Search

Short haul catering guide

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2014, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by orbitmic
we are both BAEC Gold
Yeah, I've also the Gold card, didn't seem to matter. Legends say that Gold customers get their meal preferences asked first, but this is surely the product of imaginative storytelling. Pax sitting in front of us were asked there preferences, we had to take what was left. Interesting to note, that the number of CE pax sems to have been exactly the same as the number of meals loaded - 0 error of margin.

Pre-flight the purser stopped introducing himself at row 3, with us sitting in row 4. Now I don't really care much about these introductions, but telling of the level of service experienced.

And this was the final leg of a l/h F flight. Way to go
Old Oct 14, 2014, 3:09 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Yeah, I've also the Gold card, didn't seem to matter. Legends say that Gold customers get their meal preferences asked first, but this is surely the product of imaginative storytelling. Pax sitting in front of us were asked there preferences, we had to take what was left. Interesting to note, that the number of CE pax sems to have been exactly the same as the number of meals loaded - 0 error of margin.

Pre-flight the purser stopped introducing himself at row 3, with us sitting in row 4. Now I don't really care much about these introductions, but telling of the level of service experienced.

In the meantime, Qatar Airways cabin crew comes to each OneWorld Emerald and Saphire and ask them about their meal preference even if they are seated in Economy.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 3:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Band 3 lamb stew from Gatwick:

[/url]
Old Oct 14, 2014, 3:18 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
hmm...looks quite tasty....was it!?
Old Oct 14, 2014, 4:21 am

It was pretty good actually. I also had the pork belly comimg back from LIN earlier in the week which was nice.

Catering still seems to be consistently better from LGW than LHR though.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 4:45 am

Band 3, FAO-LGW, 2050 departure. Roast chicken on a bed of new potatoes. Ex-BMI A319, Seat 1F, complete with improvised IFE table-solution thing

and relaxing with the chessboard after dinner:

Old Oct 16, 2014, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger

I think gold customers get our meal preferences fulfilled first in Club World. Not sure about Club Europe.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 10:03 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Can anyone let me know what a Band 4 Euro Traveller breakfast is like? (As in quality or pics!)

I'm doing LHR-SOF in ET. Never done a Band 4 in Y before...!
Old Oct 25, 2014, 7:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by paul4040
Can anyone let me know what a Band 4 Euro Traveller breakfast is like? (As in quality or pics!)

I'm doing LHR-SOF in ET. Never done a Band 4 in Y before...!
Hot breakfast in ET on LHR-LED (B4)
Old Oct 26, 2014, 12:42 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
That's more or less the same as a Club Europe breakfast ^

Those band 4 flights really get quite good meals. It's a shame that they don't offer something more substantial on band 3 Euro Traveller. Have they ever offered hot meals on those?

Last edited by headingwest; Oct 26, 2014 at 1:12 am Reason: Added
Old Oct 26, 2014, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by headingwest
That's more or less the same as a Club Europe breakfast ^

Those band 4 flights really get quite good meals. It's a shame that they don't offer something more substantial on band 3 Euro Traveller. Have they ever offered hot meals on those?
Yes of course, but not since the 1990s I think. Note that some band 3 equivalents still get a hot meal from LCY.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 4:16 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by stifle
I think gold customers get our meal preferences fulfilled first in Club World. Not sure about Club Europe.
I don't think there is preferential meal allocation in CE. Some crew members discreetly do it but I don't think it's the norm as don't happen at all often.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 4:20 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by haasha
Super! That looks fine. Thanks for the link.

I only needed 100 TPs from a trip to SOF so one leg had to be in ET.

Glad my guesses were correct in that you get a decent breakfast in Band 4 ET. A fry up is a fry up whether it's in a dish or a foil tray.

Return will be in CE with two hot lunch options to no worries there.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by paul4040
Super! That looks fine. Thanks for the link.

I only needed 100 TPs from a trip to SOF so one leg had to be in ET.

Glad my guesses were correct in that you get a decent breakfast in Band 4 ET. A fry up is a fry up whether it's in a dish or a foil tray.

Return will be in CE with two hot lunch options to no worries there.
Seems like you got yourself a good deal there! ^
Old Oct 26, 2014, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I don't think there is preferential meal allocation in CE. Some crew members discreetly do it but I don't think it's the norm as don't happen at all often.
No indeed, AFAIK, CE is simple front to back although occasionally, indeed, I have had outstanding crew asking me if I had a specific preference for the meal before starting the service and "reserving" me one which I duly appreciated (and praised through the online feedback form).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.