Search

Short haul catering guide

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2014, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Yesitsme
Update on LGW CE bars Band4 flights:

No Port, actually very few liqueurs Baileys, Martini Bianco, Cointreau, Southern Comfort, Tia Maria, Drambuie.

Sorry about the rather small selection.
It would be good to confirm that Drambuie is offered from LHR too as this may turn the unpleasant Monopoo into a drinkable pacific sunrise. If only there was Orange zest too.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 3:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Miles & More Silver, Privilege Club Silver
Flew CE band 3 in Friday a brunch flight, no choice only a heated ham (half) sandwich. It wasn't what I know as panini, very dry all round. Would rather have had the Afternoon Tea sandwiches. Also a very few pieces of dry looking fruit on a small flat plate. Not CE standard at all. Coming back yesterday it was Afternoon tea which was fine though would have preferred Dundee cake to the coffee and walnut we actually got.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by BESTEDIFLYER
Flew CE band 3 in Friday a brunch flight, no choice only a heated ham (half) sandwich. It wasn't what I know as panini, very dry all round. Would rather have had the Afternoon Tea sandwiches. Also a very few pieces of dry looking fruit on a small flat plate. Not CE standard at all. Coming back yesterday it was Afternoon tea which was fine though would have preferred Dundee cake to the coffee and walnut we actually got.
Could you say what the route was? It is definitely not the normal CE brunch service that you had (which is essentially a cold cuts plate + pastry)
Old Feb 7, 2014, 12:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Miles & More Silver, Privilege Club Silver
It was Rome.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 11:59 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
The Brunch service is a choice of a cold plate consisting of meats and cheeses or a Ham and cheese Panini which is accompanied with a small plate of fruit (On Band1&2 flights a cheese and ham croissant is served instead of the Panini). This all comes with bread, croissants and pastries with either option.

Surprisingly often the panini is more popular but it does vary from route to route.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
At least it's hot!
Old Feb 8, 2014, 3:09 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Had the veggie option up to Glasgow from Gatwick this week, on a fairly tidy 737 (g-DOCO)
With a great crew.
Veggie option was that rec. by Prospero, (spinach frittata, cherry toms, rosti style pots. Mushrooms(?)) roll, marmalade, juice, coffee, and a coffee refill.
Sat in the CE configured rows it was the best flight I have done for a while...
Return today with Easyjet from Inverness, Ho-hum.... My knees are still recovering....
Old Feb 8, 2014, 3:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze; HHonors; ClubCarlson
Originally Posted by G-BUSI
To be honest, that looks awful. Truly awful.
Exactly what I thought. I wouldn't feed it to my dog.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 3:30 pm

Programs: BA Blue
Short haul catering guide 2014

I'm off to FCO in CE soon and am considering ordering an Asian veggie special meal to avoid the afternoon tea - would that work? Or would they say the afternoon tea offering is veggie anyway and just force that upon me?
Old Feb 10, 2014, 3:31 pm

Programs: BA Blue
Short haul catering guide 2014

PS I absolutely love the BA veggie domestic breakfasts. They do make me feel slightly sleazy, but I love them! :-D
Old Feb 10, 2014, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by Teefaf
I'm off to FCO in CE soon and am considering ordering an Asian veggie special meal to avoid the afternoon tea - would that work? Or would they say the afternoon tea offering is veggie anyway and just force that upon me?
The afternoon tea is not veggie and certainly not Asian, so go ahead order your special meal

SFML is my preferred option.

I believe if you order a special meal even if the main options would qualify you'll still get a special meal. e.g. I've had a seafood meal even when there was a seafood option on the regular selection which looked more appetising. Since that point I've only ordered special meals on services with poor offerings like afternoon tea.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 11:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Nice enough prawn salad last night to GVA.

Monopole is not the greatest.......might choose something different on the trip back!

Indifferent crew though. As soon as the CSD had given the meals out, she hid at the front with her mate and ate their dinner while having a gossip about why they never use the iPads (yes, it was that loud).

Oh, and they didn't seem to answer any call bells in CE. They couldn't be bothered!
Old Feb 11, 2014, 1:06 am

Programs: BA Executive club Gold ,Skywards
Hi , I'm off to LPA in March in CE from LHR , is the catering the same as LGW to TFS in CE or would it be different ?
Old Feb 11, 2014, 3:34 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by jasensteve
Hi , I'm off to LPA in March in CE from LHR , is the catering the same as LGW to TFS in CE or would it be different ?
It is similar to a Band 3 hot meal tray with cheese and desert but with two hot options to choose from.

These flights have to be round catered, so in CE they have a hot meal but in ET it is the LGW style Band 4 cold meal box.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by stu1985
Nice enough prawn salad last night to GVA.

Monopole is not the greatest.......might choose something different on the trip back!

Indifferent crew though. As soon as the CSD had given the meals out, she hid at the front with her mate and ate their dinner while having a gossip about why they never use the iPads (yes, it was that loud).

Oh, and they didn't seem to answer any call bells in CE. They couldn't be bothered!
Send in these comments to CR, lazy crews like this should not be tolerated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.