Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Short haul catering guide

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2016, 4:12 am

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Did you have three choices?? it's normally just two.
Yes, there were the three choices. CE was quite full, maybe because they were selling upgrades at the counter, so I don't know if they still had all three choices by the time they reached the back of the cabin.
Old May 21, 2016, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Because it was DBV-LGW it may have been an unused meal from the outbound.
Good point! Most probably the explanation ^
Old May 24, 2016, 12:35 pm

I am travelling LGW-NCE departing LGW at 14:05. What will be the meal offerings in Club Europe? I suspect it will be afternoon tea....but are alternatives offered?
Old May 24, 2016, 12:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold GGL
Originally Posted by welshbobby
I am travelling LGW-NCE departing LGW at 14:05. What will be the meal offerings in Club Europe? I suspect it will be afternoon tea....but are alternatives offered?
The only alternatives are if you order a special meal. If you don't do that, it's sandwiches, scones and cake.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 12:33 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
New snack boxes in EuroTraveller made their début yesterday, I think it's typically band 3 you see these but they appear on some band 2 flights as well. I think that from post one, if you see Flatbread or Urban Eats, this is what you get. This replaces the Peak Bakery boxes. As you can see, the styling is quite attractive and certainly impressed some Spaniards irrop'd off an Iberia service.

The apple and cinnamon muffin is quite sticky (and more-ish), best eaten with a spoon if you have one to hand. Not as big as the sticky Peak buns, but still a reasonable size.

Nutrition and allergy information:

Old Jun 1, 2016, 3:47 pm

Lovely British branding, manufactured in Ireland and France!
Old Jun 2, 2016, 1:18 pm

Do BA have to comply with some kind of extended international labelling laws because they supply that sandwich/muffin product on flights to a range of territories? Does this mean BA have to list every single ingredient of every constituent part whereas on a similar product just sold in a UK supermarket say, some of the ingredients listed here would be omitted?

Otherwise how do they possibly manage to cram that many ingredients into a sandwich and a muffin?! I know they have to travel and survive for a decent period, but surely so do Supermarket/M&S sandwiches and am sure they don't have SO many ingredients!
Old Jun 3, 2016, 1:46 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Singapore Airlines Krisflyer
Ba1423 bhd-lhr

Hi All,

I am on the 09:10 flight out of BHD in the morning. Does this flight still fall within the time limit for the hot breakfast?

Apologies if this has been answered previously. I am usually on the 07:Something flight so am not sure about the catering on the later morning flight.

Cheers

Old Jun 3, 2016, 1:59 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by BHD90
Hi All,

I am on the 09:10 flight out of BHD in the morning. Does this flight still fall within the time limit for the hot breakfast?

Apologies if this has been answered previously. I am usually on the 07:Something flight so am not sure about the catering on the later morning flight.

Cheers

0930 is the cutoff for breakfast so yes you should get it.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 2:44 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Singapore Airlines Krisflyer
Originally Posted by smokie36
0930 is the cutoff for breakfast so yes you should get it.
Cheers
Old Jun 3, 2016, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by BHD90
Cheers
PS: your question was answered by posts 1 and 2 of this thread BTW.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 4:42 am

I've decided to pop to Nice for one night next week on a reward saver in CE - my mates are out there for the Euros and i've got a free day so fancy joining for a few bevvies!

It's a 7am flight out and a 7am flight back the next morning (LHR-NCE-LHR).

I assume a hot breakfast is on the cards on both legs?
Old Jun 9, 2016, 4:49 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flyingmartyr
I've decided to pop to Nice for one night next week on a reward saver in CE - my mates are out there for the Euros and i've got a free day so fancy joining for a few bevvies!

It's a 7am flight out and a 7am flight back the next morning (LHR-NCE-LHR).

I assume a hot breakfast is on the cards on both legs?
Yes.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 5:58 am

Programs: BA Silver
I'm astonished anyone would actually look forward to a CE breakfast.

Maybe I'm just spoiled lol.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 7:13 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by smokie36
I'm astonished anyone would actually look forward to a CE breakfast.

Maybe I'm just spoiled lol.
There's nothing wrong with the CE breakfasts, but you can always find better things to eat in the lounge (at LHR at least).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.