Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: EsherFlyer
Current sign-up, referral, spend promotions and retention offers

New member sign ups

British Airways American Express Premium Plus Card:
Collect 25,000 bonus Avios when you spend £3,000 within the first three months of card membership.

British Airways American Express Credit Card:
Collect 9,000 bonus Avios when you spend £1,000 within the first three months of card membership.

Referrals

If you are already a BA American Express card holder (either BA card) and introduce a friend to the BA American Express card, you'll receive a 4,000 Avios bonus once your friend's application is approved.

If you are already a BA American Express card holder (either BA card) and introduce a friend to the Premium Plus card, you'll receive a 9,000 Avios bonus once your friend's application is approved.

If your friend achieves the spend required for the welcome offer on either card they'll receive an additional 1,000 Avios. I.e. 26,000 or 10,000 total bonus Avios for the Premium Plus and Credit Card respectively.
Small print:
You must refer your friend via the referral link provided above to be eligible for this offer.

You may recommend as many friends or family members as you wish but you can only receive a maximum of 45,000 Avios per calendar year for those approved for a Card.

You will receive 4,000 bonus Avios if your friend applies and is approved for the British Airways American Express Credit Card. Your friend will receive 4,000 bonus Avios after they have been approved and spent a minimum of £1,000 on goods and services purchased and charged to their Account within three months of Account opening.

You will receive 9,000 bonus Avios if your friend applies and is approved for the British Airways American Express Premium Plus Card. Your friend will receive 19,000 bonus Avios after they have been approved and spent a minimum of £3,000 on goods and services purchased and charged to their Account within three months of Account opening.

When completing the referral form, you must
(i) select the Card you hold from the list at Step 1 and
(ii) select a card to recommend from those listed at Step 2. If you do not follow this process, you and your friend will not be eligible for the bonus.

If your friend has already applied for any of the British Airways American Express Credit Cards without using this referral, you and your friend will not be eligible for the bonus Avios.

All introductory offers are subject to change, can be withdrawn at any time and are not available if your friend currently holds or has held any other British Airways American Express Credit Cards in the past six months.

Promotions

Retention offers

Voucher eligible spend
    Pretty much everything counts towards the £10,000 (or £20,000) required to earn a 2-4-1 Companion Voucher, including the following which might be unexpected:
    • Foreign transaction fees

A few things that don't:
    • Annual membership fee
    • Interest payments
    • Transactions under £1 (although you can earn the single Avios )

The online total to the right of the card summary is pretty up to date, and far more useful for tracking spend than what the statements show.

Insurance
    Both standard and Premium Plus cards include insurance benefits for goods and services purchased on the card. Full details here and here respectively. Summary of Premium Plus benefit are shown here, with standard card offering same cover unless alternate figure is shown in parentheses:
    • Purchase protection: £2,500
    • Refund protection: £300 (£200) per item
    • Flight delay / cancellation / overbooking / missed: £200 (£0)
    • Baggage delay (6+ hours): £750 (£0)
    • Baggage delay (48+ hours): £1,000 (£0), additional to 6 hours benefit
    • Accident: £250,000 (£75,000)
    • Hijack (24+ hours): £1,500
    • Hijack (72+ hours): £3,000, additional to the 24h benefit
    Print Wikipost

BA American Express credit card

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2016, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
    Anyone know? Thanks.
    I'm pretty sure that as long as you pay at least £100 of the total cost on a credit card it doesn't matter what you use to pay the balance.
    Old Oct 17, 2016, 3:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
    Companion Reward Questions

I've just earned my first Companion Reward with Amex and have a couple of questions:

My preferred way to redeem this voucher is when travelling with my wife and daughter. So, I would be booking two return tickets using Avios and then adding a third on the same flight using the Companion Reward. Given that my choice of destination would be PVG, SIN or HKG in F and during the school holidays, how realistic is this? I can book well in advance and am happy to travel midweek. Also, is it possible to book the outbound to PVG and return from either HKG or SIN?

The second part of my question is regarding the wording around the Avios booking. It implies that the booking must be using Avios in full. Is this right? I have around 300K Avios in my family account. Am I better aiming at J seats, only F would make the trip that much better!

Any information and advice greatly appreciated.
    Old Oct 17, 2016, 3:26 pm
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
    Originally Posted by TedToToe
    Also, is it possible to book the outbound to PVG and return from either HKG or SIN?

