Short haul catering guide

Old Jul 11, 2015, 8:37 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
The Monopole shortage seems to extend to LCY as well, full size bottles of Taittinger on PMI-LCY yesterday. Unfortunate CC had a bit of a Lewis Hamilton moment with one bottle and inadvertently sprayed the galley.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Oaxaca
The Monopole shortage seems to extend to LCY as well, full size bottles of Taittinger on PMI-LCY yesterday.
Most sadly my own LCY-NCE also yesterday only had the dreaded Monopole mini bottles. I would have happily swapped!

Incidentally, I agree with others that the new meals (Italian plate, similar to the LHR CE "brunch" plate or poached salmon Ceasear salad) are a step down from the previous offerings.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 3:31 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Yesitsme
Before you all get too excited, it's a temporary thing due to a supply issue from Monopole. At LGW at least (I don't get messages about LHR issues) there should be a couple of big bottles of taittinger loaded as well as Monopole loaded at 50% of normal amount on Band 3 and 4 flights. I haven't seen it yet, as my recent B3 & 4 flights must've been "forgotten" in regards to champagne loads. We only had a few bottles of Monopole. Luckily, most of the customers didn't know we serve champagne in CE
Oh for goodness sake! They had all this nonsense about 10 years ago. Again it was a supply problem and I believe that it was Tattinger back then. At least this time they're sending out full bottles rather then insufficient. I wondered about this when I flew back from Istanbul the other day.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 2:55 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Virgin Flying Club Red, Swiss M&M Blue
Ok I cant find much on here about the KOS flights. So if anyone has any insight I'd be grateful.

I presume this is a band 4 flight for catering. We will be leaving (in CE) at 08.55 so will get breakfast. Will there be any other food before we arrive at 14.55 local time? Just wondering as the kids will be very hungry again by then.

Thanks
Old Jul 30, 2015, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by dobba
Ok I cant find much on here about the KOS flights. So if anyone has any insight I'd be grateful.

I presume this is a band 4 flight for catering. We will be leaving (in CE) at 08.55 so will get breakfast. Will there be any other food before we arrive at 14.55 local time? Just wondering as the kids will be very hungry again by then.

Thanks
I took this flight in May. Like all other Band 4 flights you only get one food service, drinks will of course be more frequent (especially in CE) and you should get a bag of nuts or other nibbles with at least one drinks service.
If your kids are likely to get hungry in the three hours or so between finishing their breakfasts and arriving in Kos, you'll really need to bring some snacks with you. At least in CE you will get hot food, ET passengers get a breakfast box with a ham and cheese croissant inside, because the service is actually modified Band 4 since the flight is round-trip catered from LHR.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 5:44 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
It's a shame BA standards don't leave the meal services to a little later on these flights, especially as all CE pax theoretically have the opportunity to eat in the lounge. In ET at least the cold breakfast box can be held onto.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 5:02 pm

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Arienne du Rseau Courte Dure de British Airways

Thanks
You are taking off just before 9am and so breakfast will be served around 9.30 and will take at least half an hour to an hour to complete, then you will be landing at 12.55 UK time. I don't think most children would want to eat that soon after a late breakfast.

If you have ordered children's meals for them there are sweets and snacks usually on the trays that would keep most children happy.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 7:04 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer

Originally Posted by Littlegirl
You are taking off just before 9am and so breakfast will be served around 9.30 and will take at least half an hour to an hour to complete, then you will be landing at 12.55 UK time. I don't think most children would want to eat that soon after a late breakfast.
In addition, what I believe you can do is order a cup of tea and some biscuits in CE. You should get a three pack of one of the Peek Freans range, custard creams, bourbons or shorties or some such - the sort we used to get in lounges everywhere.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Flying to GIB in CE, BA provided a very tasty VLML including Tofu and rice. My only criticism is that part of the rice tends to stick to the container it was cooked in and therefore never made it on to my plate. Other than that the crew were excellent and whilst I didn't indulge in the Shampoo (Tatty, Monopoly or whatever) on that flight I may well on the way back.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 12:45 pm

Programs: BAEC "I'm blue Da ba dee da ba di", Skywards Blue, Miles & More (very passive)
Originally Posted by dagohh
I'm flying HAM-LHR-HAM - so band 2 - next month in CE and the flights are in the dinner and lunch time slots.
[...] so I just selected "Asian Vegetarian" for the dinner (HAM-LHR) and "Hindu" for the lunch (LHR-HAM).
I wanted to post earlier, here's what I got last weekend:
Asian Vegetarian - some eggplant/chickpea stuff under the salad, tofu cubes and a prepackaged, very dry roll (I regret not asking for one of the warm ones).

Hindu - carrot, radish and zucchini, knotted together on a bit of rice, this time I didn't get a prepackaged roll

I didn't check what the regular salads were on the two flights. On the HAM-LHR Flight, it was amazing, how fast the service began and I had the tray in front of me. It felt like maybe two minutes after the cabin crew left their seats.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 3:51 am

Programs: BA, KL, DL
What is the catering like to/from BEY, in World Traveller (economy)? Can't seem to find anything on the forum using the search function.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 3:07 am

Just wondering whether the drinks list is still correct for CE? If I asked for the Port on the Band 4 flight coming up am I just going to get a quizzical look?!
Old Aug 16, 2015, 4:25 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by hillwalker2004
Just wondering whether the drinks list is still correct for CE? If I asked for the Port on the Band 4 flight coming up am I just going to get a quizzical look?!
Indeed, I have not been able to get Port in CE for ages...
Old Aug 16, 2015, 6:12 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Arienne du Rseau Courte Dure de British Airways
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Indeed, I have not been able to get Port in CE for ages...
I have a feeling we no longer have Port on short haul.

Strangely the back up bar containing the liqueurs for CE is stowed in the back galley on an Arbus (!) but I recently went looking for Port and could not find any.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by Littlegirl
I have a feeling we no longer have Port on short haul.

Strangely the back up bar containing the liqueurs for CE is stowed in the back galley on an Arbus (!) but I recently went looking for Port and could not find any.
Thanks unfortunately, that confirms my suspicions

Considering that that only two alcoholic drinks I tend to have are port and Campari, I guess I am out of sorts!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.