2014, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by haasha
You need to have a points credit/debit on your account within last 12 months to be eligible for fixed price Reward Flight Saver. Otherwise you pay airport fees (high in Europe), fuel surcharge (super high on BA) and quite possibly something else.

Note that combine my avios transfer between own accounts does not count as points credit/debit.
Just credited an AA flight to my Avios account and after it posted, I saw the cash component of the BA Comair flights I was considering drop by more than $100!
Old Jul 20, 2014, 12:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Just credited an AA flight to my Avios account and after it posted, I saw the cash component of the BA Comair flights I was considering drop by more than $100!
^

Also note that Avios.com often has better availability than ba.com on as it uses different bucket (not sure if shorthaul only).

Don't know what availability oneworld partners have access to, but I am guessing the same as ba.com.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
You need to have a points credit/debit on your account within last 12 months to be eligible for fixed price Reward Flight Saver. Otherwise you pay airport fees (high in Europe), fuel surcharge (super high on BA) and quite possibly something else.

Note that combine my avios transfer between own accounts does not count as points credit/debit.
Thanks.

Will an AMEX transfer do the trick?
Old Jul 21, 2014, 2:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Thanks.

Will an AMEX transfer do the trick?
I have not tried Amex myself, but I have no reason to believe it won't.

I have re-activated the RFS offer with few avios from topcashback or something like that, so you should be fine.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:35 am

Deleted. Moved to appropriate thread.

Last edited by absolutboy20; Jul 24, 2014 at 3:37 pm
Old Jul 24, 2014, 12:26 pm
ECR

^

Also note that Avios.com often has better availability than ba.com on as it uses different bucket
I'm not sure that this is still the case.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ECR
I'm not sure that this is still the case.
As of a week back I definately found more seats on Avios.com then BA.com
Old Aug 10, 2014, 2:33 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, AA EXP, QFF WP, HH D, SPG G, Hertz PC
Forgive me for checking, I notice D class is in both Discounted Economy and in Business. Is there something wrong in this image?

Thanks for a fantastic thread, by the way.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
FWIW, the current BA page for QR gives the following booking classes:-

Discounted economy - LVSNTQO (25%) / G (50%) / HKM (75%)
Full-fare economy - YB
Business - CJDI
First - FPA
Old Aug 13, 2014, 3:17 am

Programs: EBD, BAEC GGL/CCR, Alitalia AlataPlus, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Plat100, HHD
A quick question.

A MH ticket issued in low economy in Q class (what exactly is this class?) according to the avios calculator all low economy tickets on MH should earn 25% avios and half TP.

If I on the other hand go into the site via "earn miles with our partners" only booking classes L, V, S get 25% and K,M 50% and Y, B, H get 100%.

So what about Q?

It was a ticket bought for cash via the local representative office for MH, so shouldn't be in any way a strange ticket like ID or reward booking class.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 3:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by skba1
A quick question.

A MH ticket issued in low economy in Q class (what exactly is this class?) according to the avios calculator all low economy tickets on MH should earn 25% avios and half TP.

If I on the other hand go into the site via "earn miles with our partners" only booking classes L, V, S get 25% and K,M 50% and Y, B, H get 100%.

So what about Q?

It was a ticket bought for cash via the local representative office for MH, so shouldn't be in any way a strange ticket like ID or reward booking class.
Well as you noted Q isn't listed on the earning table on ba.com for MH - which might suggest it doesn't earn anything. Also looking at aa.com for MH earning Q (along with N & O) is specifically listed as earning nothing. I know aa is a different ffp but the partner booking class earning tables on aa and ba tend to be pretty closely aligned.

EDIT: this seems to confirm as well that Q earns no avios or TPs
Old Aug 13, 2014, 7:35 am

Programs: EBD, BAEC GGL/CCR, Alitalia AlataPlus, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Plat100, HHD
Originally Posted by KARFA
Well as you noted Q isn't listed on the earning table on ba.com for MH - which might suggest it doesn't earn anything. Also looking at aa.com for MH earning Q (along with N & O) is specifically listed as earning nothing. I know aa is a different ffp but the partner booking class earning tables on aa and ba tend to be pretty closely aligned.

EDIT: this seems to confirm as well that Q earns no avios or TPs
Yeah, I already checked AA as well, and there seems to be more obvious information.

I guess you have to call me stupid for going to the Avios/TP calculator and choosing 'low economy' before booking to see that I earn 35 TP per way. (Don't give a toss about avios as I have plenty)

Now it appears I have paid Ł400 for a return KUL-PEK (which can hardly be considered a ridiculously low fare although it is of course not expensive) that gives exactly 0 TP and 0 avios when the calculator indicates it gives 70 TP and some avios. How exactly is a normal passenger (that doesn't even know what a booking class is) going to react?

I'll take this up with BA in my next rant to them. (They are claiming my other two legs on this journey (which for sure are in earning booking classes) are credited already to my account but they are not!!!)
Old Aug 14, 2014, 8:46 am

Programs: Budding BA Bronze, MPC Gold
I'm going to be booking a lot of CX flights soon for the first time. In order to earn Avios on them rather than Asia Miles I am guessing I can put my BAEC number on the booking rather than CX FF number?

Edit: Making the booking through CX website aswell.

Last edited by yokozuma; Aug 14, 2014 at 9:03 am
Old Aug 14, 2014, 9:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yokozuma
I'm going to be booking a lot of CX flights soon for the first time. In order to earn Avios on them rather than Asia Miles I am guessing I can put my BAEC number on the booking rather than CX FF number?

Edit: Making the booking through CX website aswell.
Yes, when you get to the "Enter passenger information" screen during the booking process there is a drop down list for frequent flyer program and BAEC is in that list. You also put your BAEC number in the "Frequent Flyer Number" field. After you fly your TPs & avios shoudl credit to your BAEC account.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 12:07 am

My EC page is showing that I need only 800TP to retain gold. I've had that for two years now but this time I did not make it to Gold and I'm dropping to Silver soon. So I thought the Gold threshold would go up to normal levels of 1500TP for me. Not complaining at all as this year I might get the 800TP but definitely not 1500TP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.