The second part of my question is regarding the wording around the Avios booking. It implies that the booking must be using Avios in full. Is this right?
    It's "yes" to both of these questions.
    Old Oct 17, 2016, 3:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
    Originally Posted by Globaliser
    It's "yes" to both of these questions.
    Many thanks for the quick reply. I guess I have around 12 months to work on the Avios balance in order to book the return flights around 355 days out.
    Old Oct 17, 2016, 5:32 pm

Programs: Status with BA Exec Club; KrisFlyer; Hilton Honors; IHG One; Marriott Bonvoy
    Originally Posted by TedToToe
    Many thanks for the quick reply. I guess I have around 12 months to work on the Avios balance in order to book the return flights around 355 days out.
    If you can quickly earn another voucher, you can book you +2 companions for one batch of Avios. At this point, however, redemption availability in F during the school holidays might be troublesome to HKG!
    Old Oct 18, 2016, 5:50 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
    Originally Posted by memesweeper
    If you can quickly earn another voucher, you can book you +2 companions for one batch of Avios. At this point, however, redemption availability in F during the school holidays might be troublesome to HKG!
    If you are suggesting they can collect 2 vouchers and then book a "3 for 1", that isn't correct. 2 vouchers can be combined for a "4 for 2" therefore requiring 2 batches of base miles. There isn't a good way to use vouchers for 3 passengers.
    Old Oct 18, 2016, 6:01 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
    ... You might look at using a Lloyds avios voucher for the third passenger (spend £7k to trigger but it's a combined Amex/MasterCard which works well alongside the BA Amex). This allows you to book a CW return for WT+ avios. Out to PVG, back from HKG would therefore be at peak dates 120k instead of 180k. However you can only book this in one go unlike the Amex voucher: you have to wait until the return date is open and hope the outbound is still available. PVG might be easier than HKG or SIN so you are doing it the right way around in that sense.

There is a referral bonus of 4500 avios on the lloyds card if want want a referral.
    Old Oct 26, 2016, 12:40 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
    No Amex points since receiving voucher

I have a curious situation. I triggered my 241 voucher about a week ago. Posted onto my BAEC account so that is all fine.
    However since then I have used my Amex regularly but the points balance is stuck at zero, as though I have no transactions.
    My membership year ends at the end of October, so is this a temporary glitch?
    I am sure in the past I have had some note that says 'you have your voucher but keep spending to get more avios... you start collecting for a new voucher at the beginning of the next membership year.

Any ideas?
    Old Oct 26, 2016, 1:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
    Originally Posted by BA or bust
    I have a curious situation. I triggered my 241 voucher about a week ago. Posted onto my BAEC account so that is all fine.
    However since then I have used my Amex regularly but the points balance is stuck at zero, as though I have no transactions.
    My membership year ends at the end of October, so is this a temporary glitch?
    I am sure in the past I have had some note that says 'you have your voucher but keep spending to get more avios... you start collecting for a new voucher at the beginning of the next membership year.

Any ideas?
    I have the same issue on all cards. I called them yesterday and they confirmed that points are accruing but the part displaying the point summary on the card main page is currently not working.

If you manage to go directly to the rewards page, where you can see the number points. Per transaction, you will see your points there.
    Old Oct 26, 2016, 1:46 am

Programs: BA Gold
    Yes points are frozen for me as well... clearly some sort of website glitch. As noted by ringingup, they appear to be accruing correctly on the rewards page.
    Old Oct 26, 2016, 2:02 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
    Originally Posted by Swibbz
    Yes points are frozen for me as well... clearly some sort of website glitch. As noted by ringingup, they appear to be accruing correctly on the rewards page.
    Yes I see them there. ^ Thanks both.
    Old Oct 26, 2016, 2:21 am
    rum

Programs: Amex MR, A3, BAEC
    Looks like my answer got to the forum before I did!

Yep, same problem here on a BAPP card. It got stuck at 83 points and I've put through close to £2K since the points last moved across.
    Old Oct 26, 2016, 3:41 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
    My Spanish Gold and UK BA cards are both sitting at zero too.. I guess it's all over..
    Old Oct 26, 2016, 4:09 am

Programs: BA GGL
    I've had a balance of 9,000 sitting on my account for a few days now, but 15,000 hit my account yesterday, so things are working correctly in the background.
    Old Nov 1, 2016, 7:05 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
    Shop Small is back!

Between 3 and 18 December 2016 you'll get rewarded with £5 back when you spend £10 or more at participating retailers. The map is hopeless, but it's worth having a look.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.