Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: EsherFlyer
Current sign-up, referral, spend promotions and retention offers

New member sign ups

British Airways American Express Premium Plus Card:
Collect 25,000 bonus Avios when you spend 3,000 within the first three months of card membership.

British Airways American Express Credit Card:
Collect 9,000 bonus Avios when you spend 1,000 within the first three months of card membership.

Referrals

If you are already a BA American Express card holder (either BA card) and introduce a friend to the BA American Express card, you'll receive a 4,000 Avios bonus once your friend's application is approved.

If you are already a BA American Express card holder (either BA card) and introduce a friend to the Premium Plus card, you'll receive a 9,000 Avios bonus once your friend's application is approved.

If your friend achieves the spend required for the welcome offer on either card they'll receive an additional 1,000 Avios. I.e. 26,000 or 10,000 total bonus Avios for the Premium Plus and Credit Card respectively.
Small print:
You must refer your friend via the referral link provided above to be eligible for this offer.

You may recommend as many friends or family members as you wish but you can only receive a maximum of 45,000 Avios per calendar year for those approved for a Card.

You will receive 4,000 bonus Avios if your friend applies and is approved for the British Airways American Express Credit Card. Your friend will receive 4,000 bonus Avios after they have been approved and spent a minimum of 1,000 on goods and services purchased and charged to their Account within three months of Account opening.

You will receive 9,000 bonus Avios if your friend applies and is approved for the British Airways American Express Premium Plus Card. Your friend will receive 19,000 bonus Avios after they have been approved and spent a minimum of 3,000 on goods and services purchased and charged to their Account within three months of Account opening.

When completing the referral form, you must
(i) select the Card you hold from the list at Step 1 and
(ii) select a card to recommend from those listed at Step 2. If you do not follow this process, you and your friend will not be eligible for the bonus.

If your friend has already applied for any of the British Airways American Express Credit Cards without using this referral, you and your friend will not be eligible for the bonus Avios.

All introductory offers are subject to change, can be withdrawn at any time and are not available if your friend currently holds or has held any other British Airways American Express Credit Cards in the past six months.

Promotions

Retention offers

Voucher eligible spend
    Pretty much everything counts towards the 10,000 (or 20,000) required to earn a 2-4-1 Companion Voucher, including the following which might be unexpected:
    • Foreign transaction fees

A few things that don't:
    • Annual membership fee
    • Interest payments
    • Transactions under 1 (although you can earn the single Avios )

The online total to the right of the card summary is pretty up to date, and far more useful for tracking spend than what the statements show.

Insurance
    Both standard and Premium Plus cards include insurance benefits for goods and services purchased on the card. Full details here and here respectively. Summary of Premium Plus benefit are shown here, with standard card offering same cover unless alternate figure is shown in parentheses:
    • Purchase protection: 2,500
    • Refund protection: 300 (200) per item
    • Flight delay / cancellation / overbooking / missed: 200 (0)
    • Baggage delay (6+ hours): 750 (0)
    • Baggage delay (48+ hours): 1,000 (0), additional to 6 hours benefit
    • Accident: 250,000 (75,000)
    • Hijack (24+ hours): 1,500
    • Hijack (72+ hours): 3,000, additional to the 24h benefit
    Print Wikipost

BA American Express credit card

Old Apr 19, 2014, 1:13 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
    Thanks for reply, Raffles.

I had read about the deal on your headforpoints page and had mistakenly mis interpreted that I could use my Amex up to the my cash threshold. Certainly I hadn't picked up that the daily limit would cap my transaction
    I did think about doing multiple transactions on different days to use my Amex, but in the end went for single transaction and paid by credit card.
    Good rates available there too ^
    Old Apr 21, 2014, 8:07 am

How long does it take for a 241 voucher to be issued and appear in a BAEC account after the 10k spend is reached?

Is it transferred from Amex to BA when the Avios balance is transferred once a month or is it sooner?

Thanks
    Old Apr 21, 2014, 9:20 am

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat Amb
    It generally appears within a few days, you don't have to wait until the end of the month.
    Old Apr 21, 2014, 10:02 am
    FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
    Originally Posted by PantsFlyer
    It generally appears within a few days, you don't have to wait until the end of the month.
    Or, alternatively, nearly 2 months and a few e-messages and phone calls! However, when it was finally unravelled there was an extra 2 months' validity, so I may (vaguely, possibly, optimistically) be able to use it one day.
    Old Apr 24, 2014, 3:07 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, QR Silver, CX Gold, AMEX Plat, AMEX Gold
    If I order Traveller Cheques of AMEX, does it need to be signed when received? Okay if concierge signs for them?
    Old Apr 25, 2014, 1:37 am

Programs: BAEC foot soldier
    Buying euros with Amex - now treated as a cash transaction

Hi all,

It has been a while since I used my AMEX card to buy a foreign currency. The last few times i did not have to activate anything on my card and it would transact as a service (I think). This morning when attempting to buy €1000 (I tried both the Amex site and through Travelmoneynow on BA) I had the error message that said this was a cash transaction and would be over my limit. Has AMEX changed this service now to reflect as a cash transaction?

Cheers,

Last edited by TheAberdonian; Apr 25, 2014 at 2:02 am
    Old Apr 25, 2014, 2:07 pm
    FlyerTalk Evangelist
    Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
    It counts against your cash limit but is still treated as a purchase AFAIK
    Old Apr 30, 2014, 1:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue; HHonours Silver; Hertz Gold
    When did they remove the double avios for spend with ba on the standard ba Amex?
    Old Apr 30, 2014, 2:57 pm

AMEX 2-4-1

Mrs RFT and I both have Amex PP cards. We are supplementary card holders on each others accounts. All the 2-4-1 vouchers we have accumulated are on my BAEC account even although some were accumulated on her PP card.

According to the T&C's you cannot accumulate 2-4-1 on a supplementary card. Can anyone suggest how this has come about? Can the vouchers that were collected on Mrs RFT's card be moved to her BAEC account without the risk of BA cancelling them??

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Old Apr 30, 2014, 3:24 pm

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
    You are right that a supplementary card holder can't get a voucher in their own right, but if you each have an account then you can each get a voucher. I'm reading it that you each have two cards - one where you are a primary card holder and one where you are a supplementary card holder.
    Old Apr 30, 2014, 3:25 pm

Correct. I am main card holder on one account & Mrs RFT is main on other. But ALL 2-4-1's are in my BAEC account.
    Old Apr 30, 2014, 3:29 pm

Mrs RFT and I both have Amex PP cards. We are supplementary card holders on each others accounts. All the 2-4-1 vouchers we have accumulated are on my BAEC account even although some were accumulated on her PP card.

According to the T&C's you cannot accumulate 2-4-1 on a supplementary card. Can anyone suggest how this has come about? Can the vouchers that were collected on Mrs RFT's card be moved to her BAEC account without the risk of BA cancelling them??

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Old Apr 30, 2014, 3:42 pm

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
    Are you in a household account? Not sure if that is relevant, but someone else might!
    Old Apr 30, 2014, 3:51 pm

Yes household account. The problem was noticed as Mrs RFT wanted to book a 2-4-1 with the young RFT. But she can't as her vouchers have been assigned to my account???

Last edited by RFT72; Apr 30, 2014 at 3:57 pm
    Old Apr 30, 2014, 3:53 pm

Yes, its a household account. It was noticed as Mrs RFT wanted to book a 2-4-1 with Mstr RFT but she can't as her vouchers are assigned to my account???

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.